EWB: The UFC Undisputed Online League

IzzyX

Which system shall we run with?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which system shall we run with?

• We basically set it up in "Seasons" each of which are 5 months long. Each month we pick a division to use, set up weekly fight cards, see where it ends up. So month 1 would be Light Heavyweight, everyone fights, we keep track of the record for the division and for the overall rankings.
    • Or we could do a draft at the start, or at the start of each month, with the first pick going to whoever had the worst record. Both of those methods prevent someone like Rocksta who's great with everyone, from constantly ending up with the highest rated fighters as well.
    • Select a weight class, everyone gets a fighter. Everyone fights everyone once. 2 points for a win. The four with the most points enter the playoffs. Best of three, the winners of that do best of three again. That winner is your overall winner.

Well I'm open to tweaking it and at the start of each month, we set the division and everyone signs up for a fighter

OOO OOOO! Or we could do a draft at the start, or at the start of each month, with the first pick going to whoever had the worst record. Both of those methods prevent someone like Rocksta who's great with everyone, from constantly ending up with the highest rated fighters as well.

So yeah I'm obviously willing to run this with my method, if thats what everyone ultimately decides they want.

Edited by Maxx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me, I think it'll probably work better that way actually, as long as there's no collisions over who wants to play as who before their match.

Although hopefully the hype doesn't die out quickly like the Smackdown league did, where it looked good to start with and then a month later people decided to move on to a different game and that was the end of that. Hopefully this actually gets seen through to the end.

Sounds good to me, I think it'll probably work better that way actually, as long as there's no collisions over who wants to play as who before their match.

Although hopefully the hype doesn't die out quickly like the Smackdown league did, where it looked good to start with and then a month later people decided to move on to a different game and that was the end of that. Hopefully this actually gets seen through to the end.

We can prevent that with a draft, 5 rounds, randomly determined order. Everyone drafts one fighter from each division and thats their stable of guys for the entire season.

Edited by Maxx

I like the draft idea. Since the first one would be a random order, I suggest snaking it so that the last person to pick in Heavyweight would be the first to pick in Light Heavyweight or whatever order you do the classes in. Then you can do the second season draft by order.

Edited by dwsnuk

I feel like this is set up kind of long with picking specific fighters and such. Theres no room to fill every division so now people like me can't get in on it.

I agree with MAXX too. Except we should just do the draft from teh start. Random order first. Then based on rankings. The methods its rtun with now is whack.

Edited by RockstaMantis Black

Yeah I wasn't going to designate a class for each round in the draft. I was just going to have everyone pick whoever they wanted in whatever round they wanted, I think that'll give a better spread to everyone's group.

We can prevent that with a draft, 5 rounds, randomly determined order. Everyone drafts one fighter from each division and thats their stable of guys for the entire season.

Okay, that sounds great to me, certainly sounds like the best way (Y)

If we do a draft we'll have to figure out a good time to do it to adjust for time zones and things like that.

Though if you ask me I figured the best way to go about it is select a weight class, everyone gets a fighter. Everyone fights everyone once. 2 points for a win. The four with the most points enter the playoffs. Best of three, the winners of that do best of three again. That winner is your overall winner. But whatever works best is good with me, that is if I end up with Shogun or Maia...:shifty:

Can i still sign up to this?

Console: 360

Gamertag: Davidmarriott

I haven't stated what fighter i'll pick cause i'm not to sure if were going with the idea of seasons or draft.

Oh btw i'm waiting for my Xbox360 to come back from repair arrived in Germany on Wednesday so hopefully be back shortly

Probably a good idea to cap it after this David here, that'll give the 360 league 18 people.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how a PS3 league will work, as I don't have one, there's only like 2 people signed up for it and I'm kind of only interested in running the 360 one.

And why did you split on method of mine into two choices?

Let me handle this Izzy, I'm just trying to determine if 5 round draft done on the board fantasy football style would take to long, or if there's a quicker way to do it.

Yeah I'm gonna have to start a new thread for this...

Edited by Maxx

Probably a good idea to cap it after this David here, that'll give the 360 league 18 people.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how a PS3 league will work, as I don't have one, there's only like 2 people signed up for it and I'm kind of only interested in running the 360 one.

And why did you split on method of mine into two choices?

Let me handle this Izzy, I'm just trying to determine if 5 round draft done on the board fantasy football style would take to long, or if there's a quicker way to do it.

Yeah I'm gonna have to start a new thread for this...

I split your idea into to two choices because it came in two replies. Dude, you can't just takeover like that.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I guarantee no one is going to oppose me taking this over, especially since you're attempting to shift the format into a method I created.

And you aren't even on the list on the first page, so I'd add yourself if you want to be involved.

Edited by Maxx

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I guarantee no one is going to oppose me taking this over, especially since you're attempting to shift the format into a method I created.

And you aren't even on the list on the first page, so I'd add yourself if you want to be involved.

Dude you tried to contribute your ideas without mentioning: 'Oh I should take over'. And no I don't want to get involved for myself. And anyway; from my point of view you are coming across as a dick (no offence whatsoever).

Edited by IzzyX