The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

So Real's midfield and attack is going to be (I guess):

Diarra - Gago as DM's

Ronaldo - Kaka - Robben

Huntelaar

This leaves out fuckin' Van der Vaart and Sneijder, two players who should be playing in the starting line-up for a world class team. They are now basically for the taking, it's insane. Also, I was wondering if Real really buy Silva from Valencia, then Robben can go to Man Utd as Ronaldo's replacement maybe?

There full team will be more like:

Casillas

Ramos Garay Pepe New Left Back

New Central Midfielder

Ronaldo Kaka Sneijer/Robben/Van der Vaart

Villa Huntelaar[/code]

Villa will replace Huntelaar it seems.

Real is suddenly removing all the Dutch players basically which is just absolutely ludicrous:

30 or so million for Sneijder

30 for Robben

20/25 or so for Huntelaar

15 for Van der Vaart

14 for Royston Drenthe (which was a stupid move anyway)

=======================================

So that's around 110 million euro, just gone after 1 season.

Matt, that means they're changing their tactic.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

And teams never change their formations? Especially one that was evidently hugely successful.

It's what I heard, granted it it didn't specify formation or which 5 players, but I heard that they're going to be playing 5 in attacking roles and that seems the most likely scenario.

And teams never change their formations? Especially one that was evidently hugely successful.

Pellegrini plays 4-4-2, I don't think he'll change that.

I've heard that Huntelaar might be on his way to United as part of the Ronaldo deal. Whether that means £80m+him, or whether his value is part of the £80m I don't know. And it might not be true at all. Regardless, I doubt he'll be first choice next season if he's still there. Higuain will get in ahead of him, as will Villa if he joins. I think they'll bring in another CM to play alongside Diarra (Lassana, not Mahamadou) since it doesn't look like they're gonna get Alonso, and maybe a new CB to play with Pepe ahead of Garay.

Pellegrini plays 4-4-2, I don't think he'll change that.

I've heard that Huntelaar might be on his way to United as part of the Ronaldo deal. Whether that means £80m+him, or whether his value is part of the £80m I don't know. And it might not be true at all. Regardless, I doubt he'll be first choice next season if he's still there. Higuain will get in ahead of him, as will Villa if he joins. I think they'll bring in another CM to play alongside Diarra (Lassana, not Mahamadou) since it doesn't look like they're gonna get Alonso, and maybe a new CB to play with Pepe ahead of Garay.

I'm pretty sure they are keeping with Gago. They might also try Sneijder at that spot, considering he was really important when they won the title last season and he played CM couple of times.

So Real's midfield and attack is going to be (I guess):

Diarra - Gago as DM's

Ronaldo - Kaka - Robben

Huntelaar

This leaves out fuckin' Van der Vaart and Sneijder, two players who should be playing in the starting line-up for a world class team. They are now basically for the taking, it's insane. Also, I was wondering if Real really buy Silva from Valencia, then Robben can go to Man Utd as Ronaldo's replacement maybe?

There full team will be more like:

Casillas

Ramos			  Garay					 Pepe			New Left Back

New Central Midfielder

Ronaldo				  Kaka				Sneijer/Robben/Van der Vaart

Villa				  Huntelaar

I would reckon Raul will still be a first teamer, unless Perez and/or Pellegrini wants to get lynched by Madrid fans.

I hear Robben's off for £8m, as little as. I choked a little at work, didn't fully look into the story (which is surprising since in an 8 hour day I'll generally surf the internet on the sly for...8 hours ish). Always think he should have stayed in the Premiership, Reyes too. But hey, some people don't understand rain.

We could well see half the Real Madrid team going to Man City, considering they seem to be going for stupidly small amounts of money... and most other clubs wouldn't be able to take on their wages.

Hmm, if City even buy two of the rumoured to be going players... Real could recoup about 1/4 of the Ronaldo deal just like that.

We pretty much knew it already, but Deco has now openly come out and said "I want to move to Inter".

On the one hand, the sooner he's gone, the better. On the other hand, I really, really, really want to this little exchange of "TAKE ME JOSÉ, TAKE ME!" to end with Mourinho replying "......lol, no". It would amuse me greatly.

Disappointed that Ronaldo is going as I was when Beckham left (couldn't understand that move either) but everybody has their price. I'll be extremely surprised if Ferguson brings in a big name replacement. The younger fringe players will continue to improve (watch out for Gibson) and I completely agree with Fudge as I have faith that they'll find another 'wonderkid' for next to nothing, or at least today's equivalent of next to nothing, who'll soon become a superstar.

Guest Ringmaster
Villa will replace Huntelaar it seems.

Real is suddenly removing all the Dutch players basically which is just absolutely ludicrous:

30 or so million for Sneijder

30 for Robben

20/25 or so for Huntelaar

15 for Van der Vaart

14 for Royston Drenthe (which was a stupid move anyway)

=======================================

So that's around 110 million euro, just gone after 1 season.

Matt, that means they're changing their tactic.

All these turned out shit though :shifty:.

Okay, a little harsh but not far off. Snejder was really quite good, in fact I'd go so far to say that if he wasn't dead most of the season Madrid maaaay have gotten somewhere. Robben is pretty much a cripple though yes, the potential is still there (in fact anyone remember the early years at Chelsea when he was a monster? Memories!). They can't rely on him. VDV has been particularly dreadful, there's a reason he was linked to another club only WEEKS after joining Real Madrid. Huntelaar is good back up but nowhere near as good as made otu to be and lol, Drenthe. Terrible waste of money, the whole lot.

That said, Madrid's formation will probably be the bastardized 4-4-2 Villareal used, with two DMs, Kaka/Ronaldo given freedom to go from wing to centre, Higuain/Raul in the whole and Villa/Huntelaar up front. I don't think Ronaldo is going to have an easy a time in Spain, especially if he plays on the wing. Spanish fullbacks are violent animals and monsters. That said, Madrid's strength will probably lie in counter-attack, like Villareal, though why anyone would want to go on massive offensive with a team like that, I don't know.

However Nani, who had a disappointing season at Old Trafford last term, believes the squad is already strong enough to cope with the loss of Ronaldo.

"Cristiano's departure is not impossible to fix," he said.

"He will be missed but United have other players who can replace him."

Subtle hint much? Shame he'll still be shit, well no, not a shame really.