FIFA 09

alldaws1

All of a sudden Ultimate Team has become really cheap, I keep playing 2 star teams and they are all faster than me and get away with alot more with the ref and seem to have a super goalie, While my guys haven't scored a goal in god knows when and I'm trying to save up for a silver pack but I'm only getting 300-400 coins a game because I'm only getting losses or draws and then I have to spend 500 on the bronze pack to get more contract cards.

Any tips you guys are willing to spill will be appreciated greatly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, basic stuff really. If you know the opponent has some fast players, walk backwards to the goal instead of immediately attacking the player with the ball. The computer often doesn't know what to do then and ends up shooting from distance or it still manages to find an opening because your defence is shit, but then it's not your fault. Also, with shitty players I use (I think) LT + X a lot, because then you make sure the player who passes the ball immediately tries to find space again. This works perfectly well with the tall guy, who can keep the ball for a few seconds until the guy down the side has gotten past his opponent and voila, there's an opening. You probably know all of this already, but I don't know what else you can do. It's all about patient defending and lots of passing, Dutch-style :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

• Admin

Yeah, the Chemistry level and gameplay cards can make a hell of a difference. The main reason I play Giggs instead of Silva, since Giggs fits into 4-4-2 and gives me a 10+ Chemistry bonus, whereas Silva is actually a better player.

At the moment I refuse to use gameplay cards as I feel that its cheating.

At the moment I'm running 4-4-2 as most of my players like that formation and putting pressure on them in defense, I'll try what Quasi said.

I need contract cards bad, I have 7 that have only 1 game left on there contract and 3 that have 2 games left.

So I finally got enough coins to nab a silver pack and I got a 74 rated player :D Most of them like 4-3-3 now, So I'm going to have to change again, But my Chemistry is up to 41 (Not any more due to me needing to swap out players that only have 1 game left), I guess it's time for a team update.

GK - Enrico Guarna (64) [Ascoli]

LB - Claudio Lustenberger (64) [FC Luzern]

CB - Adam Virgo (64) [brighton]

CB - Matteo Abbate (64) [Piacenza]

RB - Paul Caddis (64) [Dundee United]

CM - Adam Bodzek (68) [MSV Duisburg]

CM - Yohan Cabaye (74) [Lille] - Currently the hightest rated player on the team

CM - Daniel Brinkman (64) [Alem. Aachen]

ST - Nathan Tyson (67) [Nottm. Forrest]

ST - Mattias Schnakenberg (68) [Created Player]

ST - Moreno Merenda (64) [FC St. Gallen]

tl;dr - Slogger's team still sucks, But not as much and Quasi rocks, Those defensive tips helped out massive man, Thanks.

I need contract cards bad, I have 7 that have only 1 game left on there contract and 3 that have 2 games left.

So I finally got enough coins to nab a silver pack and I got a 74 rated player :D Most of them like 4-3-3 now, So I'm going to have to change again, But my Chemistry is up to 41 (Not any more due to me needing to swap out players that only have 1 game left), I guess it's time for a team update.

GK - Enrico Guarna (64) [Ascoli]

LB - Claudio Lustenberger (64) [FC Luzern]

CB - Adam Virgo (64) [brighton]

CB - Matteo Abbate (64) [Piacenza]

RB - Paul Caddis (64) [Dundee United]

CM - Adam Bodzek (68) [MSV Duisburg]

CM - Yohan Cabaye (74) [Lille] - Currently the hightest rated player on the team

CM - Daniel Brinkman (64) [Alem. Aachen]

ST - Nathan Tyson (67) [Nottm. Forrest]

ST - Mattias Schnakenberg (68) [Created Player]

ST - Moreno Merenda (64) [FC St. Gallen]

tl;dr - Slogger's team still sucks, But not as much and Quasi rocks, Those defensive tips helped out massive man, Thanks.

I'm adding you on XBL right now, I'm Tzakjez , don't ask why :shifty:

If you really get a hang of that style of defending you can be pretty successful online as well. The reason I managed to beat a 5 star team with my shitty one star team is because I was defending the "zone" instead of the man and even though the opponent had a 5 star team (which he probably bought), he was average, so he tried to search Martins with through balls but I managed to intercept every time.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

If you really get a hang of that style of defending you can be pretty successful online as well. The reason I managed to beat a 5 star team with my shitty one star team is because I was defending the "zone" instead of the man and even though the opponent had a 5 star team (which he probably bought), he was average, so he tried to search Martins with through balls but I managed to intercept every time.

I've seen worse gamertags, I'm still having problems scoring, They seem to shut me down rather quick.

I've seen worse gamertags, I'm still having problems scoring, They seem to shut me down rather quick.

I'm lucky to have a rather speedy striker for this level. So I use my freakazoid tall striker to hold up the ball or muscle past some defenders and then give the speedy guy a through ball.

Ah, nothing better than playing FIFA 09, with beer and K-Rose from GTA San Andreas playing :blush:

I just got my first online UT team win (I'd drawn the other two I've played online). Only goal of the game was a Biagio Pagano volley from close range in the first half. Good game, I thought he'd do well against me because he had his 8 foot tall created striker but the only real threat he posed up front was a goal which was ruled out for offside as time expired :D

I would list my current team but it's going to change a bit in the next few games I think, I've got a lot of contracts expiring so I bought a couple of bronze packs to pick up a few contract extensions and some more players because I've sent quite a lot to The Collection resulting in a small squad.

By the way, what happens when a player's contract runs out? Does he just disappear from your team or do you get to add him to the collection? I haven't actually had one run out on me yet, I usually bench players until I can get contract cards or I send some to my collection if I don't have them in my first team plans.

EDIT: Also, my awesome away kit:

EnergieCottbusA.jpg

Edited by AD

Ah, thanks. I've come to a situation where both of my goalkeepers now have 1 game left on their contract, I don't have any contract cards but I have enough for another bronze pack. I wonder what would happen if I just let both goalkeepers run out of contract and don't get a new one :shifty:

Will anyone ever finish a game?

EDIT: Just won my 5th Interactive League game didn't give me the trophy. :(

There's a glitch with the interactive mode.

If you find an opponent and it says "Guests: 0" underneath your team then it's put you into a ranked match. What you have to do is enter the match as normal and then exit as soon as you kick off (or maybe even before) and it'll return you to the interactive mode. When you search again you'll see that the "Guests: 0" part has disappeared. This is now an interactive league game. When you enter the game you can double check by pausing and the menu should now have the option "Exit to Interactive League Standings" rather than "Exit to Arena".

It's a pain in the arse I know, took me two and a half hours to get 5 wins.