FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought UT. Played my sixth match and bought my first Silver pack (trophy~!) Only got one decent silver player in there like. Fulham's Dacourt.

Didn't realise what the limit on the cards you were allowed to have was. So I've swapped in some of the better cards from my Silver pack and sent a few of the bronze players who only had a game left on their contract to the collection.

Do you guys use the gameplay cards every game? I suppose you have to else you end up wasting them by discarding them or putting them up for trade when you get new ones.

edit: Another question, the big numbers on the player cards are OVR rating right? So what are the ones on things like gameplay cards/badges/attire? I got Ceska Liga's badge (59) but kept Millwall's Lion (60). Also, how do you deploy gameplay cards on specific opposition players, like the reduced fitness/heading ones?

Do you guys use the gameplay cards every game? I suppose you have to else you end up wasting them by discarding them or putting them up for trade when you get new ones.

I don't use them at all, just discarding the bronze/silvers and trading the gold ones. I don't like having to think about any more strategy than I have to.

edit: Another question, the big numbers on the player cards are OVR rating right? So what are the ones on things like gameplay cards/badges/attire? I got Ceska Liga's badge (59) but kept Millwall's Lion (60). Also, how do you deploy gameplay cards on specific opposition players, like the reduced fitness/heading ones?

I'm fairly sure they're just "card ranking" numbers, for example a Man Utd badge is ranked 90, a Millwall badge 60, in general terms of their value for trades and nothing more.

If you press select (or the XBox variation) when an opposition player has the ball, I think that dishes out the reduce ones. I'm not sure though, as I don't use them, but that seems the likely answer.

In response to the complaints thing, the corner glitch pisses me off big time, as does people who do the complicated celebrations when they score. Seriously, why bother?

Edited by Chris2K

AJ - we were going to take the plunge together! :(

Download is going now, 50% there so will hopefully be playing later.

As for the celebrations, I always do the backflips and somersaults. Although it was funny when I lost 5-0 online the other day and the guys celebration was to do the forward roll and then sit as my goalkeeper too sat on the floor. It was hilarious.

Sorry Ace, I cracked. :crying:

So it'd be a waste of time me putting my bronze gameplay cards up for trade then as I was hoping to get a little coinage that way. Every little helps and all that.

Celebrations-wise I always do the same one. Swirl it left, swirl it right and hold X. Somersault. Unless I'm in a hurry in which case I tap L1+R1 and skip.

My starter pack has dicked me.

I have a starting line up, then on bench a GK, 5 CBs, 1 CM and 2 CDM.

So I have no attacking options there or wide options, how nice :(

Starting XI:

GK Park Dong Suk (64) Gwangju FC

DR Simon Ramsden (56) Rochdale

DL Andy Webster (63) Rangers

DC Dennis Hillebrand (63) Frankfurt

DC Julien Ielsch (61) Riems

MR Jerome Schneider (51) Servette FC

ML Andre Luci (64) Ascoli

MC Ian Craney (60) Huddersfield

MC Baek Young Chul (61) Daegu FC

ST Ryan Smith (55) Southampton

ST Lee Bradbury (53) Bournemouth

Club Badge: Nimes

Home Kit: Reims

Away Kit: Dagenham & Redbridge

Stadium: Aloha Park

Train at: Parc de Pays Arena

I'm assuming when I buy the full game I keep this team I have in the trial?

I think so, but you can delete your team and start over any time you like. That's what I did when I bought the full game.

Not every game. I use them against the better computer teams, or in games when I'm struggling to get things going. I only use them online if my opponent uses them or if their team is significantly better and I try and level the playing field with them.

Also, how do you deploy gameplay cards on specific opposition players, like the reduced fitness/heading ones?

When you have control of a player his name shows up on the bar at the bottom of the screen, but the computer player's name also does. It's always the player closest to you when they don't have the ball and always the player in possession when they do. It's difficult to do, especially when they're a quick team, though.

In response to the complaints thing, the corner glitch pisses me off big time, as does people who do the complicated celebrations when they score. Seriously, why bother?

Because it's fun?

Celebrations-wise I've been doing the ones I've unlocked through Ultimate Team recently, the many bows, boxing and the one where you put your hand up to your ear twice and do a little jig.

It's also fun to run around a dejected goalkeeper pretending you're an aeroplane :shifty:

I've had it go in twice against me. It's not worth though, because 99% of the time, they're just giving the you the ball. What's worse is the guys who use the glitch that allows them to score direct from a corner.

from a corner ? this is new to me, enlighten please

I've had it go in twice against me. It's not worth though, because 99% of the time, they're just giving the you the ball. What's worse is the guys who use the glitch that allows them to score direct from a corner.

from a corner ? this is new to me, enlighten please

There's a glitch that if you put the ball in a certain place from a corner, the goalkeeper can't catch it no matter how much you control/don't control him, and there's always a player from your team waiting there.

I'm not gonna go into great detail because the less people that use it the better.

As for the celebrations, maybe I can understand why people do them. I'm just stupidly impatient when it comes to anything that I cancel the celebration and the replay to get going again. I'm the same if someone presses pause or so much as tries to watch a replay.

So that's how that bastard playing as Chelsea kept scoring headers from corners! Good god...I hate FIFA online right now. <_<

It gets even more annoying when the CPU does it. At least with a real person you can call them a cheating twat, can't really do it to a machine.

So that's how that bastard playing as Chelsea kept scoring headers from corners! Good god...I hate FIFA online right now. <_<

It gets even more annoying when the CPU does it. At least with a real person you can call them a cheating twat, can't really do it to a machine.

"Cheating AI cunts." ...usually works for me.

But nah, people have scored with it online against me, but not straight from the corner being taken. It's been whipped in almost under my bar, and because it goes over the keeper, he just stands there, so if they have a player at the back post, he can just easily head it in.

If you send someone to your collection, does that mean that you can't use him again, at all? As in, I know you lose him from your team at that time, but could you re-buy him, or recieve the player in a card pack?

Send him to your collection and you'll lose him, but you can re-buy him via an auction and you can also possibly get him when you buy a pack again. I send Hollands to my collection and immediately got him back, which sucked <_<