Apparently I'm Going to Glastonbury?

K

So yeah...

I'm not really a Glastonbury person. I remember a few years ago the day after tickets went on sale, a guy came into work furious at how long he spent on the phone and the internet, he and all his friends mashing F5 trying to get through, and never managing it. I thought that was a lot of fucking effort for a festival and never thought about glastonbury again.

Couple weeks ago, for no real reason I signed up on the glastonbury website. Figured I'd never be able to get tickets so it didn't really matter. They requested a passport picture of me. I couldn't be arsed to run down the train station and get one, so I took it myself in front of a white wall in my bathroom and cropped it. (ha ha suckers). Didn't really think of it again until saturday night when I got an email from Seetickets that said ', Your picture is fine Oh, btw glastonbury tickets on sale tomorrow at 9.00'

Happened to get up at about 8:30ish. Logged onto See, tickets were already on sale. I blitzed through in about thirty seconds and got a ticket.

Easiest tickets I've ever bought. No effort required at all.

So yeah. I'm going to Glastonbury.

Anyone else going? Anyone been before? I know absolutely nothing about it, except 'mud'.

I did three proper festivals this year, I want to do four in 09.

From Wiki..

Rumoured to be playing are Foo Fighters, Coldplay and non headlining acts such as The Ting Tings & Scouting for Girls. Oasis have self confirmed to play the festival. Led Zeppelin have also been rumoured

heh.

From Wiki..

Rumoured to be playing are Foo Fighters, Coldplay and non headlining acts such as The Ting Tings & Scouting for Girls. Oasis have self confirmed to play the festival. Led Zeppelin have also been rumoured

heh.

The Foo Fighters have just started a hiatus. It won't be them.

Without meaning to lower the mood, what will you do if the line-up is complete tosh? Just go for the experience?

Thats pretty impossible with Glastonbury, there's far too many bands, comedians and all other sorts of weird shitgoing on.

Failing that, drink and legal/illegal drugs?

Without meaning to lower the mood, what will you do if the line-up is complete tosh? Just go for the experience?

I heard that Kanye West is a strong rumour for a headline spot.

I did reading this year and only saw bands on the sunday.

I was drunk or hungover the rest of the time.

I worked Glasto security this year, i'll imagine you will have a good time K. It's a huge site, something like 13 miles around the perimeter and there are plenty of places to visit and so many different types of places at that. It was good weather this year which helpedthis, although it did rain for about half a day and the place was a muddy mess - which ain't my cup of tea personally. I think 50 Cent actually went down rather well at this years Glasto so i wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Kanye West being the headliner next year.

Yeah if I wasn't working 12 hour nightshifts im sure I would have had a much better time myself, the party doesn't seem to really stop either at Glasto which is cool. I was working down at the Shangrila (or however you spell it) right in one corner of the site and that place had live acts going on till around 6am most days. I got a free drink off a punter also, it was nice walking back to camp at 8am with a triple gin and tonic :P