FIFA 10

Baddar

But FIFA isn't shit :shifty:

:angry:

I'd expect it to be £40. There's no way you'll get it on it's release date for £25, unless a certain shop completely loses their mind. I'd say you'll be lucky to find it anywhere for anything less than £35. I take it that Asda is usually the best place unless as I said before, one of the main game stores decide to go crazy and do some type of special deal.

Looking forward to the demo on Thursday. Hopefully United as one of the playable teams (Y)

Looking forward to the demo on Thursday. Hopefully United as one of the playable teams (Y)

The teams in the demo are: Chelsea, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Marseille and Chicago Fire

No such luck.

I'm also looking forward to the demo. I loved 09, offline at least, online was a glitchfest. I got stuipdly good at it towards the end though, so hopefully I can get higher in the leaderboards this year.

If i can remember weren't they the teams in the last demo except it was Schalke over Bayern?

Also i can imagine the price in supermarkets being between 30-40 but gotta get them quick as i just missed out on the last copy in Asda than thought i'll try gamestation and happened to get the last copy (Just as some dad and a little kid asked after me i probably should of felt bad :P)

Also on the Easportsworld website you can register for the gameface feature to start creating faces for virtual pro. I have made the most hideous creature ever who will be scaring people in Fifa Clubs and on Virtual Pro

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/295/iaindowie.jpg

My Live Season looks interesting. It'll unlock if you buy an ALS league update next season, which is revamped btw.

My Live Season puts you in control of whatever team you choose with real-world results put in for all the other teams. It's like MM, but with the real life results apart from your game. I'm sure FM have done something similar before.

Demo is out. Just played it, feels almost the opposite of what '09 does if you ask me. It's hard to judge a game based purely on a demo, but this looks a hundred times better than the previous instalment. The passing system is something I was hoping would get fixed and it feels so much better as well as smooth. You can actually direct your passes properly now, whereas '09 just didn't always feel that way.

The players seem to move much better and it's easier to create space that's for sure. The shooting system feels so different on the training pitch, but feels great in game and also much harder to score I've found so far. The overall game just feels harder, which is a huge plus, but then again it's early days I guess.

Played two games. First was Barcelona against Chicago Fire. Struggled in the middle of the pitch, they just out numbered me somehow and I ended up losing 1-0 after a tough fought game. So I decide to play them again, wanting revenge. This time I'm Chelsea. Great system, some of the players actually feel much more like they look in real life (I.E Drogba, runs with much more power and doesn't just sprint like Usain Bolt or something). Managed to nick a goal in the first half after Anelka got put through. The keeper saved the first shot but Anelka got the rebound. Thought I had it in the bag, but the bastards got me napping in the 70th minute. Ball into my box and three of my players got into a right mess, leaving Blanco to slot it home. Went on to penalties and their keeper saved a penalty from Drogba (a super save may I add, looked much better than they have previously). So I ended up losing again.

First impressions are that it feels a hell of a lot better. The graphics also look fantastic and make me realise I need a HD television as soon as possible, because the shitty 21 Inch normal television that I'm playing on just doesn't do this game justice and it shows this time around. I really wasn't sure if they'd change much this year, but even based on just a couple of games on the demo, it seems they really have changed things up and for the better, so this is a definite buy for me now. Going to try out Juve soon to see how they fair and hopefully I can stop the unbeatable Chicago :shifty:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

i've had 2 games one as Barca VS Chelsea which finished 0-0 but i liked the passing and the AI seems better as well which is good for 1player. Second game did the reverse of that game and won 2-0 with Chelsea the urgency control was present in the 1st goal as Anelka managed to keep it in whip in a cross and it went perfectly into the middle of the box and Drogba hits a header above the keeper.

2nd goal sloppy by Barca as they passed it back towards Pique and Drogba came out of nowhere won the tackle and smashed it in. Also Essien got booked for a Handball as their player went to cross it in he went to block and leaned his body towards the ball with arms up and he got booked and they had a corner.

Nice little thing i noticied is when the team lineups are being shown you see the teams kit instead of the random white kit.

Also like on Pro Evo if theres a little foul your player can take a quick freekick

Plus the Arena Keeper is Madanda instead of Kirkland now

Edited by davidmarrio

I noticed that the difficulty is set on what you choose at the start and you cant change it. So I was playing on professional before, which explains the difficulty. Tried amateur, which was too easy really. Smashed Chicago 4-0 with Barcelona, scored a fantastic goal with Zlatan.

Loving the freekicks on here as well, they seem to direct and power much better. A Lampard freekick actually feels like a Lampard freekick on here.

Nice little thing i noticied is when the team lineups are being shown you see the teams kit instead of the random white kit.

Cept the goalie kit.

Been playing mostly as Chelsea on the medium difficulty and have had some moments of food, fast paced attacking football. Like my spells on 09 though, i've not had much luck with the crossing. Sans for two nice goals, one where I cut it back from the byline to the edge of the area for someone to volley home, probably Lamps. Then I had a cross from Joe Cole to the back post met by a sliding Anelka to score. Other than that, a few missed headers from Drogba and plenty of crosses going nowhere near their intended targets. I suck at corners too. I'm used to curling them in on PES but it curves a lot more on this and it ends up going right to the goalie.

I've had a little too much success with pressurizing the opposition. I don't know if it's the difficulty but i've had a fair few occasions where i'll catch the defense dicking around and nick the ball off them. Plus, i'm not too high on the overall presentation. I was expecting something different, this looks the same as 09. Not a massive issue though.

Overall, am looking forward to getting the finish product.

Just noticed something, why is Cech rated 64? Also, one of the songs keeps catching me out. It sounds like the cricket song that the BBC uses, the steel drum one. So I end up thinking i'm playing Test Match Special or something.

Plus, i'm not too high on the overall presentation. I was expecting something different, this looks the same as 09. Not a massive issue though.

Wha?! Sure, there's going to be similarities to the last few games with it being EA Sports and how they like to keep to a certain theme but they've changed quite a bit and I think it's fantastic. One bit I would have liked to see changed admittedly is a change-up in the squad screen, it's been the same for years now, something to switch it up would have been nice.

I think the demo is very good. The graphics are awesome, the gameplay is terrific. It feels a lot more freeflowing with the addition of the 360 degree stuff and the passing has caught me out at times, I'm so used to the previous games that a few 'general direction' passes have gone astray.

I like how they've built upon the physical side to the game. New corner camera angle is great. Haven't taken a quick free kick yet, how do you do them? I don't know whether it's just me not knowing how or whether I haven't actually had a situation for them yet. I'd have liked to see them put multiple substitution cut scenes in, though, I find it annoying that we still only get to see one change being made even when two or three are happening.

I've played two matches thus far, the first a 1-0 win over Chicago Fire with Bayern Munich. Second was a 2-1 win with Juventus over Marseille. Manninger saved a penalty for me but I still went 1-0 down after they kept the pressure on my defence, I just couldn't clear the ball. Then Del Piero snatches an equaliser albeit through a goalie mistake, Del Piero stretches to direct a cross goalwards and Mandanda gets a touch on it as he goes down but it trickles under his arm and across the line. Captain fantastic finishes it off with a blast from the edge of the area.

Defending and Keeping improvements have made me happy as it feels harder to score and that's what i want. Except when i went on the hardest mode and won 6-0 against Chelsea with Barca then got dominated by Bayern with Marseille.

The keeper ratings i think is just only a minor thing as they really don't make much mistakes and play like they did on the last Fifa i think it's cause of the goalkeeper rating being put as 1 something like that my friend suggested.

Still some stupid stuff tho as i've just had a game with Barca against Bayern and won 3-1 but they scored 90th min and it was stupid. Cross from the left, defender chests it onto another defenders shoulder, Ribery heads it onto the the defender who chested it's shoulder drops on the edge of the 6 yard box and toe pokes it in. Plus on another game Brian Mcbride scored a Kung Fu twisting 90 degree backheel against me after taking a deflection so hopin that might be sorted out lol

I'm not sold on the goalkeeper improvements so far. I've played about six games and had two goalkeeper howlers, first me scoring with Del Piero as I described above and then Chicago Fire taking the lead against my Barcelona from a free kick that the 'keeper got a hand to before it trickled in. I did make an awesome save in a penalty shoot-out though, I went low to my left and the taker went down the middle, managed to kick it away with my shin which I haven't seen happen before.