Download 2010

Bigal

I saw on Ticketmaster that tickets for Download are going on sale tomorrow, and are very reasonable at 160 quid. So, while I know there's no-one announced for the festival yet, anybody have any idea who's rumoured? I've heard AC/DC, which admittedly is my main reason for considering going, but hear of anyone else?

I have a ticketmaster voucher to use up by the end of the year, I might pick up a ticket.

Rammstein are rumored again. Steel Panther have confirmed. The following bands have confirmed on myspaces and the like...

Alexisonfire

Blessed By A Broken Heart

Heaven's Basement

Logan

They Fell From The Sky

Check here for a list of bands, and how likely it is they'll play...

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=3949764

This year they're charging an extra tenner to peeps going down on Wednesday or Thursday. I can understand why, as their costs have apparently spiralled in the last few years for security, etc.

As for the bands, Rammstein (for once) is a realistic rumour. Steel Panther are indeed confirmed (for the main stage too). Of those self-confirmations I quite like Logan from the time I saw them support Alter Bridge. They sound like a Scottish Creed.

There are loads of unsubstantiated and partial rumours, the bigger ones including Bon Jovi and Status Quo.

Rammstein would be amazing. AC/DC are rumoured every bastard year. Alexisonfire would be fan-dabi-dozi to see live too, though I'm not sure they'd work out well as a festival band. Extra tenner's a bitch, but understandable I guess. I just hope the non-early bird prices are still reasonable as I can't afford a ticket right now, and wouldn't want to anyway without seeing more of the lineup. It's a lot of cash to burn if there's not going to be many bands I want to see.

Rammstein would be amazing. AC/DC are rumoured every bastard year. Alexisonfire would be fan-dabi-dozi to see live too, though I'm not sure they'd work out well as a festival band. Extra tenner's a bitch, but understandable I guess. I just hope the non-early bird prices are still reasonable as I can't afford a ticket right now, and wouldn't want to anyway without seeing more of the lineup. It's a lot of cash to burn if there's not going to be many bands I want to see.

AOF mainstage at Leeds the past two years have been fucking mint. My mate who's seen them at one of our unions about 4 year ago and Leeds this year twice, said the order of greatness goes - Leeds lockup then Leeds main stage then Newcastle gig.

They make the transition well.