Definitive list of things that have happened to the dancefloor.

K

So I was listening to the last Skindred album today, and I noticed that they decided to Destroy the Dancefloor, which to be honest was probably the most sensible thing to do after Michael Jackson got blood on it and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Nsi05HkXw. I think Skindred should have let Cascada know what they were planning though, cause she had to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTl1ajzq0bk. It would have made more sense to just clear the dancefloor beforehand.

What other things have happened to the dancefloor?

....then the Arctic Monkeys came along and said that he http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCre4HgPLU.

Didn't Mr. Turner actually place a bet on the possibility that some other (unnamed) person would look good on the dancefloor? This to me suggests that some third party has been involved in the practise of operating a tout "on" the dancefloor (using the word "on" in the sense of "in connection with").

In a similar vein, Sophie Ellis-Bextor technically only draws attention to the dancefloor murder. Keith, the incorrigible cynic, is obviously presuming her guilt based on the old premise that "(s)he who smelt it dealt it." (Or perhaps we should imagine SBE as akin to one of those dishevelled parents crying press conference crocodile tears in relation to his recently abducted child... even though HE WOZ THE ONE WOT DUNNIT!!!!). I think we're right to be suspicious about some kind of wrongdoing, anyway. Bextor's claim to "know know know know know know [sic]" about the mentality of those involved in such rug-cutting rub-outs is a bit over-zealous.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

Any other suspects for that murder that occurred on the dancefloor? Ian McKaye has to be up there. He seems a bit too confident in his assertion that this is the "Last Chance for a Slow Dance." Obviously he knew something we didn't. And the sudden disappearance of two of the Pipettes following the band's first album has always seemed kind of dubious to me. I hear the original title for track five was "It Hurts to See You Dance so Well (But Not as Much as It'll Hurt You)". Hmmmmmmm...

Ahhh, whimsy.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...