Reading/Leeds Festival

YI

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I would go see Bowling for Soup for sheer comedy purposes, much like when I saw Wheatus waaaaay back at V2001. Defo getting tickets this year anyway regardless of lineup, missed last year so well looking forward to it.

First time I've been on the board in about a month, but YI I still love the Nobby bongo picture.

Apparently The Fratellis are self-confirmed. And Frank Turner, Offspring and Maximo Park are added to the 'strong rumour' list.

Also, it's basically 99% certain Radiohead will be headlining one of the days, as they dropped a massive fucking hint about it in an interview recently.

UPDATES...I'm nerdy and bored, so trying to find Leeds Festival rumours, fuck yeah! :shifty:

36 Crazyfists {Self-Confirmed}

Lost Prophets {Self-Confirmed}

Rise Against {Self-Confirmed}

Off With Their Heads {Self-Confirmed}

Anti-Flag {Self-Confirmed}

The Fratellis {Self-Confirmed}

Frank Turner {Self-Confirmed}

The Ghost Of A Thousand {Self-Confirmed}

Flobots {Self-Confirmed}

RUMOURS:

Arctic Monkeys

Kings Of Leon

Radiohead

Kaiser Chiefs

Friendly Fires

Florence & The Machine

The Rakes

White Lies

Bowling For Soup

Enter Shikari

Glasvegas

JACK'S "MOTHERFUCKING" MANNEQUIN!!! (Apparently from the man himself, but I haven't seen anyone else back it up as a 'self-confirmation' just yet...I would shit myself with glee, seeing as he's only done 2 sold out UK dates, I doubt his next time back would be a Festival, but it could be)

Placebo

The Offspring

The Zutons

Maximo Park

Edited by YI

I'd be surprised is Los Campesinos! weren't there to be honest. I could see them getting a hefty boot up the bill, headlining Festival Republic (If Elliot 'fucking' Minor can do it), or midway on the NME stage or something.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see Frank Turner getting a shift from The Lock Up this year. The only thing is, Lock-Up/Festival Republic are roughly the same size, but given what the crowd was like at the Gaslight Anthem show (where he had a bigger fanbase/was fucking impossible to move during his set) I don't doubt he could put up a good showing in the NME tent. People really seem to underestimate (me included) just how popular he actually is. Yeah, he may not chart high, but christ, he has an abundance of fans (his crowd at the Lock-Up last year was just as big as I saw for the headliners, people spilling out the tent all over, etc).

A line-up appeared yesterday that had more 'weight' to it (like 'people in the know' backing as 'legit', and this is from a place that had last years first announcement about a week before) than all those other ones that crop up...I think it's proved to be bollocks (or at least some bands are just 'wild stabs in the dark') or at least I fucking hope so, as the first set of bands announced on it look fucking shit. :/

Edited by YI

Little Boots and Black Lips...and apparently (from their management) Death Cab For Cutie are self-confirmed. WHOOOOO!!!! :D

Fuck even if Death Cab end up not playing, searching to find info (which I've seen posted at various forums by different people, but probably just people passing on info from one forum to another) I've found out they're putting out an EP of new material later this month.

Edited by YI

Kings of leon

Lost prophets

Fall Out Boy

?

Pigeon Detectives

The Subways

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Chiefs

Yeah yeah yeahs

Maximo Park

The Cribs

Vampire Weekend

Radiohead

Morissey

Weezer

?

Enter Shikari

Killswitch Engage

?

Bowling for soup

36 crazyfists

NME/RADIO1 Headliners will be Franz Ferdinand, Glasvegas and ?

Amongst those playing below (but not necessarily sub-headlining) will be TV on the radio, White Lies, Jamie T.

I think this may be the line-up that YI was referring to.

Ugh. Awful. Of those I wouldn't be fussed about missing any of them, but I wouldn't mind seeing Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, Morrissey, Weezer, Killswitch, Bowling for Soup and I suppose Franz Ferdinand. But if I didn't see any of those bands, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit disappointed. In other words, this year's lineup looks horrible.

Kings of leon

Lost prophets

Fall Out Boy

?

Pigeon Detectives

The Subways

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Chiefs

Yeah yeah yeahs

Maximo Park

The Cribs

Vampire Weekend

Radiohead

Morissey

Weezer

?

Enter Shikari

Killswitch Engage

?

Bowling for soup

36 crazyfists

NME/RADIO1 Headliners will be Franz Ferdinand, Glasvegas and ?

Amongst those playing below (but not necessarily sub-headlining) will be TV on the radio, White Lies, Jamie T.

I think this may be the line-up that YI was referring to.

Ugh. Awful. Of those I wouldn't be fussed about missing any of them, but I wouldn't mind seeing Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, Morrissey, Weezer, Killswitch, Bowling for Soup and I suppose Franz Ferdinand. But if I didn't see any of those bands, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit disappointed. In other words, this year's lineup looks horrible.

No, that one was outed as bollocks straight off. I can't be arsed to find the one I saw doing the rounds, but it had Mars Volta on The Saturday, Placebo under Radiohead etc. And The Charlatans, Enter Shikari and someone else really fucking shit as NME/Radio 1 headliners (ewwwww)...but yeah, all of them released so far are absolute bollocks, seriously believe none of it. Yeah, when a band self-confirms, believe that (although some you take with a grain of salt as there's no real 'proof' as such, such as a message from Death Cab's management), but people who claim t have insider info are talking shit and taking wild stabs in the dark.

Oh and The Subways and The Cribs both WONT be playing, from the horses mouths...which is why everything 'leaked' so far is absolute shit.

UPDATES...I'm nerdy and bored, so trying to find Leeds Festival rumours, fuck yeah! :shifty:

36 Crazyfists {Self-Confirmed}

Lost Prophets {Self-Confirmed}

Rise Against {Self-Confirmed}

Off With Their Heads {Self-Confirmed}

Anti-Flag {Self-Confirmed}

The Fratellis {Self-Confirmed}

Frank Turner {Self-Confirmed}

The Ghost Of A Thousand {Self-Confirmed}

Flobots {Self-Confirmed}

RUMOURS:

Arctic Monkeys

Kings Of Leon

Radiohead

Kaiser Chiefs

Friendly Fires

Florence & The Machine

The Rakes

White Lies

Bowling For Soup

Enter Shikari

Glasvegas

JACK'S "MOTHERFUCKING" MANNEQUIN!!! (Apparently from the man himself, but I haven't seen anyone else back it up as a 'self-confirmation' just yet...I would shit myself with glee, seeing as he's only done 2 sold out UK dates, I doubt his next time back would be a Festival, but it could be)

Placebo

The Offspring

The Zutons

Maximo Park

Wow, I don't care about anything on that list.

I love my musical taste.

Deftones (with stand in bassist) and Funeral For A Friend added as 'strong rumours'/self-confirmed.

People are bitching about the £175 price tag...saying that it's a £20 increase...I'm sure I paid around £170 off a ticket last year (with booking) and I really doubt I was charged £20 booking, as I'd have kicked the fuck off about it.

Edited by YI

People are bitching about the £175 price tag...saying that it's a £20 increase...I'm sure I paid around £170 off a ticket last year (with booking) and I really doubt I was charged £20 booking, as I'd have kicked the fuck off about it.

It's about £10 increase. I paid £162 from Seetickets last year.

I'd happily see them. Yes, they're an 'obvious' choice, but come on, sometimes headliners have to be the 'obvious' choices. Apparently they're playing Friday Leeds, Saturday Reading. Which surprises me somewhat, as I thought they'd be Sunday Leeds, to 'send us northerners home happy'.

I paid £500 into my account this morning (and am now out of my overdraft for the first time in an eternity :shifty:). I hate having to buy 4 tickets, too much responsibility. :shifty:

Edited by YI