Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I'm not saying that he'll translate into the EPL, but he is pretty good.

21 year old "starlet" type. He's really good inside the box and has great footwork. Much different than Shrek and Berby. He positions himself well too. He's got 21 goals in 27 matches for Chivas this year so ....

What I really like about the deal, is that ManU will be going to Mexico to open the new Chivas stadium this summer.

He's definitely great, young and very athletic. I'm a Chivas fan and I've been following the guy's career ince he debuted, this was his first season as a starter with Chivas but 21 goals in 27 is pretty good, they compared that record to Rooney's. Plus Chivas vs. ManU at the new stadium is gonna be fucking great, Chicharito is gonna play one half with Chivas and the other half with ManU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49D_bjW8XCo

Edited by Powerhart
  • Like 1

West Ham owners David Sullivan and David Gold have been rocked to find out that only ONE senior player has a pay-cut written into his contract if the club goes down.

Article

My immediate response (if true)...is holy shit.

If they didn't have a bunch of people on stupid pay then they could maybe get away with it, but they do, so good grief that's dumb.

FUCKING RIGHT~!

That victory was absolutely huge, and we deserved all 3 points against Sunderland. Add on that Burnley just beat Hull, as we're now 4 points up on both of them. Thank you Burnley, and thank you Ilan <3

It doesn't help that we put out our oldest starting 11 possible but this has got to be the slowest I've seen us play for a long time. Nani is trying to do everything himself because none of the others are doing any running. Nobody is giving our fastest player Valencia the ball to run at the defence. A bit of urgency is needed, sadly it doesn't look like it's coming.

Yay, Blackburn!

How delightfully even-handed of you. >_>

It's all Fergie mind games, let Chelsea think they have a 4 point advantage and they'll slip up...

<_<

Hey, it's not that bad a strategy. We've already done it at least once this season. ¬_¬

Why the fuck Ryan Giggs is starting in central midfield ahead of, ya know, actual central midfielders I'll never know.

It was lovely to see us playing most of the second half with Berbatov on the half way line and no one up front...

Honestly, I've never been so disinterested in a United game in my life. We're not winning the title this year, that much has been clear since we lost at Everton. And it's not because we've been unlucky or had refereeing decisions go against us, it's because without Rooney we're distinctly average as an attacking force. Valencia has had a decent first season, but the majority of his good work comes either defensively or from crossing the ball. He rarely runs at anyone when 1 on 1 and he hasn't got a clue in front of goal. Nani has come on a hell of a lot this season but ou still get the sense Fergie doesn't trust him fully. Fletcher and Carrick are both wonderful players but don't offer all that much going forwards and Paul Scholes, i'm sorry to say, is now past it. I'd rather see Gibson in the side. Why Park doesn't play more is beyond me, even when he does get a start he gets played out wide, out of position. And the whole Berbatov issue is becoming ridiculous. We don't seem to be able to get the best out of him... mainly because when he plays it's in place of Rooney rather than with him... meaning he gets left as a lone striker. That just isn't Berbatov's game at all and he's quickly becoming a scapegoat for our worst performances.

For the life of me I can't understand the logic today. You're playing Blackburn, a strong, combative, energetic side who, especially at home, like to press the midfield and really get amongst them. So what do we do? Play Giggs and Scholes in there together... Wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I love the both of them. Two of my favourite players of all time... but they're just too old now to play in there together, especially against a side like Blackburn. We'd have been much better suited to starting with Gibson today, particularly on the back of his strong showing against Bayern. I don't like to criticise Ferguson, not with his record, but today I just can't understand why he's set the team up that way. It's not even as if we created a lot of chances. In a way I'm almost glad we didn't score late on as it would've only served to mask another poor performance.

All in all I think it's time for some wholesale changes. The rest of this season is just going to simmer out in mediocrity and in all honesty, next season doesn't look any different. So far we've signed a bit part defender from Fulham and an unproven Mexican centre forward... probably 2 good signings for the future sure, but hardly likely to strike fear into the rest of the league. As a fan, I'd quite happily take a season of rebuilding from us, even if we don't win much for a year or two. Bring in a couple of real quality players and build a younger side... give the likes of Gibson, Nani, Macheda, Rafael a chance the same way we gave a chance to Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Neville et al.

We've become such a patchy side this season.. at our best we're fantastic but at our worst we're just boring to watch. It's not that we're not winning games... it's that we don't look like winning them. In the past we'd create chance after chance in games... but this season that just doesn't happen. We had maybe 2 chances today against (with all due respect) a mid table side, that just isn't good enough.

Bottom line really, we don't deserve to win the league this season. We've been found wanting against the big sides, and found out when Rooney hasn't played.

Roll on the World Cup, this season is over.