Gamertag - Giorgos-9-

Superstar - JBL

rvdwannabe

Console - PS3

Gamertag - rvdwannabe

Superstar - Finlay

-----------------------

Initial post within:

Okay, so I know we try it every year and we never make it out of the first round, but almost everyone has a next-gen system by now and SvR 09 is actually a pretty good game, so let's make this thing work this year! Please? So I've concocted a plan to include everyone under one umbrella, regardless of console, but obviously it'll be a hard brand split between 360 users and PS3 users. What I'm hoping for is that one of our fine PS3-owning mods will join me in regulating the black brand while I work with the green brand.

Before we begin, I need to make sure there's enough interest for this and how we should go about doing it. CAWs or no CAWs this year? With the new restrictions, I'm inclined to give a thumbs up to CAWs, but I know it'll probably take some time for everyone to build up their stats. I just made my first guy yesterday and haven't done anything to build him up yet. Also, since Create-a-Belt is inexplicably absent this year, we can't have an official EWB Title in game, but we'll have to just use good ol' fashion imagination to crown the EWB Champion and EWB Tag Team Champions.

So give me your thoughts, your ideas and whether or not you want to give this another try (and stick with it!), I think we could have a lot of fun with this if we get all the details fleshed out, so let me know.

My only rule for this is "Don't be a dick." I think people should be allowed to use their CAWs and CAFs, but the minute someone's Super Heavyweight Luchador spams the Spike Dudley headbutt to the gut and then hits their CAF consisting of 10 kicks to the balls, you will not be playing anymore. The point of this league is to have fun and not deal with 13 year olds with too much time on their hands and their 99 OVR Dragon Ball Z CAWs that normally pollute SvR's online play.

So consider sign-ups officially open.

Edited by Zero

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a half dozen or so matches with my CAW and he's still only 40 something so I think it'll take too long into the league for everyone to get to a respectable level, but I don't have any particular problems against it if people want to use them.

If we wait until Christmas, everyone's going to forget about it. If you get the game at Christmas, we'll certainly accommodate your late arrival.

And yeah Avenged, I'm operating under the idea that everyone will get one wrestler, we'll figure all that out once it looks like we have enough people to play.

If we wait until Christmas, everyone's going to forget about it. If you get the game at Christmas, we'll certainly accommodate your late arrival.

And yeah Avenged, I'm operating under the idea that everyone will get one wrestler, we'll figure all that out once it looks like we have enough people to play.

I already have the game, it's a Wireless Cable Modem I don't have.

Haha, well, I'm in for the PS3 side. I say just keep real wrestlers. It would prevent the always brought up, well he has more stats then me, argument...Shot-Gun on Brian Kendrick

Oh and what about created Finishers? Shouldn't we distinguish a rule on this?

Edited by Nevermore_Nightmare

Haha, well, I'm in for the PS3 side. I say just keep real wrestlers. It would prevent the always brought up, well he has more stats then me, argument...Shot-Gun on Brian Kendrick

Oh and what about created Finishers? Shouldn't we distinguish a rule on this?

Yeah, because all the real wrestlers have identical stats this year. :rolleyes:

My only rule for this is "Don't be a dick." I think people should be allowed to use their CAWs and CAFs, but the minute someone's Super Heavyweight Luchador spams the Spike Dudley headbutt to the gut and then hits their CAF consisting of 10 kicks to the balls, you will not be playing anymore. The point of this league is to have fun and not deal with 13 year olds with too much time on their hands and their 99 OVR Dragon Ball Z CAWs that normally pollute SvR's online play.

So consider sign-ups officially open. Please format it like I will so I can easily edit the initial post with little hassle. If you're going to use a CAW, please make a note of it. If you want to go with a regular wrestler right now and switch to a CAW once you have him built up, that's fine too. I'll go first:

Zero

Console - Xbox 360

Gamertag - SugaRazor

Superstar - Chris Jericho

Edited by Zero