Video Game Scares

Robsturgh

I can never ever play Condemned. I tried, but I just cant. Even the first scene where you are walking through a warehouse and NOTHING happens, just gives me the fucking creeps. I will never ever get beyond the second level in that game, nor even think to complete it. Holy shit.

Condemned 2 I got about fifteen minutes in when you're chasing some geezer through a TV store or something and you have to go downstairs with TVs crackling n stuff and yeah, the game did a number on me - the whole premise and everything and I was playing it alone at 2am and screw that. That went right off never to be played again (fortunately I'd just borrowed it from work).

Shit. Condemed 2. I played the demo of that and was constantly shitting myself. I prayed for death towards the end of that demo just to get me out of it.

The first one that jumped to mind was definitely System Shock 2 and I can think of exactly the scene Scott was describing. The walls ... :(

Other than that, Doom 3 and Condemned 2 for sure. I couldn't make it far through Doom at all and I really wanted to. Didn't really find Fallout 3 that scary at all, but I wasn't really as immersed in that game as I should have been.

The Condemned 2 wasn't too bad I don't think, there was a few points at the start I was crapping it but unfortunately the further you got in to it the less scary it got, probably cause you had a gun all the time. Does anyone find the fact you are running low on ammo a lot of the time actually add to the atmosphere?

I'm always worried when I only have a few bullets left and you know there is going to be a boss round the corner.

The Condemned 2 wasn't too bad I don't think, there was a few points at the start I was crapping it but unfortunately the further you got in to it the less scary it got, probably cause you had a gun all the time. Does anyone find the fact you are running low on ammo a lot of the time actually add to the atmosphere?

I'm always worried when I only have a few bullets left and you know there is going to be a boss round the corner.

Condemned 2 got really, really, stupid towards the end. Your 'special attack' you earn at the end has got to win some kind of most spastic ability award. And that you have to use it to defeat a very not-scary boss while weird tesla shit explodes all around you? Great way to kill the atmosphere.

Edited by Gongsun Zan