EWB PremierLeague.com Fantasy Football

Adam

List updated, we now have 11 entrants. Hopefully we don't get anymore than 8 more people before Craig does sign up, I'd reserve a place if I could as I'd hate to be running this without the defending champion! It'd be like the Johnstones Paint Trophy, or something.

Edited by AdamDRFC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Nibbler.

We have just one spot left now, as Daniel Walker (dunno who that is on here) has signed up. We'd be full by now, but Eddie must've made some kind of mistake, as his team has not come through on the division list.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that this kicks off in a couple of days at the weekend. I'd still like to know who is managing 'Oh Look A Rocket FC' as it's the only team that I don't know who the user is.

I was hoping the fixture list would've been generated by now, but it hasn't.

So, the first weekend has finished, and after Stevens Gerrard & Ireland, who scored, my team was pretty crap. Dempsey got an assist (damn Zamora for nicking that goal!) as did Cole, but Lescott got minus points ffs!

Here's how it went down on the opening day...

Fiorentina Turner (Lord Nibbler) 63 - 61 Penrhyn Bay United (MGW)

Threepwood Allstars (Darloboy) 35 - 24 Oh Look A Rocket FC (WalkerWGZ)

Born Toulouse (IYWBTM) 56 - 52 The Player's Club (CraigOrion)

McShambles XV (Spee) 45 - 53 Alliance Of Violence (DirtyJohnny)

Drayton Park FC (TheArsenal) 53 - 66 Samira United (TheFuture)

Ross Kemp United (Pesci) 74 - 52 Los Galacticos (AD)

Potton Rovers (Nine2Five) 41 - 71 Blue Devils FC (Szumi)

Last-on-Again FC (AdamDRFC) 46 - 60 Alamo City Battle (HailtotheKing)

The Toon (The Cool One) 30 - 38 Brazil In Disguise (Dynamite)

Red Lion FC (estebanmon) 37 - 30 Orange Gate FC (Lowerdeck)

So, the initial table looks like this:

Pos. Team Name W D L Sc Pts

1 Ross Kemp United 1 0 0 74 3

2 Blue Devils FC 1 0 0 71 3

3 Samira United 1 0 0 66 3

4 Fiorentina Turner 1 0 0 63 3

5 Alamo City Battle 1 0 0 60 3

6 Born Toulouse 1 0 0 56 3

7 Alliance Of Violence 1 0 0 53 3

8 Brazil In Disguise 1 0 0 38 3

9 Red Lion FC 1 0 0 37 3

10 Threepwood Allstars 1 0 0 35 3

11 Penrhyn Bay United 0 0 1 61 0

12 Drayton Park FC 0 0 1 53 0

13 The Player's Club 0 0 1 52 0

13 Los Galacticos 0 0 1 52 0

15 Last-on-Again FC 0 0 1 46 0

16 McShambles XV 0 0 1 45 0

17 Potton Rovers 0 0 1 41 0

18 The Toon 0 0 1 30 0

18 Orange Gate FC 0 0 1 30 0

20 Oh Look A Rocket FC 0 0 1 24 0

Pesci storms to the head of the table with a win over AD. This doesn't go on goal difference if points are level, it appears to go on points earned overall, which is fair enough I guess. Pesci's Ross Kemp Utd side earned 74 points this week, with star defender Ryan Shawcross scoring for Stoke, and captain Steven Gerrard also scoring from the spot against Tottenham. Consistency was a factor as 8 of Pesci's 11 scored 5 or more points. MGW's Penrhyn Bay United lost by only two points to Nibbler's Fiorentina Turner, meaning he is the best of the losers at this early stage. WalkerWGZ earned a measly 24 points this week and is bottom after defeat to Darloboy's Threepwood Allstars. Walker had only one scorer above 5 points, Brede Hangeland who kept a clean sheet with Fulham to earn 8. Next highest was Fernando Torres who earned 4 points merely for appearing, coupled with the captain's bonus.

I'd go more into depth but it's far too early in the season to really focus on anything other than who won this week and who got the most points!

s'what I'm talkin' bout.

Looked to see how my team would fare with the fixtures coming up over the next few weeks and I get into a fair bit of trouble weeks 4 and 5. Hopefully I can do well early on and then come on strong afterwards. I'll probably just give in to temptation and use my wildcard stupidly early as always though.