Reading/Leeds Festival

YI

Yeah but we've got Prodigy who do it so much better. Pendulum have like 2 or 3 songs that are good. Drums are always the same and I just can't get into them. Same boat as Enter Shikari for me.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pendulum were awesome last year. I just remember being off my tits and bouncing from one circle pit to the other. Even though i was quite near the back, there was still loads of circle pits going on.

Not sure if it will be quite the same with them on the main stage. Espeically if they are on earlier in the day, which would be more than likely.

Pendulum are overrated and a little repetitive, but they're amazing drunk/high music. It's the same concepts repeated, yes, but there tunes are proper fun and make you want to dance. In the light on the mainstage though...really is not the place to have them though.

Frank Turner is 100% playing. He had to drop out of Sonisphere to play, because it all kicked off between the festivals or something.

Madina Lake have self-confirmed as well.

I just remembered that Off With Their Heads thought they were going to be playing. :( Sad that it didn't come to fruition as they wont be playing anywhere besides The Lock Up, being a small American punk band. :(

So, a revised (ARE PLAYING!/rumoured list);

36 Crazyfists

Black Lips

Crystal Castles

Dananananaykroyd

Doves

Faith No More

Flobots

Frank Turner

Fun Lovin' Criminals

Go:Audio

Lethal Bizzle

Little Boots

Madina Lake

Metric

Pendulum

Rolo Tomassi

Rumble Strips

Set Your Goals

Sonic Boom Six

The Airborne Toxic Event

The Big Pink

The Get Up Kids

The Living End

The Parks Dept.

The Rakes

The Virgins

You Meat Six

Edited by YI

I think I may, unknown to myself, be writing for NME. :shifty: I don't think I've ever agreed so much with something NME has ever written;

So what do you think? The Rise Against day looks awesome for a fair few reasons. Firstly, it means A WILHELM SCREAM ARE COMING BACK TO THE UK! And they're possibly the best live band I've ever seen in my entire whole entire entire entire life. Check out '5 To 9' from their last album 'Career Suicide'...

The chances of RA using their headline heroes slot to play a greatest hits set (ie all of the first two albums and about three off the third) aren't exactly high, you know they'll drop this mid-set and make everyone go nuts.

I think there's something universal to punk rock fans of a certain age: as soon as the first chords of the below tune ring out it's time to raise a finger to the sky, grab your nearest and dearest and have a bit of a shout. Isn't shouting vaguely in tune brilliant?

And Thursday are coming off the back of 'Common Existence' flying. I'd bet my left nut, though, that they'll play about two or three off the new album and just crank out hit after hit after hit.

The Bronx, on the other hand, just shred.

And Chuck Ragan! Awesome. I saw him in New York with Ben from Lucero, Tim from Avail and Frank Turner and he was just brilliant, a grizzled folk-punk troubadour with a voice that could kill a horse. This is him with his old band Hot Water Music making lots of sunburnt Floridians sing a lot.

Municipal Waste, on the other hand, might cause a full-blown riot when they unleash their ferocious riff-laden thrashfest. A riot of GOOD MUSIC. I'd love to see The fucking Twang compete with this:

Add a touch of the classic Snuff and a real blast-from-the-past from the Mad Caddies and it looks like that'll be a superb day. The only real joker on the RA day is Set Your Goals - a band I've never loved but one which a lot of my friends seem to adore. So c'mon, am I wrong or are they?

What do you guys think? Stoked on Reading and Leeds for some punk rock fury or just fed up with the lack of UK bands? The Computers are the only new homegrown band to get the nod, so who would you have liked to have seen on the bill? A little birdie tells me there might just be another UK punk band playing on a much, much, much bigger stage, though.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=120...p;tb=1&pb=1

...is he me?!?!?! The Chuck Ragan description is brilliant, although not a patch on my Polar Bear Club "a voice you could gravel a drive with" one. :shifty:

Also the ending sentence. You Meat Six are the only 'punk' band I can think of from the UK who'd probably get on main stage, besides Gallows, but they're playing NME tent.

Edited by YI

Get Up Kids seem to be playing. :D :D :D :D :D

From NME...yeah it's been passed about for a while (how they're in Europe with a bunch of Leeds/Reading bands the week before) and how people have heard from 'sources' they're playing, but this makes it seem pretty much 'certain';

After their performance at this year’s Groezrock festival, TGUK guitarist Jim Suptic informed me that the pre-MySpace era pop-punk-rockers are planning a triumphant return to the UK on tour later this year.

“We’ll be touring the UK in August”, Suptic said, inbetween trying to convince me that Blur are the best band in the universe*. “It’ll be in festival season, so Reading and Leeds are on the cards.”

Hurry up and motherfucking confirm them, I might be so happy I'd cry...oh, and it's highly likely I'd hit up a regular tour date too.

• 3 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT LAST NIGHT!!! Just found out...some fucking AWESOME stuff going on;

LEEDS - Friday/READING - Saturday

MAIN STAGE

Arctic Monkeys

The Prodigy

Maximo Park

Ian Brown

Enter Shikari

Eagles of Death Metal

The Rakes

Fightstar

NME

Gossip

Glasvegas

White Lies

The Maccabees

You Meat Six

Patrick Wolf

Metric

Spinnerette

Delphic

Dinosaur Pile Up

LOCK UP

Rise Against

Thursday

The Bronx

Mad Caddies

Rival Schools

Set Your Goals

Snuff

Municipal Waste

A Wilhelm Scream

Chuck Ragan

Polar Bear Club

The Computers

LEEDS - Saturday/READING - Sunday

MAIN STAGE

Radiohead

Bloc Party

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Brand New

NME

Lost Prophets

AFI

Gallows

The Gaslight Anthem

Crystal Castles

Passion Pit

Metronomy

Frank Turner

Lethal Bizzle

In Case of Fire

Broadway Calls

LEEDS - Sunday/READING - Friday

MAIN STAGE

Kings Of Leon

Kaiser Chiefs

Placebo

Fall Out Boy

Deftones

Funeral For A Friend

New Found Glory

Alexisonfire

Madina Lake

Sonic Boom Six

NME

(HEADLINER)

Jamie T

Friendly Fires

Florence And The Machine

The Horrors

Little Boots

Airborne Toxic Event

The Virgins

Manchester Orchestra

Dananananananananananannananananakroyd

LOCK UP

Billy Talent

Anti-Flag

Alexisonfire

The Bouncing Souls

Leftöver Crack

The Aggrolites

Streetlight Manifesto

Fake Problems

Riverboat Gamblers

The Flatliners

The Ghost of a Thousand

The Plight

I'm not really big on the new album, I mean it's pretty good...some great tunes, but not as good as "Arcade Perfect", which was a perfect blend of ska/punk/hip-hop...they've scaled the hip-hop back on the new one. :( Although "Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" is awesome.

Gives me an excuse to post this though;

l_5e70a7440fe09335fb8ff89f5559bf4d.jpg

Edited by YI

Add Fightstar, Frank Turner and Alexis (part 2) to the list of people I'll go see. There's still a few names to be announced on the Saturday on the main stage, so maybe I'll get another decent name.

Meh, nothing really that interesting to me except for New Found Glory.

Funny to see that Lethal Bizzle has finally made it into the NME tent. Im sure i will go see him if there's nothing else on at the time... i always seem to see him every year at Reading since 2006

There's a 2 in 13 chance I will have a resit on the Thursday or Friday of Leeds...if I do...I swear to god I may cry (with Friday being possibly/probably my favourite day). :(

Edited by YI