The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

I forgot about Ashley Young, he'd be perfect for United. As far as pure wingers go he's one of, if not the best. Of course seeing as he's English, you can up his value by 10mil straight away. It amazes me how he doesn't get in the England squad, he's a much better player than Walcott and Lennon and should be in a starting role.

He has been picked for England recently. I believe he had to withdraw due to injury in one of the recent squads and he got some playing time against Andorra. When Walcott shines by scoring a hat-trick in Croatia he's not going to get the nod over him but I would like to see him feature on England's left wing seeing as Joe Cole is permanently injured and we have to resort to playing people out of position over there.

I really don't think that in the football market a transfer that we should assume £80million is anything but a price someone was going to pay eventually for a player. These fees of course only come about once in a blue moon anyway.

I love how always Man Utd fans have said "Ronaldo won't leave, he loves the club, Ferguson won't sell him." Alex Ferguson is sensible enough to know that no player equals a team. Not Jaap Stam, not David Beckham, not Van Nistelrooy. And definately that no player is "worth" 80 million. Although Real will get that back in profits, there's no way his current value is that.

And hasn't Tevez constantly said "I Will Leave" but still Man Utd seem really ... certain he's staying. Tevez seemed distracted against Ecuador, so I think maybe he's got a large offer from Man City on the table.

I think Man Utd will just build their team around Rooney and lessen the importance of Ronaldo's old role. It's probably the most sensible thing to do since Rooney is an awesomely talented player and they're not going to buy anybody who'd have half the impact of Ronny.

I love how always Man Utd fans have said "Ronaldo won't leave, he loves the club, Ferguson won't sell him." Alex Ferguson is sensible enough to know that no player equals a team. Not Jaap Stam, not David Beckham, not Van Nistelrooy. And definately that no player is "worth" 80 million. Although Real will get that back in profits, there's no way his current value is that.

Yeah, but Stam, RVN and Beckham were no where near the best players in the world at the time and all were well unto the wrong side of 25. Ronaldo is 24 and is the worlds best. I know it's 80 mil, buts it's a massive risk, something which those sales weren't

Despite the large sum, it's an incredible signing for Real Madrid, he's by far and away the best player in the world. If they get Villa too they'll be frightening next year.

Messi says hi. Particulally as he had a much better year than Ronaldo this year and put in a better performance in the Champion's League final. Don't get me wrong Ronaldo is world class but I'd say Messi is better.

Despite the large sum, it's an incredible signing for Real Madrid, he's by far and away the best player in the world. If they get Villa too they'll be frightening next year.

Messi says hi. Particulally as he had a much better year than Ronaldo this year and put in a better performance in the Champion's League final. Don't get me wrong Ronaldo is world class but I'd say Messi is better.

Ronaldo has more than Messi does, namely set pieces and an aerial threat. Also thres a reason why Messi was anonymous in all but one of his games against Premier League opposition, with the complete shambles of United's Champions League final performance being the exception and besides, that was a free header.

Tevez is going, it's not about whether Man Utd will pay for him anymore it's about him wanting to play week in and week out, which he doesn't feel he'll get at United.

I think United might make a move for Silva now, but I hope they don't as I like him.

Funny thing is I still don't think Real will be able to match Barca. Iniesta and Xavi are phenomenal, and we all know about Messi. They're bound to sign somebody massive as well. I'm praying to god it's not Mascherano but if it is, oh my.