Awesome Riffs

Benji

There is a riff in a song, ...and they obey, by Kinesis that I really like. Its mostly because right at the end of the riff for a split second you hear the lead guitar echo and it makes it for me.

Down in Oakland is a cool riff, I'm listening to it now.

The main riff from Sublimes What I got is nice.

Everything Turns Grey by Agent Orange is another one I like. Its simple but I like it. You might have heard the song on the Dave Mirra BMX ps2 game.

Everything Turns Grey by Agent Orange is another one I like. Its simple but I like it. You might have heard the song on the Dave Mirra BMX ps2 game.

I :wub: 'd that game, it introduced me to the wonder that is Social Distortion

I like awesome riffs, they sometimes can send a tingle down your spine.

Anyway, there is this band from the late 80s that were in the mix with crust and thrash bands, Energetic Krusher they were known as. I'm not overly fond of the name, but they were a fucking great band. Their brand of thrash kicks you in the face, it's everything that is good about metal. Most of their songs have great riffs, but in particular the songs "Energetic Krusher" and "The Blast" buzz through your ears like a chainsaw.

One of the many great punk bands from Sweden, Crude SS, has quite a few of their own riffs that rock. "Forced Values" is one in particular that I like, it's the work done through the chorus that is great. I can't explain what I like so much about it, but I guess it sounds like what I'd associate with harder edged punk of the day.

I'll just say the entire Ace of Spades album in Motorhead's case. Every riff is great on that album.

Toxic Holocaust is another one that seemingly has cool riff after cool riff. "Arise from the Cemetery" and "Burn" have excellent riffs, it's the beginning of the song that makes them cool. It's a great way for a song to grab your interest immediately, no pussyfooting around, it comes in with a high octane riff that doesn't stop until the song is over.