FIFA 10

Baddar

From reading the EA FIFA Forums I gathered that Notts County has its old kit, badge and has a shitty budget of around 825k :shifty: Pretty stupid how people are whining about the servers disconnecting sometimes and how people are playing on the counter attack....the game hasn't even been properly released yet!

I gots it! Started a MM with Portsmouth;

- The commentators talked about how Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008 and it put them back on the map. Then they talked about how old fashioned their stadium is etc and about the atmosphere, was really fun.

- I think you can't stand in front of the opponent's goalie anymore. In 09 you could sometimes run in front of the CPU goalie and he would shoot against you. I tried this but he ran backwards, so I couldn't get close.

- The game looks better than the demo, oddly enough.

- You now have friendlies before the season, which is nice. Shame the first two friendlies for me are against Premiership teams, that's a tad unrealistic, the other two are AC Milan and Koln, which is nice.

- I drew against Sunderland 1-1 by a goal from Kanu. I'm loving Kanu 'cause he's just a beast and the first long ball he gave was immediately a rabona :blush:

- You don't have any Negotiation Limits anymore with transfers, yay!

- There's no limit in the amount of money you want to spend on a player. So in 09 you knew when you payed full price the player would come most likely, but now you just have to guess how much money they want. I was successful with all of my 5 negotiations on the first day and 2 of them were players who were not transfer listed. I bought M. Sissoko from Toulouse for 3m euro and he's valued at 2,3m, Llorente offered 10m and he's around 8,5m and Hazard from Lille also slightly more than this market value, so it's pretty easy.

- Okay, I spoke too soon. Once they accept your contract you have to decide if you really want them and you have a wage budget you need to pay attention to, so I can't sign all the guys I tried to get :shifty:

- The likes of Sergio Ramos are still on the transfer list, shame. I put some of my guys on the transfer list and even though they are shit Tottenham and Aston Villa want them, also unrealistic. I've also put two players on loan because I want to see if it's actually useful this year. One guy is 63 rated and who wants him.....Chelsea, riiiight....

- For some reason my whole line-up has been changed in Team Management, maybe it's the new Assistant Coach feature, I'm turning it OFF.

- Ugh, the search parameters go back to For Sale everytime you want to look for a player. It should be on Any as default, grrr.

- Afonso Alves is still at Middlesbrough...

- Second game, against Milan, commentators halfway through start to talk about how Portsmouth is under foreign ownership and they wonder how far they can take it with the current stadium etc.

- Substitute moments are still the same shitty way

- Yay, I win 1-0 via Welbeck. The gameplay has definitely improved, but I think the defending has been made easier with all the changes, not sure.

EDIT: - I just had a moment where the CPU had a FK and I stood in front of the closest player and he passed it to him and I intercepted it, just like they did in 09 which was retarded. Shame it's not fully gone.

- The goalie's are fine so far

- Eden Hazard of Lille and Miralem Pjanic of Lyon are the absolute stars of this game. Hazard is 77 on the right wing, Pjanic 75 as a CAM, and they are both 18 ;)

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Think I'll be going to Asda after college on Friday then. Can't use that shopto.net because I've not bought anything from it before, so I can't pre-order from there. Gay.

So, Asda it is. Reckon they'll have any left around 4:25?

- You now have friendlies before the season, which is nice. Shame the first two friendlies for me are against Premiership teams, that's a tad unrealistic, the other two are AC Milan and Koln, which is nice.

Maybe a tad but more and more we're getting these pre-season tournaments involving numerous Premier League teams, like Spurs, West Ham and Hull in the Asia trophy this year. Presumably they're just one-off games in FIFA though rather than a tournament structure or anything.

I need to finish up with Dirt 2, there's too many games to be played at the moment :shifty:

So the realis in manager mode appears to be all hollow promises then. I'm really pissed off that they've managed to top their feat of fucking up Newcastle's home kit by messing up both the home and away kits this year. Why buy a license and still get them wrong, some whizkid on the PES forums can and will do a better job on the kits this year.

Newcastle (Home) - Sponsor colours are wrong.

Newcastle (Away) - Back of the shirt has a box patch when it shouldn't.

From the EA website, the home kit looks horrendous, the box around the sponsor is white in the game, when it's black in reality. The away strip has a box on the back which ruins it, the numbers look silly as a result. Not happy

Edited by The Cool One

I wonder if Notts County were given their old badge and money due to EA being cautious about the whole Notts County thing in the first place.

But yeah, I'm expecting a patch within the next fortnight fixing a few little bugs (regarding transfers and such). I'm not expecting the Newcastle thing or the Notts Co thing, but if they happen it'll be a bonus.

Newcastle (Home) - Sponsor colours are wrong.

Newcastle (Away) - Back of the shirt has a box patch when it shouldn't.

From the EA website, the home kit looks horrendous, the box around the sponsor is white in the game, when it's black in reality. The away strip has a box on the back which ruins it, the numbers look silly as a result. Not happy

Jesus, I thought you meant they were the wrong colour or something! :lol:

What does it matter? Rovers players have never even looked remotely like their real-life counterparts, in fact a lot of them look the same. They've also given us the previous years away kit two years in a row, but surely it's all about the gameplay, not some box design on the back of the shirt?

I've said this for a while, and I think FIFA 11 will be fully customisable ...possibly even more so than PES.

It needs to be, I think. It's the one category Konami has always won on, so if EA can match or even better Konami on the editing side of things, they may well be fucked.

My free copy won't be coming until Saturday or Monday, so I'm going to get it at ASDA tonight instead. >_>