Roman going bust?

Matt

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...club/article.do

Highly unlikely of course, but I'd love to see Chelski "do a Leeds" if this trend continues, not so much the Hammers or Arsenal though. Probably very hyperbolic but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for teams trying to buy success.

*Insert all your Leeds/Ridsdale hate here*

I know him and Usmanov had shares in Micex it would appeared, and obviously... Gudmun...Gudmun...err, Bjo...Bjorg... the West Ham chairman has money in the Icelandic banks which have been ruined - but the economic crisis is world wide to be fair, so a lot of clubs are still going to suffer regardless. And like Gazz said, Abramovich still has more money than most regardless.

I highly doubt Chelsea will be "doing a Leeds" or - y'know, ruining their finances and becoming shit - anytime soon.

Not to mention Arsenal's debt runs from their stadium which will, barring half of North London getting obliterated by a bomb, continue to draw in a profit thus making the debt they hold sustainable. As far as the basis for making profit goes, it's clubs like Everton, Portsmouth, West Ham and the likes who'll find it harder due to the amount of work they have to do to get the club running up to a higher standard. I would include Tottenham, but they do exceptionally well in turning a profit, so they haven't got it as bad.

*Insert all your Ridsdale hate here*

Ridsdales a cunt, his wifes a slag :shifty:

As a Leeds fan I tend to have a bit of sympathy for teams going down the crapper (like Rotherham), however if any of the big four, Spurs or Newcastle went the way of us, nothing would make me happier. If anything Newcastle are the ones who should be most worried, they remind me of us when we got relegated from the Premiership

No, Viduka...

I think most clubs will be fine, i'd assume most clubs turned a profit (barring transfers). Leeds was more a case of stupid spending than financial meltdown.

It was spending money the club couldn't recoup. If Abrahmovic's wealth was to dwindle away (nigh on impossible, I concede) Chelsea would be in the same boat.

Most Premiership clubs would be running at a loss if they were relegated to the Championship, if Newcastle fell that way, I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see them in a similar to position to where Leeds are now.