The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Guest Ringmaster

I wouldn't actually be surprised to see Ferguson be stubborn and not replace Ronaldo and instead make the team Berba-centric, if that happens and they fail, I will laugh and laugh and laugh. If they're successful though, I will just stay silent :shifty:

I'm willing this to go tits up, I really really am. I desperatly want Ronaldo to fuck off to Spain and United to crumble. It won't happen though. United will get Benzima or someone and we'll end up with Silvan Distan and Gary fucking O'Neill.

I keep saying this is going to be our year, but unless Rafa pulls of a coup this summer, I have a horrible feeling we're going to go backwards

Villa will replace Huntelaar it seems.

Real is suddenly removing all the Dutch players basically which is just absolutely ludicrous:

30 or so million for Sneijder

30 for Robben

20/25 or so for Huntelaar

15 for Van der Vaart

14 for Royston Drenthe (which was a stupid move anyway)

=======================================

So that's around 110 million euro, just gone after 1 season.

Matt, that means they're changing their tactic.

All these turned out shit though :shifty:.

Okay, a little harsh but not far off. Snejder was really quite good, in fact I'd go so far to say that if he wasn't dead most of the season Madrid maaaay have gotten somewhere. Robben is pretty much a cripple though yes, the potential is still there (in fact anyone remember the early years at Chelsea when he was a monster? Memories!). They can't rely on him. VDV has been particularly dreadful, there's a reason he was linked to another club only WEEKS after joining Real Madrid. Huntelaar is good back up but nowhere near as good as made otu to be and lol, Drenthe. Terrible waste of money, the whole lot.

Robben had his little set-backs at the start of this season but found some kind of wonder doctor and ever since he has played a lot of games for his standard. He's a phenom, he gets past players easier than Ronaldo. Did you see him against Scotland couple of months ago? Insane. VDV played really well at the start but then got injured and Sneijder played on his position for a while even though they don't even play in the same position :shifty: VDV played the last couple of matches for Real from the start though and did pretty well. He played Holland's last two matches from the start and did amazing, he really has class. Huntelaar doesn't really fit Real, I always thought he would go to an English club like RVN did. However, he still scored like 6 goals in 5 games when he got a starting spot. Drenthe is indeed shit; when he got bought he hadn't even played a full season yet at the highest level, goes to show how shit Real's scouting is.

What an odd player to dislike. Out of all the divers and the needlessly overly aggressive players, you dislike Berbatov?

Sulley Muntari's agent has said Inter Milan have rejected a bid from Spurs. Wigan have said they have received offers for Valencia from Man Utd.

Edited by AD

Yeah, I'll echo what Ace said.

I've never understood why Ferguson was so interested in the guy and if we get him, I see him following in the shoes of the likes of Kleberson and Djemba Djemba, which isn't a good thing.

Also had a good laugh at Nani acting like he can feel the boots of Ronaldo, very funny guy.

Berbatov is class, I really don't know why people think it's his job to run like a headless chicken and go about tackling everything in sight. In the start of the season people were crying out for a forward who stays up front and then when we buy one we get on his back for not running enough

He's scored some important goals too...winners against Bolton,Newcastle,Boro we wouldn't have won the league without those wins.

I think the price for Valencia is too high(Although these days 17 million sounds cheap!)but I see him as essentialy an upgrade to Park Ji Sung, a hard worker whose also good on the ball which Park isn't. Fergie must clearly see something in him, Djemba-DJemba was bought out of the blue but we have been linked to Valencia for the past 3 seasons

Berbatov is class, I really don't know why people think it's his job to run like a headless chicken and go about tackling everything in sight. In the start of the season people were crying out for a forward who stays up front and then when we buy one we get on his back for not running enough

He's scored some important goals too...winners against Bolton,Newcastle,Boro we wouldn't have won the league without those wins.

I think the price for Valencia is too high(Although these days 17 million sounds cheap!)but I see him as essentialy an upgrade to Park Ji Sung, a hard worker whose also good on the ball which Park isn't. Fergie must clearly see something in him, Djemba-DJemba was bought out of the blue but we have been linked to Valencia for the past 3 seasons

What?

I reckon Park has easily been one of the key players this season

A quid says it's because "HE'S 2 LAZY N SHUD RUN MOAR!".

Valencia is totally not going for any less than 20m now :P

I think he's a good player, but I don't know what it is, I just don't like him and think that £30m could've been spent on someone better. If he only cost about £15m then it would be different. <_<