Rambo 5

ZJ Penn

Did a quick search and couldn't see this anywhere so here it is, stolen straight from 411mania.com:

Sylvester Stallone has been telling Extra TV that he is looking to do a 5th Rambo movie. When asked about the project, Stallone stated…

"Yeah, we are doing another Rambo, but the conflict is whether to do it in America or a foreign country."

Stallone has signed a deal with Nu Image and Millennium for two new action films, which may be for another Rambo film, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Stallone is currently 62 years old, and is working on The Expendables , in which he will star and direct. That film will be out in 2010, which means Stallone could be nearing 64 years old before he gets around to the 5th Rambo film.

What's peoples thoughts on this? I've still got IV lying around somewhere that I haven't watched, but apparently that was a decent film.

Did a quick search and couldn't see this anywhere so here it is, stolen straight from 411mania.com:

Sylvester Stallone has been telling Extra TV that he is looking to do a 5th Rambo movie. When asked about the project, Stallone stated…

"Yeah, we are doing another Rambo, but the conflict is whether to do it in America or a foreign country."

Stallone has signed a deal with Nu Image and Millennium for two new action films, which may be for another Rambo film, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Stallone is currently 62 years old, and is working on The Expendables , in which he will star and direct. That film will be out in 2010, which means Stallone could be nearing 64 years old before he gets around to the 5th Rambo film.

What's peoples thoughts on this? I've still got IV lying around somewhere that I haven't watched, but apparently that was a decent film.

Rambo was a pretty awesome action film. I would recommend it to anyone that likes explosions, blood and lots of flying body parts. It was better then I thought it would be.

Eh, Rambo is what it is. I've still got an old t-shirt from my childhood that I need to find again. The newest movie was ridiculous, and gory, and mindless fun. If they stick to this formula then it'll be worth watching. In theatres? Maybe not, but still worth watching.

Edited by Will's a lumberjack.

Good news. Hopefully Stallone ties up the character with one final film. A lot of people forget about First Blood, and they only remember the parody of sorts that Rambo has become. I'd like to see the character really get some time before ending the series on a (bloody) high note.

The last Rambo movie was the most pleasing movie theater experience I've had in years. I went into the film expecting some gory fun and that is what Sly delivered. The movie never crossed too far into the cheese territory, and it never took itself SUPER CEREAL either. The minute I walked in someone blew up, and I knew that the movie would be well worth the price of admission.

That being said, I am not sure how I feel about revisiting the story. I felt like seeing the disillusioned Rambo return home to give America/humanity one more chance, walking towards the same home he was trying to get to when he was thrown off path in the first film was a nice ending for the character.

I am excited for The Expendables, and I am all for Sly using his NuAction film formula to entertain me for as long as he can find HGH, but I am just not sure if another Rambo is the way to go.

Good news. Hopefully Stallone ties up the character with one final film. A lot of people forget about First Blood, and they only remember the parody of sorts that Rambo has become. I'd like to see the character really get some time before ending the series on a (bloody) high note.

Not bloody likely. I'm sure after this we'll get Rocky VII followed by a Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot prequel, then another season of The Contender.