Golden Globe Awards

TheReaper316

Glad Heath Ledger won for the Dark Knight, I think he really deserved it regardless of his death. I didnt care for anything in Best Comedy/Musical Picture, but Barcellona just won. Im really hoping to see Mickey Rourke pick up the best actor in drama award. 30 rock just won best actor/actress/TV comedy, which is good. Springsteen deserved the best song, if not him Eastwood's song was good too. Anna PAquin for True Blood was another win I was glad to see.

Im really disappointed that Gran Torino isnt getting nominations anywhere, its probably the best film I saw all year.

Here our my picks. Lets pick our choices?

Drama: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "Frost/Nixon," "The Reader," "Revolutionary Road" and "Slumdog Millionaire."

Comedy or musical: "Burn After Reading," "Happy-Go-Lucky," "In Bruges," "Mamma Mia!" and "Vicky Cristina Barcelona."

Director: Danny Boyle ("Slumdog Millionaire"), Stephen Daldry ("The Reader"), David Fincher ("The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"), Ron Howard ("Frost/Nixon") and Sam Mendes ("Revolutionary Road").

Actor in a drama: Leonardo DiCaprio ("Revolutionary Road"), Frank Langella ("Frost/Nixon"), Sean Penn ("Milk"), Brad Pitt ("The Curious Case of Benjamin Button") and Mickey Rourke ("The Wrestler").

Actress in a drama: Anne Hathaway ("Rachel Getting Married"), Angelina Jolie ("Changeling"), Meryl Streep ("Doubt"), Kristin Scott Thomas ("I've Loved You Too Long") and Kate Winslet ("Revolutionary Road").

Actor in a comedy or musical: Javier Bardem ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona"), Colin Farrell ("In Bruges"), James Franco ("Pineapple Express"), Brendan Gleeson ("In Bruges") and Dustin Hoffman ("Last Chance Harvey").

Actress in a comedy or musical: Rebecca Hall ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona"), Sally Hawkins ("Happy-Go-Lucky"), Frances McDormand ("Burn After Reading"), Meryl Streep ("Mamma Mia!") and Emma Thompson ("Last Chance Harvey").

Supporting actor: Tom Cruise ("Tropic Thunder"), Robert Downey Jr. ("Tropic Thunder"), Ralph Fiennes ("The Duchess"), Philip Seymour Hoffman ("Doubt") and Heath Ledger ("The Dark Knight").

Supporting actress: Amy Adams ("Doubt"), Penelope Cruz ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona"), Viola Davis ("Doubt"), Marisa Tomei ("The Wrestler") and Kate Winslet ("The Reader").

Animated film: "Bolt," "Kung Fu Panda" and "Wall-E."

Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy ("Slumdog Millionaire"), David Hare ("The Reader"), Peter Morgan ("Frost/Nixon"), Eric Roth ("The Curious Case of Benjamin Button") and John Patrick Shanley ("Doubt").

Foreign-language film: "Gomorrah," "I've Loved You So Long," "Waltz with Bashir," "The Baader Meinhof Complex,: and "Everlasting Moments."

Original score: James Newton Howard ("Defiance"), Alexandre Desplat ("The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"), A. R. Rahman ("Slumdog Millionaire"), Hans Zimmer ("Frost/Nixon") and Clint Eastwood ("Changeling").

Original song: "Down to Earth" from "Wall-E," "Gran Torino" from "Gran Torino," "I Thought I'd Lost You" from "Bolt," "Once in a Lifetime" from "Cadillac Records" and "The Wrestler" from "The Wrestler."

Television

Best TV comedy series: "30 Rock," "Californication," "Entourage," "The Office" and "Weeds."

Best TV drama series: "Dexter," "House," "In Treatment," "Mad Men" and "True Blood

ROURKE WINS! That makes everything right.

Edited by TheReaper316

I'm really dissapointed with the fact that Benjam,in Button got nothing... Haven't seen The Wrestler yet but I was really rooting for Brad Pitt though. That film was simply amazing.

Another one I thougbht was too bad was¨Pitt not getting a supporting nom for his role in Burn After Reading, which was one of his best roles, certainly highligt of the film. But Heath deserved the win, regardless of the situation. And it is a shame that Frances McDormand didn't leave with the win either.

Haven't seem Slumdog Millionaire, nor do I want to, so too much love to them as far as I'm concerned.

Haven't seem Slumdog Millionaire, nor do I want to, so too much love to them as far as I'm concerned.

That's a shame, it really is one of the best movies of the year.

If you haven't seen it and you don't want to see it, how do you know it was too much?

If you haven't seen it and you don't want to see it, how do you know it was too much?

Yeah, AR really has no grounds to complain about Millionaire.

Honestly, I have no interest in that film either, but I can't argue against something that I haven't seen.

I am, however, a little bit disappointed that there wasn't even a single nomination for Repo! the Genetic Opera. One of the most unique films of the year, and I didn't see it represented anywhere.

Honestly, I have no interest in that film either, but I can't argue against something that I haven't seen.

I am, however, a little bit disappointed that there wasn't even a single nomination for Repo! the Genetic Opera. One of the most unique films of the year, and I didn't see it represented anywhere.

I agree with this statement based on the grounds that it had Anthony Head and therefore could not go wrong.

Is there any news on any kind of DVD release of this? Has it been released and I missed it entirley? I've been interested for a while now. :(

I am however very glad that Farrell picked up the Globe for Best Actor for a Comedy or Musical. That man is a personal idol of mine and I loved every second of In Bruges.

EDIT: A certain little birdie that lives on a bay filled with Pirates has informed me where I can get hold of a copy. :shifty:

Edited by Triple TKz

I agree with this statement based on the grounds that it had Anthony Head and therefore could not go wrong.

Is there any news on any kind of DVD release of this? Has it been released and I missed it entirley? I've been interested for a while now. :(

I am however very glad that Farrell picked up the Globe for Best Actor for a Comedy or Musical. That man is a personal idol of mine and I loved every second of In Bruges.

EDIT: A certain little birdie that lives on a bay filled with Pirates has informed me where I can get hold of a copy. :shifty:

DVD release date is the 20th of this month. The extended soundtrack should also be released on that date.

If you're a fan of the movie in any way, shape or form, you'll purchase one or both of them. Not because stealing movies is bad, but because the movie cost them $8.5 million to make, and because of Lionsgate's hesitance to properly promote the film or give it a proper theatrical run, it has only grossed less than $200,000 thus far.

That is, admittedly, a small number in comparison to the cost of the film, but taking into account how many theatres actually showed it, the Per Theatre number is amazing.

There's a lot of stuff that didn't make the final cut of the film for whatever reason, but only four deleted scenes will be on the DVD release. If they can turn this into a financial success, a Special Edition DVD with everything missing should be released at some point in the future.

It's a shame how this movie's being treated... Darren Bousman saved that studio's ass... he did for them what Freddy Krueger did for New Line in the 80's, and they go and treat him like this. It's disgusting.

DVD release date is the 20th of this month. The extended soundtrack should also be released on that date.

If you're a fan of the movie in any way, shape or form, you'll purchase one or both of them. Not because stealing movies is bad, but because the movie cost them $8.5 million to make, and because of Lionsgate's hesitance to properly promote the film or give it a proper theatrical run, it has only grossed less than $200,000 thus far.

That is, admittedly, a small number in comparison to the cost of the film, but taking into account how many theatres actually showed it, the Per Theatre number is amazing.

There's a lot of stuff that didn't make the final cut of the film for whatever reason, but only four deleted scenes will be on the DVD release. If they can turn this into a financial success, a Special Edition DVD with everything missing should be released at some point in the future.

It's a shame how this movie's being treated... Darren Bousman saved that studio's ass... he did for them what Freddy Krueger did for New Line in the 80's, and they go and treat him like this. It's disgusting.

Oh, I have no doubt in my mind that it is likely a good film (it must be!), nor am I camplaining, so to speak, that it won. I'm just disapointed (I guess) that the films I've seen, enjoyed and am interested in seeing lost out to a film I haven't seen and do not want to. That's all.

Hopefully the Oscars will be a different story.... ;)

Anna Paquin winning for True Blood made it the best awards show ever. Seriously, watch the show... and if you missed the first season, buy it on DVD in May.

Rourke winning is fantastic news as well, but also not surprising in the slightest.

Slumdog definately deserves everything it's getting, I just dont want to see it sweep EVERY big award this season. I hate when one movie takes virtually everything.

I didnt want to see Slumdog, had no interest in it, but it was well worth the time watching it. Dont slumdog it, give it a chance. harhar

My only disappointment was that NPH, House, and Dexter lost to Gabriel Byrne on a show that's probably not as good (or with as strong a leading performance) as those three. And because frankly I'm biased towards Dexter and towards HIMYM.

But wow, what a fun show. I was stunned that Rogen and Sacha Baron Cohen were painfully unfunny, but it was saved by Ricky Gervais being typical awesome, Colin Farrell making up for about seven bad movies in all of two minutes, and Rourke winning and immediately saying that Downey's better at this thing than he is. Also, Winslet winning is long overdue, and it's not like Anne freakin' Hathaway is starving for awards attention in the new year. Winslet deserved it for Eternal Sunshine, but might as well give it to what looks like similarly awesome roles. And I was impressed by the fact that there are all of two things in the Reader clip, that being a man getting out of a bath and Winslet passionately hugging him, and yet it looked amazing. That's the sign of a great filmmaker and a great scene.