Samuel L. Jackson signs with Marvel...

Johnny Latino Heat

...for NINE movies.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...a79d4a806b64e68

Samuel L. Jackson is Marvel's man.

The actor, who just weeks ago was seemingly on the outs with the studio over reprising his role as Nick Fury, agent of spy outfit S.H.I.E.L.D., has signed an unprecedented nine-picture deal to play the character in a series of Marvel movies.

The movies include "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America," "The Avengers" and its sequels.

Also on the table is the possibility of toplining a "S.H.I.E.L.D." movie, which is in development.

The actor, repped by ICM and Anonymous Content, made a surprise appearance as Fury at the end of the first "Iron Man," throwing geeks into a tizzy and showing the first glimpse of Marvel's plan to link all their slate of movies into one filmic universe.

Jackson and Fury were expected to be part of the sequel, but as Marvel negotiated with its cast, deals proved hard to come by. Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle. Mickey Rourke still doesn't have a deal for the part of a villain despite almost two months of negotiations.

Well, I'll be damned. Never thought I'd see the day when an actor would sign for nine movies like this.

It's still 9 movies. The deal is rather stupid. He's doing the same work for less pay basically.

We don't know how much he's getting paid for his work.

Also I'm sure Mr.Jackson not being a rookie knows exactly the amount of work he'll have to put into each film beforehand, demanded a respectable amount of percentage of revenue, and is going to look kickass.

But 9 more suerhero films..

I love the genre, and I'll probably grow to love this Marvel Filmverse, but overkill maybe? I'm honestly not interested in a Captain America, Thor, or S.H.E.I.L.D film.

Nine more superhero movies? God, kill me now.

If they can keep up with the quality of Iron Man and The Hulk, why not? There's nothing wrong with superhero movies when they're made well.

It's still 9 movies. The deal is rather stupid. He's doing the same work for less pay basically.

We don't know that. Even if he is, Jackon's pretty fucking rich, so I don't think he really minds that much considering how much of a comic book nerd he is.

Of course it's for less money. Why would they sign him to such a deal if it's for the same amount of money. Complications happen all the time and re-casting is always looming when it comes to films. Look what happened to Terrence Howard in Iron Man. He's already been replaced for the sequel.

What I'm saying is that they're trying to secure him for 9 movies (which actually isn't as much as people make it out to be when you realize that it's 4 movies, their sequels (making 8) and a probable movie.) However, it's still a good amount and they're not gonna be willing to pay him the same amount as if he did them all under his own accord as is usually done. This means he'll be doing these movies for the next few years with little space to do anything else. Something rare for Sam Jackson since he's in about half the movies that come out in a year. :shifty:

I know that he's loaded and money isn't really a problem, but it's still not a great feeling being lowballed.

Surely it's the reverse? They're asking him to commit to 9 films and presumably a decent amount of his time over the next 5-10 years. They have the incentive to keep Nick Fury as a continuous presence through their films and they have to pay for the privilege. It's not like he needs them more than they need him, so the long-term factor means they have to pay up.

Well it's probably eight smaller roles plus the Avengers movie, so I'm sure they worked out some kind of deal. Not to mention the fact he finds a way to be in every other movie that comes out, so it's not like the guy isn't willing to go to work. Jackson has always struck me as a guy that just loves what he does for a living.

Edited by Zero