Nick and Norah's Infanite Playlist

I Don't Mind

Just got home from seeing this flick with my girlfriend, and wow and damn. Funny, romantic, tragic, and enough ridiculous confusing-plot-jumps that really made me feel like a teen again. This is also a downside to the movie because I was thoroughly depressed the whole way too. :(

Still, beautifully acted, great casting, great writing. I was really expecting a lot, and I mean, A LOT more music involvement, but for what it was, it was pretty sweet.

Anyone else see this? It may be the last great Michael Cera movie before his entire market gets saturated with his own movies.

InfInite.

Anyway, I've been seeing posters for this all over and I haven't a clue what it's about, but Michael Cera's in it and despite getting pigeon-held into the 'awkward teenager' character ever since Arrested Development, he continues to play said character amazingly well. I can only imagine he is awkward in this too, and I worry, but I'll probably end up seeing it. Now, to find someone who will go with me...

I gave it a 7/10 too. It was a really enjoyable movie, I originally didn't have high expectations for it and expected it to be another typical "I'm trying to be indie" movie. I saw it because I have a man-crush on Michael Cera and left the theatres completely surprised that it was as good as it was.

Both a friend of mine and I were depressed by the movie because, we found certain things just hit a little too close to home, I guess.

In most movies, the two main characters will meet, fall in love, spend the rest of the movie together except for maybe a short time where they fight, break apart, then get back together again. In this movie however both Nick and Norah had, sort of, distraction relationships. A girl like Norah really would leave a guy like Nick who she finds perfect to be with Tall (I think his name was), and a guy like Nick would go with Trish. It was so realistic, and captured the confusion of teenage romance of very well. By the time Nick and Norah finally figured out how perfect they were together, both my friend and I (who saw the movie at roughly the same time at two completely different theaters) in sync, looked at our dates and were saddened that we didn't have those puppy-love butterfly feelings that Nick and Norah showed.

But I too gave it about a 7/10. Looking back on it, I thought Trish's acting was a little sub-par for such a simplistic role.

See, I saw it, and was utterly disappointed. First, my girlfriend forced me to see this instead of seeing Eagle Eye, which was upsetting. I thought it was predictable and tried to hard to be a indie movie.

Of course, my view may have been skewed, because sitting beside me I had a couple of 15 year old girls who obviously were "Tris" but thought they were so much like "Norah", it was disgusting. That, and they kept whipping out their cell phones to text people and getting up and running out of the theater to get more food.

Yeah, not an enjoyable night at the movies.

See, I saw it, and was utterly disappointed. First, my girlfriend forced me to see this instead of seeing Eagle Eye, which was upsetting. I thought it was predictable and tried to hard to be a indie movie.

Having seen Eagle Eye, you're honestly missing fuckall, unless you like movies that make you feel like you wasted two hours on a movie that was more or less mediocre. I mean, it's not horrible, but I'd hardly get upset about it.

Having seen Eagle Eye, you're honestly missing fuckall, unless you like movies that make you feel like you wasted two hours on a movie that was more or less mediocre. I mean, it's not horrible, but I'd hardly get upset about it.

Wahey, that's exactly how I felt about Burn After Reading. :shifty:

Well, it's good to know, then, that either way it would have been a waste of money ;)

However, I just like seeing movies starring Shia LeBeouf so I can say his name...honestly, it's the most fun name EVER to say.

Uhh, back to Nick and Norah, now that I really stop and think about it, I do remember that I was thoroughly entertained by Lethario, and I really don't know why...

• 2 months later...

The movie was okay but did anyone feel slightly uncomfortable during some of the sections?

I mean, when the skinny girl was dancing especially, I just felt embarassed for her. She looks about thirteen and is skinny as hell. It's not sexy, it's slightly paedo. I suppose this may be because the movie assumes young teens will be the ones seeing the movie. Still, it was very strange in places. Michael Cera takes her to the studio and they just decide to have sex? What is that telling young girls? Just fuck a guy if you like him enough?

And why the fuck does it matter if she's never had an orgasm? It is a normal thing for lots of women. Unfortunate, but why is it a big deal? She is (continuity-wise) still in high school so soesn't she hypothetically have lots of time for that?

Maybe it was just that I saw a couple of parents bring in their eight, nine, ten and eleven year old kids to see the movie. What are these kids getting from this movie? Also, why the fuck didn't the parents check it out to make sure there wasn't anything they didn't want their kids to see? Ugh, it makes me mad.

Please tell me I'm not alone.