FA Cup 09/10 Thread

Crybaby Bunting

No, the Premier League has already said that they wouldn't get the spot, which does seem a bit like kicking them while their down

EDIT: On further checking, its actully because they havn't applied for a UEFA club licence because of being in admin

Edited by Hugobombski

If Pompey win the final, would they get one of the Europa League places?

I think the Premier League said they wouldn't due to going into administration. Which is bollocks punishing twice for the same incident. Kind of like Leeds getting deducted points in the Championship then again in League 1.

Kind of like Leeds getting deducted points in the Championship then again in League 1.

Wasn't that because they tried to get around the points deduction by deciding to go into administration after already being relegated (if not mathematically then I think they would have required a ridiculous set of results to stay up)?

Kind of like Leeds getting deducted points in the Championship then again in League 1.

Wasn't that because they tried to get around the points deduction by deciding to go into administration after already being relegated (if not mathematically then I think they would have required a ridiculous set of results to stay up)?

Yeah they needed to win something like 12-0 to stay up AND needed everyone else to lose. Plus Ken Bates put them into admin and tried to buy them back an hour or so later with an offer of 1p to the pound AND refused to pay the tax they owed

They weren't mathematically relegated no and yes needed alot of results to go their way. But there was no rule to state that there's a certain part of the season when you can't go into administration. I'm not even a Leeds fan but I thought that was an absolute travesty to punish a team for being smart and finding a loophole much like I think it's silly to ban Portsmouth from enterign the Europa League next year when they've already been punished by condeming them to relegation. Not that they'll beat Chelsea mind you. It'll be like a lamb to slaughter.

Leeds second deduction wasn't because they found a loophole in the rules and exploited it. They got 10 points off for going into administration and then 15 points off in League 1 because they came out of administration without a CVA from the HMRC. The rule on administration meaning deduction whenever was changed because Leeds and Boston cheated the rules (Boston decided to go into administration two minutes before the end of the season because they knew by that point they were going down and got the deduction there and then. But then they got demoted out of the Conference the next year anyway).

I'm delighted for Pompey's fans that they get an FA Cup final but they will get trounced by Chelsea.