Fantasy Basketball

BATTLES

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's do this thang.

On the ESPN site the average league has 10 teams, so I think that would be a good minimum. With 10 teams the draft is very shallow, you end up with some very good players left when it comes to drafting your bench. So if more people are interested, higher than 10 would be ideal .. but it can definitely work with 10. We've got 5 people here so far, I'm sure there are at least another 5 people on EWB who follow NBA :P

Does anyone have a preference on which site we could organize it through? The only one I have used is ESPN, which is pretty good.

Count me in, and I have a couple of non-EWB-type folks who are hoop junkies if we need extras.

I'd been considering starting an ESPN league this year, thinking that it was eligible for their "Uber" all-games challenge thing they do...but strangely, it's not. Golf and NASCAR, yes, basketball, no, unless it's a paid premium league. Extortionist bastards.

Two big differences between Yahoo and ESPN leagues:

1. It's easier to talk shit back and forth on Yahoo. ESPN's league boards are organized in thread form rather than Yahoo's format of a long string of posts. So, if talking trash is important, Yahoo would likely be easier.

2. A lot of ESPN's advice-type columns are for Insiders only...again, they want money. Yahoo has most of that free. So, if you read advice columns for tips, Yahoo would win again. To fight the power, I'll usually read Yahoo columns and use the info in the ESPN leagues.

As far as live drafts, love 'em. But it might be a pain in the balls to set one up if we start getting, say, an Australian or English member interested. Even me, I go to work most days at 6 AM, so I'm not up until all hours of the night, except for Friday/Saturday. If we can get one, awesome. If not, I won't be surprised.

Edited by Sinistarr

Well it seems like there's more than enough interest, so I've set up a league. I went with Yahoo, as that seemed the more popular choice. We'll try and organize a live draft if we can. I'd say 16 teams is probably a good number in terms of how deep the draft will be.

Here are the details to join:

the ID# is 46051 and the Password is headbangers.

If anyone has any suggestions about certain rules or scoring or anything like that (Y)

Edited by BATTLES