What festivals are you going to?

Rockin' Amigo

Am really tempted to go to Rock Am Ring this year just for sheer amount of people playing there. The Prodigy, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Bloc Party, Limp Bizkit, Billy Talent, Jan Delay & Disko No. 1, Kettcar, Killswitch Engage, Mando Diao, Peter, Björn & John, Peter Fox, Placebo, Polarkreis 18, Scouting For Girls, Slipknot, The Kilians, The Killers, The Kooks, The Subways, Tomte, Trivium, and Volbeat. Plus load of others (e.g. MADNESS!). 135 euro for three days of that sounds like a fucking bargain.

Would be my first festival, but what a first!

Not as many as I'd hoped. I wanted to get to at least one day of "Hyde Park Calling" (Springsteen day) but due to sleeping in I couldn't get a ticket. I wanted to do "Slam Dunk" in Leeds this year, but it fell on the Sunday of the now extended "Evolution Fest", and given it's local "Evolution Fest" wins out. Wanted to do "Camden Crawl" this weekend, but uni's caught up with me and it's not possible (annoyingly my brother went down yesterday and is doing it, grrrr...oh to be unemployed and have 'no responsibilities'...which I thought what being a student was :shifty:) "Get Loaded In The Park" looks good as well, if not purely for the inclusion of Royksopp and Miss Kittin & The Hacker, but it's the Sunday of Leeds so that's out.

I was also offered a Glastonbury ticket at one point, but I declined for a variety of reasons.

So basically I have two confirmed's so far;

Evolution Festival [24/25 May - http://www.evolutionfestival.co.uk/ ] - MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO; The Human League, James Yuill, Twisted Wheel, Little Boots, Friendly Fires.

Leeds Festival [28-30 Aug - http://www.leedsfestival.com/home/ ] - MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO; Prodigy, Deftones, The Gaslight Anthem, Bloc Party, Lost Prophets and Brand New.

However, there's possibilities of others. I have a mate who goes to Creamfields 'every year', but he's coming with us to Leeds this year, so instead he's trying to get a group together to go to "Global Gathering" (even though it's more of a trek). It's really tempting, but the £120 pricetag, I'm not sure...the line-up is fucking awesome though ( http://www.globalgathering.co.uk/ );

Prodigy, Orbital, Digitalism, ATB, High Contrast, Darren Styles, Lisa Lashes, Pendulum, Armin Van Buuren, Chase & Status, etc...plus you know it'd be a crazy weekend. :shifty:

Middlesbrough Music Live is another possibility as again, relatively local, would need a designated driver, or pull a drunken allnighter in smog-central though. All depends on the line-up whether I can convince people to go/worth going.

Next year, I want to go to Groezrock (apparently works out as a good deal cheaper than Reading/Leeds for 3-days of solid punk rock :D). Even if it means, in order to do it, I have to take IAceI with me. :P The line-up this year didn't particularly interest me much in comparison to previous years, although The Get Up Kids would have been fucking epic.

Or alternatively hitting up America for "Bamboozle Fest" one year would be good. I wish I had money/adventurous friends. :(

Edited by YI

Leeds (have a ticket) or Sonisphere (I'll have to sell my Leeds ticket if we can actually get it sorted to go... I really wanna cuz of the awesome lineup).

Will probably hit up local a couple of local fests too, like Lionfest.

Times like this I wish I had a job and I could afford Leeds, Sonisphere and Download :shifty:

I will probably only be going to ones localish to me this year as I am poor. Probably Lounge On The Farm, Get Loaded In The Park, South West Four, and tiestio at victoria park (i think its there).

et tu? :wacko:

Yes, it's there. 'cause I'll be going too with like 20 mates. Should be good

Apart from that, download and sonisphere

And some local dance festivals down here in Spain

Donwload and Bloodstock for me this year. Download is becoming somewhat of a pilgrimage it seems (3rd year running), but I'm more looking forward to Bloodstock in all honesty, especially the Sunday.

:o Apocalyptica are playing Bloodstock. I have to go to that. The other bands that are playing on the saturday are any of them like remotely tame vocally? I.e. Machine Head type singing or softer?

I've only seen 1 video by most of the bands (the one that Bloodstock puts up to advertise them). From that it seems Candlemass are doom metal, with clean vocals (and least in the track I saw). Blind Guardian are clean vocals (German power metal band). Girlschool are clean too.

EDIT: I'm not sure they do day tickets to Bloodstock, but a weekend ticket is pretty cheap at £99.

Edited by DFF/WFS