Twilight *Spoilers Inside*

The Mask of Norro

I got maybe a third of the way through the first book after some recommendations, and just no...No. It's like a poorly written fanfic thing for goth teen girls. I don't get all the hype.

I think in later books when the vampire shit gets too boring, there's a werewolf that comes and steals Renaissor's (or whatever main chicks real name is) affections too. Even more No.

Edited by Phoenix J. Wright

Yep, there's a fucking werewolf.

=/

We've sold around $800 worth of stuff since I started my shift at 11:00 (first customer probably at 12:30 or 1:00), and I can guarantee about $625-$700 is Twilight shit. I don't just say 'shit' as in stuff, either. It's absolutely insane. We're out of stock of ALL shirts. I started the day with probably ten or so of the 'Edward' shirts, and there's two other ones that were already completely sold out. I know too much about this shit from working here and it's absolutely ridiculous. So, approximately six hours and probably $650 worth of Twilight stuff sold. I just do not understand it, man, It's mostly all posters, too, since we ran out of stock of shirts rather quickly. Just now I finished a continuous half-hour of ONLY selling posters. There was a fucking LINE UP. This store never has line ups.

Edited by Will.

I took my daughter to see it this afternoon. Not bad at all. Honestly as a film it was fine. 7.5/10 to be honest. Pretty good acting and the whole nine yards. The glitter thing is kind of silly and retarded, but I also have to remember this was designed for girls not grown men. Much like all of you have to remember that while it is so fucking awesome to sit on a message boar dominated by males and trash it, it wasn't written or filmed for you or with you in mind. However if you got over it and got dragged to see it, ala Norro or myself, and you go in with an open mind and don't WANT to hate it then it's not bad at all. Put it this way, since this thing is going to be a humongous hit and spawn sequels obviously I would go see the next film in the franchise without hesitation based upon the acting, script, and directing of this one.

Exactly. The movie wasn't bad. I'm not saying go get the book, the reviews for it that I've heard were universally bad, but the movie wasn't bad at all, and this is coming from a guy and his fiancee who both just plain did not want to go see the damn thing, and wound up enjoying it anyway.

I honestly don't care too much myself about the books, or what happens later in the series... this isn't something I myself will get obsessed over, but when there's a sequel, as Teej said, chances are we'll go see it. The movie was not bad at all, it had it's stupid parts, but many movies do.

And sorry about not marking the spoilers for this, knew I forgot something :(

Look at this shit:

Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though of course he didn't sleep. A perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal.

The thought of the person who wrote that getting rich makes my hair hurt and my liver long for death. Why my liver? I DON'T KNOW! I don't care that I'm being pig-headed, stubborn, call it what you will, it's just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh RAGE

Look at this shit:

Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though of course he didn't sleep. A perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal.

The thought of the person who wrote that getting rich makes my hair hurt and my liver long for death. Why my liver? I DON'T KNOW! I don't care that I'm being pig-headed, stubborn, call it what you will, it's just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh RAGE

I've read far worse by supposedly "talented" authors. Just saying.

In my case, we saw a 10:15PM showing... lots of people there actually. Sure, there were quite a few teenagers, but they were both guys and chicks, and then there were some late teens/young adults there as well as some adults... actually, come to think of it, there weren't many fat people in the theater we were in. It was just a mixed bag of people.

Funnily enough my mother apparently wants to see this flick now, too... looks interesting to her. I'll probably recommend it to her, since when we left for it I was saying that it was probably not going to be that great.