FIFA 09 - EWB Club (PS3)

AJ

Here are the results for tonight's games. Think we played well first match. I played poorly second game and that would've been bad against any team nevermind against France. Third game was alright even though I struggled playing lone defence although credit to Nalareg who was back as Van Bommel as much as humanly possible to help out.

Hopefully we get a better turnout next week. Same time same place.

Also, if I've made any mistakes let me know.

Game 1

BAYERN MUNICH (EWB) 4-0 LIVERPOOL

Squad

ANY (junkd03), ANY (Nalareg), Podolski (burnsy08), Toni (rvdwannabe)

Goals

'09 Ze Roberto (junkd03)

'43 Ribery PEN (junkd03)

'45 Van Bommel (junkd03)

'90 Toni (rvdwannabe)

Cards

None

MOTM: Lucio (Nalareg/junkd03)

Game 2

FRANCE 3-0 BAYERN MUNICH (EWB)

Squad

ANY (junkd03), ANY (Nalareg), Podolski (burnsy08), Toni (rvdwannabe), Ze Roberto (Badd-um-tsch)

Goals

'37 Henry

'57 Henry

'73 Benzema

Cards

'32 Lucio (Red)

MOTM: Gallas

Game 3

MANCHESTER UTD 0-2 BAYERN MUNICH (EWB)

Squad

ANY (junkd03), Van Bommel (Nalareg), Klose (burnsy08), Toni (rvdwannabe), Ze Roberto (Badd-um-tsch)

Goals

'10 Ribery (junkd03)

'90 Toni (burnsy08)

Cards

None

MOTM: Van Bommel (Nalareg)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that went well, the 2nd game was poor, mainly, because the were France. I prefer taking a single player, I find it easier and don't mind sitting back whil e Baddar bombs on with Ze Roberto. I definitely want to take Mark van Bommel next time again.

Glad I got my goal in the last game. First two games I both got the "Disconected from Opponent" message and had lag issues. Luckily the last game I got the whole way through but there were a few laggy patches. All in all a good start really.

I've edited the first post with some stats. Again, if I've made any mistakes or if you think I should put anything else on there let me know.

I was just downright frustrated during the game against France. Henry is just flipping unstoppable. Enjoyed the other games though. I guess in future we should just organise positions/ANY players just before we start a game cause it'll differ depending on who is present.

Don't look at me I play Striker,I'm meant to be forward :rolleyes: Nah it does get anoying though when people in midfield get into your space as a striker we need to keep our positions more and limit who else goes forward. Looking forward to next week now.

I've had a thought that if we have the 8 of us playing then we should go 2 ST's, 2 CM's, 2 CB's and then the other two players can go ANY and interchange between the wings and wing backs. If it's 6, then it's 2 ST's, 2 CM's and 2 ANY, and then 4 would mean 2 ST's and 2 ANY like we played in the first game.

If we don't have a full squad we definitely need two ANY players or it means relying on the CPU from time to time.

I thought I played well as the LCM, in that I gave enough going forward as I did going back. We do need to sort out who's going to sit back and who's going to go forward as far as the midfield goes, but I think we did well last night given the circumstances of just jumping into it with no proper tactics.

And considering you're noting the results down, we need to keep the ball better when we're leading towards the end. We had the ball with about 2mins to go against United, people piled forward, and we then got caught on the break and it was only because of some lacklustre shooting that we didn't draw the game 1-1. Burnsy still grabbed a second afterwards, but there's no way that game should've been that close.

Yeah, if we're winning towards the end, we should keep the ball better. Thay guy missed a chance at the end that was harder to miss than to scor, considering he was Ronaldo. Baddar if we're in midfield together again, I'll hold while you can go forward, because Ze Roberto is better at going forward ayway.

Yeah, in those games, considering I was given no instructions as to how to play beforehand, I just tried getting forward and going back as quickly as I could when we lost the ball. I was INCHES away from volleying in a cross in the United game. And I seem to remember putting either you or AJ in one-on-one in the France game with a neat ball over the top, but the GK inevitably saved it. :(

EDIT: Oh, and if possible, could you make the game 7pm next week, not 8pm. I'm back in work very early Monday morning, and if it takes an age to get a game going, chances are I won't be on later than 9pm. And if we can get a couple played, 7pm is a better start time for me. If it doesn't fit for everyone else, no big deal.

Edited by Baddar®

Well normally I'm at basketball training on Sundays 5.30-7.30 which is why I chose 8pm. If we all aim to be in the dressing room FOR 8pm next time then we should be able to get started straight away.

It took me over half a game to remember my brother had re-mapped the controls, so that fucked me up somewhat. Otherwise, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I'd probably prefer to drop back into midfield, or the wing more specifically, as I was drifting wide a lot with my runs into space, and it puts less of a burden on my strike partner.

I think I'll cancel the rest of the invites then since that makes 10. It'd be awful if more than 10 of us turned up to play and couldn't all get in.

I'll also be editing the first post. Replacing the squad list with two seperate ones. Munich's own and our names with preferred positions (and current ratings?). Since we're deciding positions and strategy on a game by game basis rather than staying the same for the forseeable future.

Don't forget, this Sunday for 8pm!

edit: Oh yeah, if you check out our Trophy Room, we've got the following trophies:

Win A Club Game

Keep Opponent to 0 Goals

Score 200 Total Goals (wtf?)

Also, the loss to France isn't showing in our recent club games however our record at the top still states 2-0-1. Boo.