Hacking, glitching and so on

PkmnTrainerJ

Does it annoy you when people use cheating devices on their games? Or exploit glitches to gain extra things or cheat?

I don't mind cheat codes and all that when you're playing solo. Perfectly fine to do something like stick on flying cars, full wanted level and crazy pedestrians on GTA when it's just you. When you're playing online however, is when that stuff should end.

I do get pissed off when someone's hiding in a glitchy wall on Call Of Duty and shoots me in the head, or if I come up against a team full of rare shiny Pokémon in the battle tower.

Opinions etc.

Does it annoy you when people use cheating devices on their games? Or exploit glitches to gain extra things or cheat?

I don't mind cheat codes and all that when you're playing solo. Perfectly fine to do something like stick on flying cars, full wanted level and crazy pedestrians on GTA when it's just you. When you're playing online however, is when that stuff should end.

I do get pissed off when someone's hiding in a glitchy wall on Call Of Duty and shoots me in the head, or if I come up against a team full of rare shiny Pokémon in the battle tower.

Opinions etc.

Hypocrite, you clone those same Pokémon yourself :angry:

Opinions etc.

I clone them, and distribute them, but don't use them in online play. I don't use any cheating devices to obtain them either.

It really annoys me when people use glitches in online games to win. I really don't understand people who do that.

So you got a perfect score because you win everything using a flaw in the design of the game, whoopdi fucking doo. You're only kidding yourself because anyone who plays you will get pissed off and never play you again because they think you are a dick (whether you are one or not)

Edit: happened to stumble upon this site a few days back and I think it sums it up nicely

In theory, games are made so that, through a series of increasingly difficult mental and/or reflexive challenges, a human being interacting with the game’s interface can learn how to effectively manipulate it, then use that knowledge to accomplish objectives laid out by the designers and trigger the release of endorphins in the brain. This effect is known as “fun,” and it can also be achieved through sexual stimulation or narcotics use, although those methods don’t feature nearly as many laser rifles.

At some point, a faction of gamers who actually un-ironically call themselves “hardcore” forgot all of that definition except the word “objectives,” and decided to treat video games like second jobs. They work at the game with grim, humorless dedication until they discover “the best way to win,” which is invariably to exploit a balance issue or design flaw, then they do that. Over and over and over again.

Their belief is that, by learning a rote mechanical action and having the endurance to repeat it without soiling themselves, they have become “skilled” at the game. And they are skilled; just like a robotic arm designed to punch a square out of a sheet of aluminum is skilled at that task. So yay for them!

link

Edited by Animal

I don't really like playing online unless its someone from forum's I go on or mates. Just too many people who only care about their score as such rather than having a fun match. Wether using one same method or through hacking.

In FIFA the other day I was playing someone who would routinely pause and leave it for the full 40 seconds hoping I would just quit so he could get the win. It was bittersweet in the end though seeing as I won on penalties with me rattling the bar before it bouncing off the back of Cech and in to the back of the net. :D

Edited by Captain Kirk

With multiplayer games, there definitely seem to be different degrees of annoyance I experience with cheaters. Anything which involves going out of the map or getting bugged weapons is really fucking bad. Something like the weapon slide or the button combos in Halo 2 are a bit more acceptable because they're similar to features you might find in a game and take skill to get practice.

Opinions etc.

I clone them, and distribute them, but don't use them in online play. I don't use any cheating devices to obtain them either.

And do you think none of them end up in online play?

I blame any Xbox game that has the "win X games in a row" achievement. It just means players are forced to be cheap as hell just so they don't lose and have to repeat the whole process again.

Then again I only seem to go on Xbox Live with mates now so most of the games I used to play might be fixed by now... still hasn't put me off them.

it's annoying when you want to have a proper game against other people and you think...your only getting the kills in a glitch because your too crap to get them without glitching.

The only time i glitch is if me and my mates have private games and are messing about thats it. Also i feel if you hack or glitch to get achievements or whatever your kinda sad