Lord of the Rings:Conquest

Kyle_

I had fun playing the demo but I doubt I'll get it. Like the guy above me said it gets a little annoying when you keep getting killed with a single slash.

Also the LotR nerd in me is a little displeased as: Good side archers are hobbits... they should be elves and there is too much magic for a LotR universe.

This has been on my to-buy list for ages but seeing how I just splashed out on Rock Band and my brother is getting it anyway I'll just borrow his copy.

Never been a big fan of games that involve either close combat or combo button pressing but I'm sure it being a LOTR game will get me into the genre. The demo won't be a shade on the real thing so can't wait to give it a go.

I had fun playing the demo but I doubt I'll get it. Like the guy above me said it gets a little annoying when you keep getting killed with a single slash.

Also the LotR nerd in me is a little displeased as: Good side archers are hobbits... they should be elves and there is too much magic for a LotR universe.

They are different on different maps.

I downloaded and played the demo last night and wow, fun.

The single player mode was a bit dull just because it felt like Battlefront rules for the old PS2 LOTR games, but then I enjoyed Battlefront's story mode because I played through it with a mate and I like the old PS2 games, so I imagine split screen would be more fun.

Multiplayer online was brilliant, but I did notice people spammed the Archer class a fair bit on certain maps. For instance, the most fun I've had was playing Minas Tirith, where the bad side (me) managed to get a troll and the good site got an Ent, which resulted in an epic battle. But on the Shire map, I found that the game was more in the good sides favour due to the map, which is something that I hate with capture the flag style games. Also whenever you ride something (Warg) their not only very slow, but they can't really touch any building sides or anything, making them a bit pointless, but meh. I'll probally purchase the game for the online capabilities and split screen.

The only thing I wasn't huge on in game was the fact that the massive monster classes can heal? Meaning that when our Troll died, it was pretty much impossible to defeat the Ent because of how little damage it took and how much health is had and could restore. We still kicked their asses, but that's beside the point.

I wasn't playing as the Troll (though I can see how you'd think that from how I worded it) but if it's anything like Battlefront 2's Heroes (Which I think it is) I'd assume you earn the right to play as a 'Hero' class once you've killed a certain amount of enemies. Then again I'm still not totally sure because I remember there was someone that was a Ring Wraith on the map who should made everyone his puppy dog bitch, but instead was stupid enough to run alone into a camp full of enemies and their ent. :| I was not amused. Though it's entirley possible their were two heroes on that map.

Also, fuck PS3 games being like £39/£49. I need a god damn job. :(

I just saw an awesome fight between a troll and an ent. I was a mage watching on. The Ent got battered.

The trolls and ents are more like Vehicles, when you spawn on the Minas tirith map for the evil if you look to your right, there is sometimes a troll as if it is crawled into a ball, (thats if your team mates havent jumped in yet) run up to that and Press Y/ Triangle i believe and you jump into being a troll/ent.

Having played more of the demo last night (I really need to get this game, online is so much fun.) I decided to read a review of it, by Gamespot. It gave it 6.5/10 which I suppose is fair considering it's not really anything new and exciting so much as it's good fun using tried and tested gameplay from the PS2 games and Battlefront.

Main reason I'm posting is to tell y'all this:

"When a team reaches a certain percentage of points needed for victory, the top-scoring player will be offered the opportunity to spawn as a hero."

That's how you get a hero. :) Seems kinda lame compared to the Battlefront method of killing enough players, but I suppose this lends itself to online games in such that your bound to have your best (or luckiest) player controlling the most powerful Hero avaliable to you.

You get 10 points per kill and 100 points for capturing "territory" or whatever you want to call it. Game modes include Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Ring, and Hero Team Deathmatch.

Haven't got the game yet as I have no money, but I did go 34-2 last night in a game.

• 2 weeks later...