Animal Collective

AnnIQ Edison

So I was asked to go to a concert by a band called Animal Collective of which happened last night. They are actually the total opposite side of the music spectrum to what I would normally listen to and searching songs on Youtube didn't really help my judgement. I must say though that once I was at the concert their genre of trippy, psychedelic synth trance etc. music really kinda worked in a "I'm gonna just sway and move with the music" kind of way.

Has anyone else heard of them or listened to their music?

The setlist for the concert can be found here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/animal-collective/2009/enmore-theatre-sydney-australia-33d71449.html

Search "Animal Collective" in youtube to find songs. I suggest "Purple Bottle" and "Fireworks".

Being from Baltimore I've been an Animal Collective fan for a good long while. Feels is my favorite album followed by Merriweather Post Pavilion and Strawberry Jam.

I'd say my top 3 tracks are: "The Purple Bottle", "Peacebone", and "Grass".

If you like Animal Collective also check out their various solo works and the following artists: Dan Deacon, Grizzly Bear, and Deerhunter.

Edited by damshow

Dan Deacon's from Animal Collective? Never knew that. I actually like Dan Deacon.

Panda Bear is awesome too. Not a fan of Animal Collective though.

No, that was poorly typed by me. I said to check out the solo works and also check out Dan Deacon, etc. I'll go back and edit it. Sorry for the confusion.