Bass help!

The Future

Hey guys, After my O-Levels in May I definitely plan on starting to play Bass Guitar, I have looked around a few sites but they haven't really helped me decide and this forum usually pops up with good,helpful answers. I need a cheap bass and my budget is limited to 12,000 Bangladesh Taka which is about 174$ and GBP 124.

I want something that has a good sound and is comfortable for a beginner.

Hey guys, After my O-Levels in May I definitely plan on starting to play Bass Guitar, I have looked around a few sites but they haven't really helped me decide and this forum usually pops up with good,helpful answers. I need a cheap bass and my budget is limited to 12,000 Bangladesh Taka which is about 174$ and GBP 124.

I want something that has a good sound and is comfortable for a beginner.

I'm not sure what the music stores are like around your area... but I got my bass from a local shop for $150 Canadian, brand new. It's just a standard bass guitar. It's nothing special, but it's also not a piece of a shit either. It's probably the best thing for a beginner to have.

I'd recommend just walking into a local shop if you have one, and talking to the guy there about it.

Well yeah that's the thing, the people in music shops here don't know anything although they do somehow manage to operate a cash register properly.

What's the name of your bass by the way?

Mine's a Greg Bennett Corsair. Nothing fancy, like I said, but serviceable.

Her name is Lily.

I don't know if you have them in Bangladesh, but I'd definately recommend a Car Boot Sale or Garage Sale or similar (where people go to a pre-arranged field and set up tables of their old junk to sell). That's where I got mine, and while it probably sound like shit compared to a 'good' bass, it's perfectly fine for practising on and only cost me £25 including a portable amp (which, granted, is useless for any kind of performance, but for learning it's perfectly fine).

Also, two Youtube channels for you learning to play:

BassLessonsOnline (George Urbaszek)

Dmanlamius

Nah no garage sales around these parts, thanks for the youtube channels thought hey will definitely come in use when I get it.

The bass I am most likely to get is this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fend...426-i1146354.gc

That is a good starter bass that can probably last you a long time. You can easily get by with it playing shows and everything. It sounds good and is a good quality bass.

Yeah the Squier by Fender you linked is a really good one for starters.My friend just started out with it and it sounds good and is not that expensive to get.