Europa League 09-10 Thread

Nice to see an English team playing to win in the Europa League. It pains me to see a team like Everton, Villa or a relegation threatened team throwing on their B team so they can focus on the league.

This is one of the biggest matches in Fulham's history and they played as if it mattered because it did.

Well done Fulham for beating Juve after conceding very early.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful game by Benfica. Especially the second half. Marseille got one chance, they scored, Benfica completely dominated the game, and scored twice in the final minutes. Wonderful.

The refereeing, though... It was simply disgusting.

Nice to see an English team playing to win in the Europa League. It pains me to see a team like Everton, Villa or a relegation threatened team throwing on their B team so they can focus on the league.

This is one of the biggest matches in Fulham's history and they played as if it mattered because it did.

Well done Fulham for beating Juve after conceding very early.

It always gets me when sides like Everton and Villa rest players to concentrate on the league, when teams in their position play the league games for the very purpose of qualifying for tournaments like this.

I don''t know whether Channel 5 patronising Lucas at half-time was out of complete stupidity or whether they actually have a bit of an agenda against certain players.

"Yes, Liverpool fans, that IS Lucas getting forward!!!!!"

Except he's been doing it pretty much all season. In truth, the only thing he's done wrong this season is choose not to die his hair ginger, grow a beard and change his name to Xabi Alonso.

• Like 1

Absolutely SHOCKING decision to send off Cannavaro I thought, changed the entire game. While I like Juve, I'm really happy to see Fulham go through. I'd love them to go all the way and still think they could, even though people continue to write them off every time. Hodgson is superb, simple as.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool 1-0 up and a man down at half time.

Are Benfica managed by Portugal's Big Sam? Because they certainly follow the same school of tackling.

I understand why Babel went, although can't see how what he did was any worse than Luisao - putting your hand to someone's face with no force whatsoever (whilst walking backwards) is far, far less dangerous than booting someone in the back of the knees at full pelt.