FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for a girlfriend-free opportunity to divulge in some Ultimate Team.

For now I've been playing a few more ranked matches and TCO and I have been tearing shit up in the 2v2 rooms. Well, maybe it's just our opponents have been poor but still, it's been great. Especially when we came from behind to beat a pair of dirty cheaters with a last minute goal 2-1.

My love for UT is slowly starting to fade (see: quickly)

I keep fucking up on contracts since there's no warning when entering online match about expiring.

Yesterday I lost:

Julio Cesar 93 GK

David Bentley 84 RM

Michael Carrick 85 Cm.

BALLLS

So you have to look at Team Management every time before entering a online match from now on then :blush:

Just started to play again after a few days and put the difficulty on Legendary like AD said, but it really doesn't change much. I won my first three matches with my mate with 4-0, 8-2 and 5-1 :pervert: Also, I got Kirk Broadfoot for 150 via auction :w00t:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I've got a 5 star team on Ultimate Team, and I've found the best way to keep everyone under contract is to buy loads of bronze packs instead of 1 gold pack. You get a lot of player contracts that way, and if you've got a manager he will bump the number of games you can sign them up for. I've currently got my entire team locked down for at least 35 games each.

If I was actually any good at the game it would be useful, as I only get to play good people as all the four star and lower teams run for the hills whenever I appear at an online game. Cowards.

Is anyone else getting Basketball updates along the newsticker, instead of football stuff?

Good performance by Phoenix this week.

I also appear to be getting MLB and NHL results, and if the season was on I'd imagine NFL would be there too. A bit odd.

Is anyone else getting Basketball updates along the newsticker, instead of football stuff?

Good performance by Phoenix this week.

I also appear to be getting MLB and NHL results, and if the season was on I'd imagine NFL would be there too. A bit odd.

I've got a 5 star team on Ultimate Team, and I've found the best way to keep everyone under contract is to buy loads of bronze packs instead of 1 gold pack. You get a lot of player contracts that way, and if you've got a manager he will bump the number of games you can sign them up for. I've currently got my entire team locked down for at least 35 games each.

If I was actually any good at the game it would be useful, as I only get to play good people as all the four star and lower teams run for the hills whenever I appear at an online game. Cowards.

That sounds like a good strategy for the contracts when you get your team up to that level. My team is just 5 stars when I have a full squad out there but I'm running out of contracts fast and Robben keeps getting injured so at the moment I'm stuck playing 4-3-3 and not enough coins to even buy a bronze pack. I had plenty of coins a few games ago but then I bought three packs and didn't get a single contract card :/

If it was a regular online FIFA game I would agree with you about people backing out but because of the way Ultimate Team is, you would be stupid not to. Regardless of how good someone is, the majority of the time a 2-3 star team or lower is going to be destroyed by a 5-star team. So basically you're losing one match on your players' contracts for probably just a couple of hundred coins.

That reminded me of when I was at the park watching pub league football and someone cleared it all of half a yard because it smashed someone in the face. He just about backflipped and was down for ages, everyone laughed except him. Then again I think he was just about unconscious in the air so he probably didn't see the funny side.

Observations for FIFA. Cisse and Jones have the combined speed of a dying dog apparently as they were unable to beat Sol Campbell and Sylvan Distin in a footrace even once. Malbranque appears to have lost every ounce of speed and ability he had when he used to play for Spurs on games now he's at Sunderland. And Jlloyd Samuel may possibly the fastest moving person in the world the way he's gone down the left wing in this match I'm playing.

But I'm not angry :@

I've got into a pickle with my UT. I have two goalkeepers (both gold) at the moment, Robert Green and Yohann Pele. Both have only one game left on their contract, I don't have any contract cards and I don't have enough coins for a bronze pack. I'm tempted to send Pele, the weaker goalie, to my collection because that should give me enough coins to buy a bronze pack. I run the risk of not getting any contract cards, though, and leaving myself having to play Robert Green and then being without goalie after the match. :(

Edited by AD

Oh and heres the headshot incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7GCxojQIg

Saw this a couple of pages back, and that video led me onto this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQc59NQFMO4...feature=related

It's quite funny.

Playing my manager mode and this happened:

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/4922353

Not the easiest thing to see but if you notice their keeper lobs the ball straight into Van Nistlerooy head. I found it rather amusing just ashame the video didn't quite come out too well.

I've got into a pickle with my UT. I have two goalkeepers (both gold) at the moment, Robert Green and Yohann Pele. Both have only one game left on their contract, I don't have any contract cards and I don't have enough coins for a bronze pack. I'm tempted to send Pele, the weaker goalie, to my collection because that should give me enough coins to buy a bronze pack. I run the risk of not getting any contract cards, though, and leaving myself having to play Robert Green and then being without goalie after the match. :(

Just play Pele in the next match, win, get coins. Then buy a pack and there's basically always a contract card in there. Pele is gone then, but you get to keep Green, might get a new GK and you can actually field an actual goalie :pervert:

Just beat Chelsea in the final to win the Carling Cup, 4-1. Scored this little beauty in the process.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/4923526

I knew bringing in Cahill and putting him on the wing would pay off. Great finnish by Podolski though.

If it was a regular online FIFA game I would agree with you about people backing out but because of the way Ultimate Team is, you would be stupid not to. Regardless of how good someone is, the majority of the time a 2-3 star team or lower is going to be destroyed by a 5-star team. So basically you're losing one match on your players' contracts for probably just a couple of hundred coins.

True, but if you're a decent player with a one/two star team, you can still win against a five star team. I should know, I've lost several times to 1/2 star teams :(.

I think there's also a multiplier if you face a team better than you, so it boosts the number of coins you get even if you lose.

I've started to really focus on my collection now, buying tonnes of bronze packs to try and get at least one page complete. Also going for anyone on just 150 coins on the trade auction, which is a far more expensive way of doing things.