:( - My PS3 is dying

Baddar

It appears my PS3 is either;

A) Broke

or

B) On its way out.

And I blame Fifa 09.

Some of you might've read the crash issues I've been having with Fifa over the last few days (although other PS3/360 users have once again said Fifa crashes randomly) and today I decided to try it again. All seemed fine for 10 minutes or so, until I went to play a manager mode game. I pressed X to start the match, but the screen just went black. Upon pressing the PS button to quit the game, it'd say please wait for a moment, then stay on a black screen, meaning I had to switch the PS3 off from the back to get it to load up again.

After I did that, I tried loading up GTA and Burnout. Both discs didn't auto load and when I checked on the game logo, it wasn't reading a disk. So, I turned it off/back on once more. This time, they decided to load, but when I quit game, I'm in the same boat as what happened with Fifa; The black screen.

I'm not sure if other games will just crash on me minutes in, like Fifa did. But either way I'm not happy with it, and seeing as I'm just under a year into the two year warranty, I'll be taking the PS3 (60GB, with PS2 playback) back to Game.

A couple of questions though;

I got Resistance/Heavenly Sword with it as a package. What exactly do I have to return? The two games and controller as well or just the system?

Also, if I do have to have a new PS3, what will it be replaced with, seeing as the 60GB playback ones aren't available (to my knowledge) any more?

And finally, when I get that new PS3, is there any way I can use the PSN that I have already, or will a new one have to be created from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BD

lol, baddar.

I think it'll just be the system which you need to return, though I have no idea what it'll be replaced with. Also, you can keep your current PSN, just sign in with the e-mail address and password you used to set the account up, and everything will be transferred over, minus demos and such.

This is why you buy a 360. Fifa never crashes on it ^_^

Unless you're some of the guys on the Fifa forums. There seems to be just as many 360 (if not more) problems with crashes than PS3.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09...osoft-xbox-360/

Lucky I'm not one of the guys on the Fifa forums then.

Well then it's case by case, isn't it. Fifa never crashes on your 360, so why would I decide to buy one on that basis. Unless of course, I was buying your 360. :shifty:

I'm right though. ¬_¬

Problem is solved, sort of. I'll be taking it back Monday morning and presumably getting an 80GB PS3 in return, that doesn't have the SD card slots, PS2 compat and the other 2 USB slots that mine has.

Does anyone know if I can just put the pics from my digital camera onto my MP3 player and put them on that way?

This is why you buy a 360. Fifa never crashes on it ^_^

You just have to worry about the whole system crashing...multiple times.

And the Xbox problem is so widespread it actually has a name.

Phil, you should jsut be able to buy a cheap USB card reader and plug that into the USB slot.

Which is another thing, I've been wondering, could you say buy a USB hub thing [EXMAPLE] and get more slots? And similiary plug in an external hard drive and use that too?

I got Resistance/Heavenly Sword with it as a package. What exactly do I have to return? The two games and controller as well or just the system?

You only have to return the system, but I suggest returning the controller as well. Having a shiny new controller really can't hurt. The 2 games wouldn't have been covered under the warranty as they're not a part of the system itself.

Also, if I do have to have a new PS3, what will it be replaced with, seeing as the 60GB playback ones aren't available (to my knowledge) any more?

When mine died, EBGames replaced it with another 60GB SKU. I presume it was another one that someone else had returned and EB had fixed. Don't know if it would be the same case for you though.

And finally, when I get that new PS3, is there any way I can use the PSN that I have already, or will a new one have to be created from scratch?

Like someone else said, just sign-in again using the e-mail and password you originally had.

Also, have you tried backing up all your saves and the like and formatting the PS3. Might save you a bit of trouble, on the other hand though, it might do nothing.