The Streets

Liam

New album 'Everything Is Borrowed' is released today, plan to pick it up at some point or other, but was wondering if anyone else is into them? I think A Grand Don't Come For Free is one of the best albums in my collection, whilst The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living isn't as good, but still worth a spin. Still haven't picked up Original Pirate Material.

So yeah, anyone picking up the new album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED4xecImOWI

Heaven For The Weather, the song that was performed on Jonathan Ross last weekend.

A performance you can see at the end of this clip:

Edited by rvdwannabe

I was talking about the Streets to a fuckload of people on MSN the other week. I must have been hammered. :shifty: I only like 2 Streets songs. That early one he did with that black guy, and "Blinded By The Lights", which is fucking awesome. Actually, "Irony Of It All" is fucking brilliant too.

Edited by YI

I was talking about the Streets to a fuckload of people on MSN the other week. I must have been hammered. :shifty: I only like 2 Streets songs. That early one he did with that black guy, and "Blinded By The Lights", which is fucking awesome. Actually, "Irony Of It All" is fucking brilliant too.

This?

Also, Blinded by the lights is brilliant, yes. Made even more brilliant when I heard it as a soundtrack for Kidulthood.

I pretty much share the same views as you though. There's not really many songs that I like by The Streets. I liked Dry Your Eyes for a short period but then began to annoy me when it was getting played everywhere. I do like "Nite Nite" though, which is the song I've linked.

This?

Actually no, but that is really good, I actually vaguely remember that now. I was on about;

It reminds Apsham of that time he was struck blind by the lights. There were all these people pushing by walking off into the night.

I was way into the first two albums but hated the hell out of The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living, so I'm not sure if I'll look into the new one.