FIFA 10

Baddar

Usual boring players around online I see. Let's all constantly hold B and A while defending and hope for the best. Then, despite being absolutely dominated in the game, get one piece of luck, walk the ball into the box then square it for an open goal...

I swear, the only games I ever lose are to people who score that same goal. Every time.

It's a shame cos I've had some geniunely good games tonight but it seems the old, "stick my two fastest players up front and look for tight turns in the box", tactic still works.

Also, is it impossible to get a penalty from a standing tackle? Not had one yet inside the box, yet getting free kicks all the time for the same type of fouls.

So I was playing my Chelsea league. I walked past my PS3 and accidentally nudged it with my foot and it turned itself off. I went back into reload the league and it wasn't there. Checked my saved game thing on the main menu and apparently the file is now corrupt and apparently unusable. Which is fantastic.

I don't know why it is now corrupt. It wasn't saving, wasn't loading, wasn't doing anything special. All I was doing was browsing through the transfer window.

I think I've had enough of this game for now. All it seems to do is cause me agro and make me waste my time.

EA's annual footie franchise must be doing something right this year because FIFA 10 has apparently sold 1.7 million copies in Europe during its first week. According to EA, the title is "the fastest selling sports game ever and EA's biggest European launch in history."

Even with the positive launch, GI.biz spoke with an analyst who believes the sales aren't going to help EA in the long-term. Doug Creutz of Cowan and Company notes that heavy discounts at supermarket chains and other incentives made initial sales strong, but if the situation plays out anything like FIFA 09, the year-on-year sales will only grow marginally. But like a head-butt goal in the first minutes of a match, FIFA 10 is putting on a good show during launch.

Am I the only one slightly annoyed by the choice of playing extra time or accepting the draw? So far, I've had no games go into extra time due to people either being (I'm guessing here) stupid and choosing extra time only, with no penalties, or just wussing out and going for the draw.

Don't know if this works or is of any use to people, but this is a letter on GameCentral today:

RE: people quitting early in FIFA 10. Don't press 'A' to leave the session when they quit. Instead press the Xbox guide button and find your opponent in the Recent Players list. Then check their status and wait until it says they are back playing in the Arena, then go back and leave the session. This enables you to keep your win. Yay!

esdubya(gamertag)

GC: We haven't had a chance to test this, but we hope you're right.

It's a shame cos I've had some geniunely good games tonight but it seems the old, "stick my two fastest players up front and look for tight turns in the box", tactic still works.

Use the jockey button more - Standing up to them and stopping anything getting past the defender works great for me. Normally, people (or the AI, as is mostly the case when I'm playing) attempts a shot in panic, which is blocked by my defender who's standing right in front of the ball.

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

Edited by Baddar D

Use the jockey button more - Standing up to them and stopping anything getting past the defender works great for me. Normally, people (or the AI, as is mostly the case when I'm playing) attempts a shot in panic, which is blocked by my defender who's standing right in front of the ball.

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

It's not so much that I have trouble defending against it, it's just when the ball cannons off about 3 players right into their striker's path. You know for a fact that not only is Anelka/Ronaldo/Torres/Rooney going to pull away from your defence... he's going to square the ball across the six yard box for the easy tap in, and there's nothing you can do about it. Just frustrates me seeing the same goal over and over again. It seems like I score all different types of goals while my opponents rely simply on working the ball into a position where they can square it for an easy tap in. Even if they have a perfectly good opportunity to shoot/cross/play a through ball. It's gotten to the point where, if I player has cut into the box from out wide, I'll position my defenders so as to block the ball across, giving them all the time in the world to shoot. Yet they still look for the square ball. Seems silly and would bore me to play that way.

Had another guy go straight for the draw instead of extra time. Generally, it does seem like it is people that I've got the upper hand of, so maybe thats why, don't fancy the possibility of getting beaten.

That, and my finishing has been atrocious. Really need to sort it out.

Bah, just had another draw, was 1-0 up, but then passed a free-kick directly to their striker, who stuck it in the empty net. Passed up extra time again. I think its a rating thing, as a draw gets you points as well, so your rating can go up just drawing all the time.