EWB PremierLeague.com Fantasy Football

Adam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have done better there, and it's sodding typical that Ebanks-Blake goes off injured, I was expecting him to start scoring pritty sharpish. Tores did sod all either. Most of my points came from Defenders, thank you very much Matt Upson :D

On a gameweek that I expect caught a few people out (it certainly did me!) we have a new leader at the top of the table. This midweek is a first for the Premier League Fantasy Football, and I was not aware of it until this afternoon, meaning that only 6 of my 15 players were in action and subsequently left me with 5 first team players earning zero points, even after the automatic substitutions.

It is Samira United who have gone top, of course at this stage it is only on points difference though. The Future's side racked up a tight victory by a mere two points, 34-32, over former leader Ross Kemp United. Pesci's side toppled to sixth place, but RKU suffered from having three players and the entire subs bench absent. Both sides had Faye & Shawcross earn zero points as well for a dreadful performance in Stoke's 4-0 defeat to Liverpool.

Future is joined at the top by Born Toulouse, Threepwood A, Red Lion and Alliance of Violence, all with two wins out of two. Five sides lost after opening day wins, with Alamo City Battle notably suffering a defeat to The Toon by a mere point. Said point can be attributed to Joey Gudjonsson's 18 minute substitute appearance for Burnley in their win over Manchester United. The aforementioned RKU, along with the Blue Devils of Szumi, Fiorentina Turner and Brazil In Disguise were the other sides to suffer a first defeat.

Only Darloboy's Threepwood Allstars managed to break the 50 point barrier in this midweek set, thanks largely to performances from Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Andy Keogh, who all made the Dream Team of the Week. Only two other sides, estebanmon's Red Lion FC and my own Last-on-Again FC even broke 40, both with Steven Gerrard earning over half of the teams points due to a captain's bonus.

Elsewhere, CraigOrion, AD and Lowerdeck experienced their first wins of the campaign with The Player's Club, Los Galacticos and Orange Gate respectively.

Five sides have started with two defeats, TheArsenal's Drayton Park side earning a week low of 17 points, who had only three players earning points, fortunately including captain Jamie Carragher, who earned 12 of those 17 points. Penrhyn Bay, Potton Rovers and McShambles XV, living up to the name in the early going, all also earned a second successive defeat, and WalkerWGZ's Oh Look What A Rocket side can boast that they are the only side to stay in the same position they were in on Sunday night...unfortunately that position is last place.

Here are tonight's results in full:

Penrhyn Bay United (MGW) 37 : 44 Orange Gate FC (Lowerdeck)

Brazil In Disguise (Dynamite) 40 : 48 Red Lion FC (estebanmon)

Alamo City Battle (HailtotheKing) 31 : 32 The Toon (The Cool One)

Blue Devils FC (Szumi) 27 : 43 Last-on-Again FC (AdamDRFC)

Los Galacticos (AD) 38 : 31 Potton Rovers (9 to 5)

Samira United (The Future) 34 : 32 Ross Kemp United (Pesci)

Alliance Of Violence (Dirty Johnny) 27 : 17 Drayton Park FC (TheArsenal)

The Player's Club (CraigOrion) 38 : 30 McShambles XV (Spee)

Oh Look A Rocket FC (WalkerWGZ) 22 : 32 Born Toulouse (IYWBTM)

Fiorentina Turner (Lord Nibbler) 21 : 52 Threepwood Allstars (Darloboy)

And that leaves the table looking like this, although it's still very early doors yet:

Pos. Team Name W D L Sc Pts

1 Samira United 2 0 0 100 6

2 Born Toulouse 2 0 0 88 6

3 Threepwood Allstars 2 0 0 87 6

4 Red Lion FC 2 0 0 85 6

5 Alliance Of Violence 2 0 0 80 6

6 Ross Kemp United 1 0 1 106 3

7 Blue Devils FC 1 0 1 98 3

8 Alamo City Battle 1 0 1 91 3

9 The Player's Club 1 0 1 90 3

9 Los Galacticos 1 0 1 90 3

11 Last-on-Again FC 1 0 1 89 3

12 Fiorentina Turner 1 0 1 84 3

13 Brazil In Disguise 1 0 1 78 3

14 Orange Gate FC 1 0 1 74 3

15 The Toon 1 0 1 62 3

16 Penrhyn Bay United 0 0 2 98 0

17 McShambles XV 0 0 2 75 0

18 Potton Rovers 0 0 2 72 0

19 Drayton Park FC 0 0 2 70 0

20 Oh Look A Rocket FC 0 0 2 46 0

It is likely that I will do something to try and sort out the formatting of the table for this weekends tables. I've decided to drop Cameron Jerome and Joleon Lescott from my squad, as Lescott has been dropped by David Moyes and Jerome got injured tonight, plus the money freed up by Lescott allowed be to bring in a more expensive striker. Darren Bent is that man, and I'm hoping that Ryan Shawcross, my new centre back, doesn't join Liverpool as I will then be forced to drop him after only one week as I already have three Liverpool players!