The Godfather II

wolves

Anyone else excited about this? From all I've seen via trailers and read via previews it's looking to be pretty solid. I only played the first one a little but enjoyed it. Number II looks like it's going to offer a lot more especially in terms of playtime with all the different rackets and power ups.

I've been looking forward to it for a while now. Really loved the original, and this one actually looks even better. Been looking forward to finally playing an open world crime game that lets you have more control over your criminal empire. Scarface is the only one so far that's really tackled it.

Shame it comes out the same day as Riddick. I'm not sure which one I'll get first. :(

Too ambitious, I'm afraid. That kind of thing always comes out badly. That said, I -loved- The Godfather game. I mean everything except the driving. Hand-to-hand combat system was fun, especially since enemies would often engage you hand-to-hand if you put your gun away. Mostly what I loved was the feel of the guns though. I can't explain it exactly, but the gunplay had just the right feel in my opinion.

Reviews for it haven't been too great. The 360 has an average score of 72%, while the PS3's average is 69% according to Gamerankings

Well I can tell you not to believe everything reviewers tell you...

I somehow ended having more than enough credit from trading in five games to buy both Godfather 2, and Riddick. I managed to avoid making that hard choice.

This game takes the first game's most unique feature: extortion, and building onto it very well. It lacks the polish of GTA 4, but if you didn't mind how rough around the edges the original was that won't be a problem. Nothing is more fun than sending one of your arsonists to burn up a rival family's gambling racket in retaliation for attacking one of your brothels.

Very fun game IMO.

• Like 1

It's fun, but not the sort of game I would probably buy(even though I loved the first one enough to buy it). Worth a rental though if you can get it. It's the kind of thing that's fun for a few hours and then probably never again after that. I'm only about halfway through the second area though, so maybe the game gets better. And being able to totally customize your crew is neat. As is the idea that you can off them in any way that you see fit if they don't live up to your standards. (You mark them for death in your family screen and they become attackable, allowing you to choose how they die or execute them yourself). That was a fantastic idea actually. It's not easy working for a mafia boss.

The game has it's inspired concepts though. The first action game that I've actually played that makes you feel like you're in charge of the crime empire rather than (for example) GTA:VC where you were the boss but basically did everything yourself. Here you can send henchmen to do your dirty work, although they're far less effective than you are alone.

Graphics aren't great and the AI is a bit weird. But it's still fun for a short stay. I imagine the gameplay wears thin after a short time but I could be wrong. I'm not that far into the game yet.

@metalman -

Yes, it's an open world style game like GTA. Not quite as good as GTA, but still enjoyable IMO.

@Darloboy -

Pretty much just like the first one. This time you have total control over your gang, recruiting, protecting your businesses, attacking rival businesses, etc.

I'm liking it, basically if ya liked the first one you'll like this one. Coolest thing I've done so far is I just took out one of my rival families compounds, and as I was leaving I saw one their men crouched down sneaking away, so I got in my car and ran him down and it gave me the 750 kill achievement, heh