IGN's Madden '05 Review

thatshortguy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Takayamanofear

This game is great, but with that said there are a list of things that I would like to improve

My Wish list for next year.

1. I would like to be able to set a practice squad. Sign more players during preseason make cuts based on performance.

2. Be able to set the roster how long you want each person to play during the preseason. For instance first game want your QB to get a series quarter half or full game. I would like to be able to set playing time so even my 5th string running back gets a few plays.

3. Naming the starter for a battle, or not letting them happen naming a starter in the first week of preseason. If the loser is highly completive then he might lose moral and the winner might gain. Be able to look at the performance and name a starter any time during the position battle.

4. I would also like to see in contract negations set a role for them and if they don’t like it they will ask for more or won’t sign with you. Add incentive clauses that affect your team finance.

5. This is probably to much but I would rather go Day by Day and have Free agent negations progress and other teams can be interested like the off season free agency.

6. I would like scouting reports on practices, and I would also like to be able to send people to NFL Europe and get reports on them. I think if those were added it would be the perfect game.

A-Dub Farve will be in for about half the game and Couch will be in for the other half.

Edited by Takayamanofear

THanks, and the one thing I'd add to that list is RB by comitee. Because I like to have Najeh Davenport in a lot, but I don't want Amahns skills to diminish before the season ends because i wanna trade him for the 1st draft pick.

Just about the only gripe I have concerning the game is that the Franchise Mode just seems.....meh at best. Yeah, it's realistic and all, but sometimes players wouldn't mind having the option to turn off the salary cap or maybe not have to deal with cap penalties. Although they incorporated something to deal with the penalties (at the cost of team prestige), the ability to keep from micro-managing is sorely missed.

Guest Takayamanofear

SirTru's All-Madden Sliders, Version 0.2 For MADDEN 2005

Designed For:

13 Minute Quarters

Accelerated Clock: On

Offense: Human | CPU

QB Accuracy: 10 | 6

Pass Block: 11 | 6

WR Catching: 10 | 7

RB Ability: 13 | 13

Run Block: 12 | 15

Defense: Human | CPU

Awareness: 14 | 9

Knockdowns: 13 | 10

Interceptions: 11 | 9

Break Blocks: 10 | 9

Tackling: 11 | 10

Special Teams Human | CPU

FG Length: 10 | 10

FG Accuracy: 12 | 8

Punt Length: 10 | 17

Punt Accuracy: 12 | 11

Kickoff Length: 10 | 12

Penalty Settings:

False Start: 8

Holding: 7

Face Mask: 7

Off. Pass Int 7

Def. Pass Int 8

KR/ PR Catch Int 8

Clipping 6

Int Grounding 7

Roughing Passer 7

Roughing Kicker 7

Those are the sliders that I am using here is my box score from one of my games

Finals score Green BAy 21 Chicago 28 (Me)

Quarterback

Brett Farve went 10 of 26 147 yards 2 touchdowns ( a lot of balls were dropped because of rain on both ends)

Quincy Carter went 5 for 17 for 45 yards with 2 interceptions

Rex Grossman went 2-5 for 31 yards (he got injured at the end of the first for 2 weeks)

Running

Ahman Green had 27 Carries for 118 yards he also had 1 fumble

Najah Davenport 2 attempts 0 yards

Anthony Thomas 34 attempts 142 yards 2 touchdowns and 1 fumble

Quincy Carter 8 attempts for 43 yards

Larry Johnson 1 attempt for 10 yards (got him in a trade for Jerry Azumah and a couple late draft picks)

Receiving

Robert Ferguson 3 recptions for 36 yards 1 touchdown

Donald driver 2 for 40 yards

William Henderson 2 for 36 yards

Javon Walker 1 for 18 yards

Bubba Franks 1 for 11 yards

Ahman Green 1 for 6 yards 1 touchdown

Darius Watts 3 Rec 42 yards (traded Thomas Jones & Craig Krenzle for Watts and Chamberlain)

Marty Booker 2 rec 26 yards

Justin Gage 1 reception for 7 yards

Bernard Berrian 1 reception for 1 yard

Dochoppy I think this game is improved using these sliders even with 13 minutes it seems ultra realistic. Also the stroryline Central and other small features are really awesome. I had last years and I am enjoying this one alot more.

Edited by Takayamanofear