I'm Camden Crawling again this year.

K

So yeah, it's time for my annual Camden Crawl thread. This is actually the festival I've attended the most times, though it's not really a festival. I think this is my fourth or fifth year.

To summarise quickly, you exchange your ticket for a wrist band. This wrist band gives you free entry into almost any bar, pub or club in Camden town over two days, and you can watch whatever happens to be going on in there at the time. The Camden Crawl is probably your last chance to see the bands that everyone will be raving over in six months time, perform in a small intimate venue. It's always amazing.

Between the hours of midday and about 6pm it's pretty chill, there might be acoustic stuff, some comedy acts, poetry, whatever. Last year there was even some arts and crafts stuff. Last year I spent a whole afternoon in a comedy bar and it was hilarious. It was hosted by Jared Christmas who you may have seen since on Argumental. It really is a great way to spend an Afternoon. The weather is always wonderful, If you know Camden then you know where the nice beer gardens are. It's glorious.

Between 6pm and 1am the bands take over and it all kicks off and gets a bit messy. Last year I woke up with a monocle drawn on my face and a full sleeve tattoo drawn on my arm

Between 1am and 4am it all goes to hell and the DJs come out, you get absolutely fucked and it's splendid.

Good times.

Anyway, like I say, it's always fantastic. I have absolutely no idea what the line-up is, and to be honest I don't care, that's not the point. But for the sake of this post I will look it up...

Friday

Baddies

Bleech

Brakes

Capital

Circlesquare

Copy Haho

Danny & The Champions Of The World

De Tropix

Dinosaur Pile Up

Django Django

Drums Of Death

Echo & The Bunnymen

Filthy Dukes

Foy Vance

Goldheart Assembly

Hella Cholla

Hockey

Idlewild

Jouis

Kissy Sell Out (LIVE)

Kitty Daisy & Lewis

Little Death

Mini Viva

Openroom

Pulled Apart By Horses

S.C.U.M

Selfish C**t

Skint & Demoralised

Sleepercurve

Teeth!!!

The Author

The Barker Band

The Chapman Family

The Jim Jones Revue

The Temper Trap

The Von Bondies

The Whip

Wire

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Your Twenties

Saturday

808 State

Alan Pownall

An Experiment On A Bird In The Air Pump

Banjo Or Freakout

Billy Bragg

Blk Jks

Broadcast 2000

Cherbourg

Die! Die! Die!

Elviin

Everything Everything

Frankmusik

Gold Teeth

Golden Silvers

Heartbreak

Hexes

Hot Leg

Innerpartysystem

Ipso Facto

Josh Weller

King Creosote

Lion Club

Little Boots

Newham Generals

Ou Est Le Swimming Pool

Shitty Limits

Televised Crimewave

The Dead Formats

The Fall

The Laurel Collective

The Maccabees

The View

The Virgins

Threatmantics

Toddla T

V.E.G.A.S Whores

Looks good, I've actually heard of a bunch of those. Nice.

And the daytime fun stuff includes quizzes, crafts and shit. Three different comedy companys, short films, spoken word (Including scroob apparently, I actually had no idea. Bonus.) and a bunch of other stuff. Yeah, it's gonna rule.

Was actually talking to my brother about going down to do this early last week, as in all the years he lived in London he never actually went and said he always wanted to. There's some quality bands on the bill, plus it'll give him an excuse to go down spend some time with friends (and me just an excuse to go to London, oh how I love the place). It all depends how long tickets remain available for to be fair, as I might need a couple of weeks to scrape together money to buy a ticket.

Edited by YI

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone going to this has to check out Baddies . Reuben-approved, they're former members of Engerica, who you've probably never heard of either. They're kind of a more indie, less screamy Reuben, or as NME puts it, a cross between QOTSA and The Futureheads. Free MP3 here.

I know a Norwegian who worships Engerica. I'll have to let him know of baddies.

Will you be able to buy a weekend ticket from one of the venues or something tomorrow or not?

It's just, as of this morning I really need to do this. It's perfect timing, in a bit of an emo mood so a weekend away, a couple days of London drunkenness, good times and some live music will do me the world of good.

My brother went down to London yesterday morning, he's staying with his girlfriend and going. I'll be able to find someone to stay with for a couple of nights no problem.

I've got two essays to churn out over the course of the day. If I manage to finish them before 3 and get them handed in at uni, I seem set to get down London tomorrow and do this.

Edited by YI

If you order it online now you can pick it up at the Roundhouse.

I've been up for 28 hours straight now, and the crawl starts in an hour and a half. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it guys.

Yesterday I watched a bit of a one man band competition, some really shitty comedians, some really awesome comedians, some acoustic guy perform in the street, had Ice Cream and Cake and Pizza, saw the Baddies, Kitty, Daisy and Lewis and The King Blues and generally rocked out.

The good comedians were actually incredible, and I think that pork based puns are the future of comedy.