2009/2010 NBA Thread

jrtdot

There's no question James deserved the MVP award.

Sigh, Steve Nash is my favorite player in the league (even though I am a NYK fan), and I just get sad every time they face off against San Antonio in the playoffs. It never goes right. Great rivalry of the last decade.

I feel LeBron is going to wreck Boston, but then again, I said that about Miami too.

Guest JukeboxHero

I think the Cleveland-Boston series is going to reach seven games. Should be a fun series.

However, the Cavs cannot play against the Celtics the same way they played against the Bulls. If they do, they're gonna get rolled.

The Lakers just delivered a KO punch in soul crushing fashion as Gasol tipped in a Kobe miss with 0.5 left on the clock to win the game (and the series) 95-94.

Bad job by OKC there not bringing a double team on Kobe. Just saw a reporter from SI post on twitter that Seattle got screwed in the whole Sonics move but Oklahoma City is one hell of a sports town.

Disappointed that the Bucks couldn't get the job done tonight, and probably won't in Atlanta.

Great Thunder-Lakers game, singling Kobe would have worked, he did miss, but not boxing out Gasol was a huge mistake. It looked like Ibaka and Green were just seeing if the shot went in.

Russell Westbrook showed that he has to be at least mentioned when talking about the best point guards in the game, and the fact that the Thunder had a real chance to force game 7 with Durant shooting 5-23 has to be encouraging.

The Bulls have fired Vinny of the Black.

Now that the 2nd round pairings are complete I'm going with,

Cavs in 5. I would have said 6, but after Boston gagged up a winnable game in Cleveland I don't see them being able to win twice, unless someone armbars LeBron and takes him out.

Magic in 5. The Hawks should have mugged Milwaukee, instead they had to scratch and claw their way through a 7 game series. If the Magic win the opener after what must feel like a two month layoff they may just end up with a sweep.

Lakers in 6. They will not go down like Denver. The Jazz don't have anyone who can guard Kobe and the Lakers front line will wear out the Jazz and their undersized bench.

Spurs in 6. When Phoenix plays San Antonio, never bet on Nash. At least he won't have to wait too much longer for the World Cup <_<

The Bulls have fired Vinny of the Black.

Now that the 2nd round pairings are complete I'm going with,

Cavs in 5. I would have said 6, but after Boston gagged up a winnable game in Cleveland I don't see them being able to win twice, unless someone armbars LeBron and takes him out.

Magic in 5. The Hawks should have mugged Milwaukee, instead they had to scratch and claw their way through a 7 game series. If the Magic win the opener after what must feel like a two month layoff they may just end up with a sweep.

Lakers in 6. They will not go down like Denver. The Jazz don't have anyone who can guard Kobe and the Lakers front line will wear out the Jazz and their undersized bench.

Spurs in 6. When Phoenix plays San Antonio, never bet on Nash. At least he won't have to wait too much longer for the World Cup <_<

I agree with all your winners but I think it will be the Cavs in 6, I just have a feeling that the Celts will battle to get at least two games out from Bron Bron. Also I think the Suns may be able to stretch it to 7 but that is if Nash shows up like you said.

• Like 1

I do think Atlanta will win the series against Orlando in 6.

Orlando swept the Bobcats, in a series where their best player could barely stay on the court. Despite it being a sweep, all momentum just seemed lost.

The Hawks though, kinda went through that whole fight, with two big wins in a row. They made a statement against the Bucks in game 7, and I think Orlando might sleep on them.

Hawks in 6.

I do think Atlanta will win the series against Orlando in 6.

Orlando swept the Bobcats, in a series where their best player could barely stay on the court. Despite it being a sweep, all momentum just seemed lost.

The Hawks though, kinda went through that whole fight, with two big wins in a row. They made a statement against the Bucks in game 7, and I think Orlando might sleep on them.

Hawks in 6.

What the Magic did to the Hawks tonight is illegal everywhere except in Milledgeville, Georgia bathrooms :shifty:

I'm thinkin Red Devil should change his prediction....just a thought.

Guest JukeboxHero

The Cavs did exactly what they needed to do last night. Hell, Lebron himself outscored the Celtics in the first quarter. But the team as a whole really showed up.

I know they've only played Charlotte and Atlanta so far, but the Magic have just dominated these first two rounds. If Boston can extend the Cavs to at least a 6th game, I could easily see Orlando back in the NBA Finals.

Man, I wonder what idiots picked the Hawks. Jeez. It's clear that Orlando would wreck them.

:Hides in corner:

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited about the Suns. I did not think they were getting past San Antonio and now they're up 3-0. I don't think they will get past LA, but I'd absolutely love to see a Steve Nash NBA Finals appearance.

Ironically, the performances of Cleveland and Orlando in the playoffs this year seems to be a 180 of last year. Last year Cleveland swept the first two series while Orlando had a seven game series against Boston. This year? Cleveland-Boston might be a long series, and Orlando looks like they might sweep the first two.

I do think it is amazing that Atlanta, deep and talented as they are, have struggled as much as they have. I don't even see Joe Johnson returning to the team, and I think their window of doing anything will close.

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited about the Suns. I did not think they were getting past San Antonio and now they're up 3-0. I don't think they will get past LA, but I'd absolutely love to see a Steve Nash NBA Finals appearance.

Why can't they? For once, the Suns have a bench, and all this length that Utah can't handle is kind of counteracted if Gasol and Bynum have to go outside to chase Frye around the perimeter.

I'm liking the idea of a Phoenix/LA series a lot, and the way the Suns are playing against the Spurs, they could run quite well with the Lakers.