Need some new point & click adventure games

Sick N Twisted

I have:

- The Broken Sword series

- The Monkey Island series

- Grim Fandango

- Runaway: A Road Adventure (currently getting the second one The Dream of the Turtle, and waiting for the third to be released)

I've heard about Sam & Max, so will probably check that out, and I need to get The Longest Journey & Dreamfall again.

Are there any others worth checking out?

Thanks.

Edited by Sick N Twisted

Wallace and Gromit seems to be a popular recent release. Strong Bad is another, though i'm not sure how much that one is dependent on you being a fan of the Homestar Runner series.

Outside of that, I think Lucas recently released some/all of their back catalogue, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atalantis seems like a strong favourite there.

New free Game

I Wonder What Happens In I Wonder What Happens In Tales of Monkey Island: Rise of the Pirate God

"This is a super awesome fan game of a fan video of a licensed game series based on characters created in an original game series from the '90s. Cheesy"

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=39378.0

For those who don't know a certain member of the TellTale Games forums named Majus has become somewhat of a celebrity due to his "I Wonder What Happens In..." videos in which he makes comical speculations about upcoming episodes of Tales of Monkey Island. Due to the popularity of these videos and the impending end of this "season" of Tales, people have begun to ask, "When will 'I wonder what happens... 105' be released?" Based on the discussions in that thread there's been a lot of hype over an "I Wonder What Happens..." for Majus' upcoming video. There's even a thread full of awesome people who are planning a project similar to this one.

I do stress similar due to the fact that unlike what most people would expect from an IWWH...this is not in fact a video project. No, once I realized that people were serious about IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG, I decided to take a different approach to it. Something a bit more interactive.

So I quickly commissioned Ben304 to help me with this "super quick miniproject". Of course both of us being absurd as we are decided to take the thing far more seriously than entirely necessary, and it wasn't long before Ben had produced these:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

If we're talking Monkey Island - there's a feature in Retro Gamer on the series, and they interview the fella who created the first two, and he claims that he's contemplating making a "proper" sequel to Monkey Island 2 - picking up from the swerve ending at the end of that game, and pretty much writing off anything that came after it as non-canonical, for the most part.

Have a Nintendo DS? It doesn't get much better than the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games, for my money. They're a little different than your typical point-and-click adventure games, since they mold that format to fit in with the court room/investigation scenario. Doesn't matter, though; they rock.

And, for another choice that goes against the traditional grain a bit (since the standard stuff has been covered, mostly), I thoroughly recommend Monster Rancher: Battle Card for the PlayStation 1. It may be that there's a nostalgic appeal to it for me, but it's the most fun card-based games I've ever played. The actual movement and story progression is structured like your typical point-and-click (admittedly, a very basic one), but with the added bonus of a genuinely fun trading card game, complete with total deck customization and the like. Really fun.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar