Loudon Wainwright III

Hobo

Anyone like the elder Wainwrights work? I love it. More Love Songs is currently my most loved album. The older stuff is growing on me too, though it can be a bit hard on the ear (his voice really improves as he ages).

Here's some of my favorite Loudon songs:

Glad to See You Got Religion

Reciprocity

School Days

I.D.T.T.Y.W.L.M (I Don't Think That Your Wife Likes Me)

I absolutely love Loudon. Probably my favourite Wainwright. Have you heard "Recovery"? It's a relatively recent album of re-recordings of old material, and the versions of "Motel Blues" and "Needless To Say" amongst pretty much everything else are amongst the best he's done.

I absolutely love Loudon. Probably my favourite Wainwright. Have you heard "Recovery"? It's a relatively recent album of re-recordings of old material, and the versions of "Motel Blues" and "Needless To Say" amongst pretty much everything else are amongst the best he's done.

Yep. I got it not long after it came out. Its a fantastic album which is surprising because its all re-recordings.

Do you like So Damn Happy hobo? I do. :)

I mean both the song and the accompanying live album.

Actually never heard that album. I'm pretty much missing everything Loudon from the mid-90s.

I have the album he did for Knocked Up, and I love it. What album should I look for next?

I'd say Recovery might be easiest to get. Other than that More Love Songs and History are fantastic albums. His early stuff is pretty much re-done on Recovery (and improved on).

I need more Loudon.