FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my starter pack and have so far bought a single bronze pack. Played 3 matches (just on professional difficulty) and scored 13 goals and got 3 clean sheets.

My team is the Northern Lads (of course), I have Millwall's badge (it's a Lion, not bad I guess?), play at the Luz Do Sol Stadium, my home kit is the Chunnam Dragons and my away kit is Willem II which I can't find a picture of but assume it's last season's.

Couple of questions. (Admittedly, I could look these up but why bother when you nice people can tell me <_<)

1. What are the benefits (if any) of playing online games rather than club ones? Are the coins earned boosted?

2. How much are the silver and gold packs?

3. How many games do I get out of this demo before I have to splash the cash for the full game?

4. Is there any way during a match to find out which button you have assigned strategy cards to? I don't want to accidentally deploy the wrong one.

1. No benefit to playing online than offline, just that it's more fun against a real opponent I guess. It's actually better to play offline because then you can earn bigger multipliers by playing on harder difficulties because you can only play Professional online. There are PS3 trophies and Xbox achievements for winning all the online tournaments and winning the gold world trophy online tournament.

2. Silver is 2,500 coins while Gold is 5,000. You have to have played six matches to unlock silver packs, I think it's twelve for gold. Once you build your team up and playing on Legendary difficulty you can earn over 1,000 coins a match if you win by 4-5 goals, have the majority of possession and get plenty of shots on target, so 5,000 for a gold pack isn't as pricey as I thought at first.

3. You can play five games on the demo, so you won't be able to get any silver packs unless you buy the full thing.

4. Press back (I presume Select for the PS3) and a menu comes up telling you which gameplay cards you have available. Simply press the corresponding d-pad button to play it. It can be tricky applying them to certain players, though, especially to opposition players. You can assign cards to each of the four d-pad buttons in the Team Management > Gameplay Cards menu in the Ultimate Team main menu.

Edited by AD

Anyone know how many matches are in the Bronze Club Tournament, or any other tournaments for that matter?

I don't want to enter one (or purchase the game for that matter) if my contracts aren't long enough to get me through it.

There are four matches in every tournament. From the Round of 16 to the final. You can change your team and do contracts and things at any time, though, you don't have to do the whole tournament in one go, you can even quit out and play some friendlies if you want.

An example of what I was talking about earlier about managing to get plenty of coins from one game. I started the Gold Mediterranean Cup tournament and was drawn against Barcelona in the first round. My 4.5-star team beat them on Legendary difficulty 4-0 and I get 1012 coins :D

Edited by AD

Well I'm beating 4 star teams with my 1 star team on Pro difficulty by 4 or 5 goals and I averaged 850 points over the 5 games I played.

If I buy the game I can imagine I'll just keep playing with the same rabble of players til I get enough coins for gold packs and just leave out the silver altogether. Well, besides one to get the trophy.

I beat my record last night by getting 902 coins, defeating someone who wasn't even trying and was sending their goalkeeper to tackle me on the halfway line 13-0.

In case anyone's wondering, you only get a maximum of 200 coins for goals (i.e. 5) and 75 coins for shots on target (15), which is annoying but I guess it stops people really cashing in on easy game levels.

Just completed my first page, Stockport County, and bought a gold pack to celebrate. Got Wayne Rooney for my trouble.

Team is now;

GK - E. Péle - 92

RB - J. Bosingwa - 93

LB - J. Capdevila 96

CB - N Vidic - 95

CB - Juan - 94

RCM - M Essien - 92

CM - M Arteta - 90

LCM - L Messi - 90

CF - W Rooney - 90

ST - T Henry - 92

ST - Amauri - 91

All of them have been trained up a lot, hence their large OVR numbers.

Well I'm beating 4 star teams with my 1 star team on Pro difficulty by 4 or 5 goals and I averaged 850 points over the 5 games I played.

If I buy the game I can imagine I'll just keep playing with the same rabble of players til I get enough coins for gold packs and just leave out the silver altogether. Well, besides one to get the trophy.

You may need some silver cards to complete an 11-player page which is also a trophy I believe. You get the odd silver card in bronze and gold packs, though. Also, silver contract cards will get your players more games than bronze, and gold more than silver. So I wouldn't rule out silver packs altogether but I do a similar thing, I splash out on bronze packs when I need contracts and save up for gold packs most of the time.

Cresswell is awesome. I had him paired up with Aliadiere for a while and they were really good. Since I've got Totti and Quagliarella now I sent him to my collection a while back but I got him again in a bronze pack and have stuck him in my reserves for when I have contracts run out.

I kinda want to play Ultimate Team, there's nothing really to stop me. I haven't even tried the demo, but for some reason.. I'm just not buying it.

Someone persuade me to get it with all its lovely features. It's only like.. £8 or something :@

Let's take the plunge together, Ace. :)

I've tried the demo and I kinda like it but I'm holding off on buying it for no real reason. Well, no real reason except that I still have Midnight Club from Christmas that I ought to be devoting more time to completing and earning trophies in. Same goes for Littlebigplanet, Uncharted (need 2 more run throughs to platinum it) and Rock Band 2.

God...Some people. I score a goal within the first minute of a ranked game online, and then he decides 'oh, sod this then' and see's fit to constantly score own goals from his kick off. It got to 12-0 and I'd had enough.

I know it's only a game but it really does take the piss...

EDIT: Idiots and that bloody kick-off glitch as well! :bang:

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

I still don't get the kick-off 'glitch'. I've had it tried against me countless times but the closest they have come to scoring is hitting the crossbar, it never goes in.

Oh, and I'm cursing my luck in gold packs in UT at the moment. I keep getting RBs when I already have Zambrotta. I could do with a LB, CB and RM. I know I could go and buy one in the trades section but people expect you to pay ridiculous amounts of coins. I'd rather take my chances with the packs and get more players and things like staff, club info cards, gameplay cards etc.

Edited by AD

I've had it go in twice against me. It's not worth though, because 99% of the time, they're just giving the you the ball. What's worse is the guys who use the glitch that allows them to score direct from a corner.