Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

So let me get this straight...

"BAD CHELSEA, you aided Kakuta in breaching his contract!"

"Wait, now that we look at it, he actually wasn't under contract after all. Our mistake."

o_O

Correct. Now the movie reference for that one is the courtroom scene in Liar Liar where Jim Carrey gets his client off the hook for shagging another man (which would break the conditions of her pre-nup agreement) by realising that she lied about her age in order to sign the pre-nup in the first place thereby making it null and void.

I'm trying hard to tie the new Pompey ownership thing into their recent troubles.

It seems to me like the Hong Kong businessman lent Pompey 17m or so... and they tried to give him as much misinformation as possible up to the point where he only just realised that the club were about to be wound up. He decided to claim the club out of spite just so that he'd get a larger cut of the club as a debtor when Pompey do go under.

It seems like when he initially said that he wanted to sell the club to make his money back... he didn't realise that the costs would be so much to run Portsmouth... so is banking on someone buying the club between now and the 10th.

Ultimately this means that Al Faraj has escaped from the club, and will be safely back in Israel when the shit hits the fan and the accountants realise that he heavily ripped off the club.

It's like pass the bomb... but every time you pass it it gets bigger ¬_¬

No idea how Pienaar and Fellaini weren't shown straight reds as well, awful refereeing. No surprise given who it was, though.

We played well in the second half. Bit fortunate Cahill missed his header at the end of the first half but they did nothing in the second, our performance was pretty much perfect for a team with 10 men. Thought N'Gog showed why he's a much better option than Babel for the lone striker role, when Babel came on he couldn't make anything stick and his touch was shocking. Gerrard's finally finding a bit of form, thought Maxi showed a few good touches and Mascherano was excellent.

Fellaini is a disgusting player, it seems he's elbowing people in the face and doing terrible challenges in every single game. While I'm not defending Ferdinand, it just amazes me he's getting punished right now for what he did, while this guy gets away with it every single week.

And boy do I love Hull right now. First the draw with Chelsea and now two up against City :wub:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Well, not really. Arsenal played well, but did their classic thing of failing to follow through.

If it were a boxing match, you'd have one guy on the offensive and throwing punches for a few rounds in a row...but never hitting the other guy once. :shifty:

Well, you can never count on the Gunners to help you out by putting on a good performance. :/

It'll be fun to hear from Wenger once the season is over, 'cause from what I recall, he said something like "if we don't win a trophy this season, my project has failed". And indeed it has.

• Like 1

After the last two matches I'm tempted to not even watch the next televised Arsenal frustration fest.

What's horrid, is that the entire time Drogba was running down the pitch I was yelling at the TV for anyone to maybe mark him because I dunno he's a little dangerous ... and oh look, he finished. How the fuck do you lose guys like Rooney/Drogba ? Seriously.

Song and Diaby are shit. The can't mark, at all. They also blow with the ball at their feet.

Hong Kong business man wins Portsmouth FC in game of pass the parcel

Premier League crisis club Portsmouth have been taken over by their twenty seventh different owner of the season, after a game of pass the parcel among people owed money by the ailing club.

Hong Kong-based businessman Balram Chainrai is understood to have taken 90% of Portsmouth's shares from previous owner Ali Al Faraj after the music stopped whilst he was holding a bag with the keys to Fratton Park.

The move is expected to bring four or five days of stability to the south coast club, before the search begins for the twenty-eighth owner, with plans already underway to invite all debtors to a large game of musical chairs at the end of next week.

Press Conference

In a hastily arranged press conference, new owner Mr Chainrai told reporters, "Yes, it's true, when the music stopped the keys were in my hand."

"Those are the rules, and I agreed to abide by them. I assure everyone that I will do my absolute best in the coming days to ensure this club returns to it's former glories as a club capable of paying back all of the money it has borrowed."

"It's true that it's never been a particular dream of mine to spend most of my hard earned millions on overpaid idiots to run around a field really, really badly."

"But I do regularly dream about getting back all of the money I lent to a shady Arab businessmen, so I suppose this is a dream come true of sorts."

"Now, I don't suppose I could interest you in a new full back could I? I'll even chuck in eighty-grand-a-week John Utaka for free."

• Like 1