Star Wars: The Old Republic

Guest strongarm85

I love it too still, I just have no time to play it right now except for Mondays whilst Raw is also on. Next month I imagine I'll probably be dedicating more time to it.

Is all of EWB on a server? And is it the Jedi side y'all are on? I'm only on Banon for a friend who lives in this building but if there's an EWB server and I can do a lightside run on that..

Also being a dick is amazing. This is the first game where I've really felt like choosing dark side/asshole options make sense due to my bounty hunter nature.

I have three level 50s on Mask of Nihilus - a Shadow, Sorcerer, and a Guardian - but I mostly play on Dalborra now. 15ms ping vs 150ms ping is hard to pass up.

So I now also have a level 50 Commando and a level 46 Operative >_>

I played Inquisitor to level 30 and it's pretty cool story-wise, though I found Lightning spec boring as hell to play, and it didn't feel right healing with my dastardly sith.

Everyone seems to say that SIth Warrior is the best of the stories. I've played a bit of it and it seems alright so far, but playing my Consular at the minute.

I played Inquisitor to level 30 and it's pretty cool story-wise, though I found Lightning spec boring as hell to play, and it didn't feel right healing with my dastardly sith.

Blasphemy. Lightning spec is kickass. Chain Lightning, Thundering Blast and Force Storm are all kinds of fantastic.

Although Storm has lost its position as my favourite AOE to my Operative's Orbital Strike. :P

It started fun - and I really enjoyed the story. Zash is awesome. But I got bored with it, though to be fair that's probably more to do with how long I spent playing mage in WoW... I just don't enjoy caster dos anymore.

Enjoying healing on my consular at the moment though, and gonna start either a smuggler or bounty hunter methinks. Any one of those better than the other ?

Depends. You a Han Solo or Bobs Fett kind of guy?

Also in answer to Apsham's question earlier about Warrior or Inquisitor, I haven't played a Warrior yet but the Inquisitor act finales - especially Act 3 - are the most amazing of all the classes I've played. Playing as an Inquisitor you really embody the idea of power, and you really see it in a few cutscenes, but especially the finale.

GoGo, you play Arcade much these days or are you on your Inquisitor? Or another character altogether?

My first toon is a Bounty Hunter and it's pretty damn fun, but I really like the Smuggler's cover system. I tried it out for a bit and I'll probably come back to it later.

I figured out where the classes paralell and it works out great for me, as all four characters that I want to play don't have paralells for instance - on the Sith side I'm playing the Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter and when I play on the Jedi side I'll want to play as the Jedi Knight and Smuggler so I'll be able to experience all of the gameplay forms. Huzzah!

And yeah, I really love the Inquisitor. AC to Assassin last night and I feel like it took me HALF the time to get to level ten than it did when I was maining the Bounty Hunter.

• 2 weeks later...

Sith Inquisitor.

Awesome.

I have a kickass mask now.

And I'm on Tattooine.

And I have a speeder bike.

So basically what you're saying is you're a less stupid-looking Darth Maul. Cool.

Sith Inquisitor.

Awesome.

And I'm on Tattooine.

Kallig's Countenance? That one's not a bad mask, if you like showing your headgear.

I'm also on Tatooine, with my Gunslinger. Nearly done with the main quests, then I'll just have the bonus series to do and then it's off to Alderaan.

Sith Inquisitor.

Awesome.

And I'm on Tattooine.

So basically what you're saying is you're a less stupid-looking Darth Maul. Cool.

...yeah basically. The story is awesome, I never expected this much out of the game in reality, but I have genuinely enjoyed the storyline on each planet that I have been on so far. The good/bad options, although not really all that long term do feel specifically good or evil - which is a huge bonus in my book. I've found myself biting my tounge while taking lightside points at times that are few and far between.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently this is free to play for players who left this week. Just a heads up.

Mandalorian goddamn Raiders! :angry:

On another note, is anyone else still playing this or is it just me? Got four 50s on Dalborra now - a Commando healer, an Operative healer, a Gunslinger and a DPS Juggernaut (that's also a Twi'lek; I love the Legacy species system). I've also recently gotten into doing Operations with guildmates. As a result my Operative is pretty much fully Columi geared (which is, like, tier 2 raid gear) and my Gunslinger's got some Columi stuff and some Tionese (tier 1), but I want to get him into more Columi.

From my Operations runs, I can conclude that Soa is a gigantic asshole. Hate that boss fight.

I've also rolled another Shadow, but playing as a tank this time. She's level 38 and on Balmorra, and I'm reminded of how awesome it is being a tank with a healer companion, and being nigh unstoppable. :D