• Torinho 1940's
    • Ajax 1995
    • Benfica 1961-1962

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit frustrating having to pick what we think are the 5 top teams from a list of 10. I know absolutely nothing about the Santos, Torino or Benfica sides mentioned and I really don't think the Bayern team of 2001 merits a place, so the rest of my list almost picks itself.

I tell you what- I haven't put ManU squads here, since I think non of them deserve to be in.

and by the way- I pick: both Ajax teams, Milan 89', Liverpool 77'-78', Real Madrid 56'-60'

What? None of them deserve it??

Treble winning 99, Double winning 2008, Double winning 1994, Busby Babes and The 1968 team (Best, Charlton, Law) all are deserving of consideration.

I tell you what- I haven't put ManU squads here, since I think non of them deserve to be in.

and by the way- I pick: both Ajax teams, Milan 89', Liverpool 77'-78', Real Madrid 56'-60'

Are you for real? I may be the most anti-United person in the fucking world and even I'd acknowledge they've had better sides than Munich '01.

Troll much?

Fookin' hell, when even Matt says that you know something's wrong with the list.

You should've really just given a few examples in your post and then offered up your own opinion. Making a list and forcing people to choose is just asking for arguments. Especially when you omit such a big team like Utd.

The big problem with this list is that some of the big teams that you mention (Real Madrid, Milan etc.) have had different versions of what could be seen as their best squad, Galacticos era Madrid for example featuring Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo.

Oh yeah and the glaring lack of Man United

To be fair, you tried... just missed the boat on the idea 'opinion'

Major problems with this, including this is "The best 5 according to doron's opinion". If you want to have discussion don't force people to your opinion and then present a biased list.

You also spelled Torino wrong. :shifty:

Are you for real? I may be the most anti-United person in the fucking world and even I'd acknowledge they've had better sides than Munich '01.

You're not.

doron is.

Major problems with this, including this is "The best 5 according to doron's opinion". If you want to have discussion don't force people to your opinion and then present a biased list.

You also spelled Torino wrong. :shifty:

It's actually from when Torino FC had a brief spell as a Brazilian football player.

Yeah, I'd say treble winning United should be in. Hell, if they do the quintouple this year, they'd probably have to be in for the achievement alone.

Arsenal 03/04 not in there either? 49 league games unbeaten doesn't even get a mention yet Brian Munich's 2001 does? What did they do? I honestly can't remember anything special.

Hello everybody. here are some of the best Football club teams all over the history. please, select 5 (exactlly 5) that you think were the best ever. later I will give my own opinion.

I wasn't sure what he meant by this so I selected all of them.

I don't think the Treble-winning side of 1999 is in the top ten sides of all time. The Busby babes have a shout and if the current squad retains the CL and wins another trophy then they should be in there, but I don't think you need to put in a token Man United squad because the club is one of the most successful in history. It's pretty clear that this is supposed to be about individual sides and not total club achievements. The problem is that including some obviously undeserving teams like Bayern 2001 leaves the door open to criticisms of teams left out. The Liverpool, Madrid and mid-90s Ajax teams pretty much pick themselves. Personally I'd have included international teams as well - not because they're particularly comparable with club sides but because it makes the list a bit easier to compile.

There's absolutely no way the Galacticos were in the top 10 sides of all time. In the 5 years of Perez's Presidency they won 1 league and and 1 CL (both in the first 2 years) and then won no trophies for 3 years. They're possibly the most under-achieving side in history.

Edited by -A-

I think Fulham's team now deserves a mention. Hangeland, Murphy, Schwarzer, Dempsey, Hughes... now we're talking.

EDIT: Or the Norwegian invasion of the Liverpool team in the late 90s. One of my personal favourites.

Edited by Pesci

surpirsed to see there's no Leeds United squads in there. Some of the leeds teams from th 60's,70's and 80's we're legendary. from the lot there I don't think any warrant my vote really.

Edited by Mr.iMPACT!