1998 Scenario for EWR

Tell me Shakespeare, did you take Ty123's update into account or are you updating the one you posted from the beginning?

Updating from the one I posted in the beginning, but I made several edits based on what Ty123 posted. I haven't begun working on a lot of relationships or other areas - focusing mostly on workers still. I'm hoping to crack 1,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to apologize for not posting that updated version as promised. I've had quite a hectic few weeks. I have managed to add several workers, but I haven't reached the level of progress I'd hoped. Maybe this weekend I can get an update up. I'm around 750 workers now.

• 4 weeks later...

In early 98, there was a wrestler called El Pantera, involved in a mini feud with Taka Michinoku and Brian Chrostopher. He even get PPV match at No Way Out 98.

El Pantera (real name Francisco Javier Pozas)

Born February 3, 1964 (33 y old at the start of the scenario)

Lightweight

Mexican

Top rope standing Frankensteiner as a finisher

Opener with luchadore gimmick

Brawl: 44

Speed: 74

Tech: 52

Stiffness: 47

Selling: 64

Over: 42

Charisma: 44

Attitude: I've got no idea

Behaviour: as above

(these stats may not be very accurate, I've not seen much of him and Taka could make anybody look good in his match)

There is also a problem with sending out promo tapes. When I do this, the game crashes. I don't know how to solve it.

Edited by Stratosfaction

In early 98, there was a wrestler called El Pantera, involved in a mini feud with Taka Michinoku and Brian Chrostopher. He even get PPV match at No Way Out 98.

El Pantera (real name Francisco Javier Pozas)

Born February 3, 1964 (33 y old at the start of the scenario)

Lightweight

Mexican

Top rope standing Frankensteiner as a finisher

Opener with luchadore gimmick

Brawl: 44

Speed: 74

Tech: 52

Stiffness: 47

Selling: 64

Over: 42

Charisma: 44

Attitude: I've got no idea

Behaviour: as above

(these stats may not be very accurate, I've not seen much of him and Taka could make anybody look good in his match)

There is also a problem with sending out promo tapes. When I do this, the game crashes. I don't know how to solve it.

I've actually added about 100 workers since I last updated...

El Pantera II is in the game now. I still have a LOT of wrestlers to add.

But since there's over 850 guys in the game now, I'd like to get feedback on stats, wages, etc. Please post all the feedback in this thread. I'm constantly working on adding workers, changing stats, etc. so while I appreciate people taking initiative and updating, it's much easier for me to have the stuff posted in the thread so I can do it myself, in case there have been changes made since the update was uploaded.

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=7663691

Please give me feedback. Remember that I haven't done a lot of work outside of the workers, television, and promotions (still need to finish the promotions, and I'm considering trimming back to around 12-14 promos instead of the 26 I have now.)

Pantera was working in IWRG and doing some freelance work in WWF at the time. However, I just removed IWRG from the game (Really no point in having it in; it's not even in current updates, and it's nearly impossible to find rosters for IWRG circa 1998... with AAA, CMLL, and Promo in the game, I feel Mexico is pretty well represented, especially since IWRG didn't have written deals or anything)

Ty, if it isn't too much trouble, could you post/repost the changes you made from my 1998 version and the one you updated? Just what finishers/stats/etc. you changed, so I can reflect those changes in mine. It'd be easier than looking through 700+ workers in yours and trying to find what numbers changed... haha.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83US0R4X

There's a mirror (someone said they were having trouble downloading it from the first site).

Edited by Master Shakespeare

Isn't 91 too low for Piper's charisma? His promos in 97-98 were fantastic. I could listen to him no matter what he was saying. I'd consider him behind the likes of Foley or Austin, but only slightly. Personally, I set his charisma in 1996 -1998 scenarios at 96 or 97.

And is it possible to do anything about this "send out promo tapes" problem? Playing WWF, I'm not able to create a third tv show during my game, because when I send the tapes, the game crushes. Any idea how to fix it?

The error report is:

Run-time error '52'

Bad file name or number

I think Rocky Maivia should be The Rock. I believe he changed when he joined the Nation.

He didn't become "The Rock" until maybe when The Nation ended. At this point he was "The Rock" Rocky Maivia

Ty, if it isn't too much trouble, could you post/repost the changes you made from my 1998 version and the one you updated? Just what finishers/stats/etc. you changed, so I can reflect those changes in mine. It'd be easier than looking through 700+ workers in yours and trying to find what numbers changed... haha.

Yeah sure. I'll look around for the changes I made :P

Edited by Ty123

I think Rocky Maivia should be The Rock. I believe he changed when he joined the Nation.

He didn't become "The Rock" until maybe when The Nation ended. At this point he was "The Rock" Rocky Maivia

Well, in that case, Triple H was "HHH" Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Anyway, Howard Finkel still called him "The Rock" Rocky Maivia but the graphics sure said "The Rock", the commentators called him "The Rock", and his tights said "The Rock." At Wrestlemania that year, the graphic clearly says "Intercontinental Champion The Rock." IMO, that counts.

And Triple H's graphic said "HHH" IIRC.

Well, in that case, Triple H was "HHH" Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Anyway, Howard Finkel still called him "The Rock" Rocky Maivia but the graphics sure said "The Rock", the commentators called him "The Rock", and his tights said "The Rock." At Wrestlemania that year, the graphic clearly says "Intercontinental Champion The Rock." IMO, that counts.

And Triple H's graphic said "HHH" IIRC.

I might have the timing off, but I went by what shows I could find circa January 1998 or even December 1997. It had him still listed as Rocky Maivia, with "The Rock" being more like a nickname...

As far as Triple H, I was under the impression that he changed his name when DX was formed and HBK started calling him that.

Thanks, man. I know it's a pain, but it will help me immensely.

Isn't 91 too low for Piper's charisma? His promos in 97-98 were fantastic. I could listen to him no matter what he was saying. I'd consider him behind the likes of Foley or Austin, but only slightly. Personally, I set his charisma in 1996 -1998 scenarios at 96 or 97.

I actually had it around 93-94 at one point, but lowered it after a few people said his charisma was too high. I'll consider bumping it a couple points.

And is it possible to do anything about this "send out promo tapes" problem? Playing WWF, I'm not able to create a third tv show during my game, because when I send the tapes, the game crushes. Any idea how to fix it?

The error report is:

Run-time error '52'

Bad file name or number

I wish I knew how to fix that... I haven't encountered that problem, so I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow.

The error report is:

Run-time error '52'

Bad file name or number

I just tested it, and it worked fine for me. I sent out a promo tape the very first day of the month to NBC, and it just said "tape sent!" Didn't give me an error... Not sure what the issue is. :(

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this update. You have obviously put a lot of time on this. It's been hard to decide where to start with it. Join the WWF at the dawn of Attitude. Try to save WCW from the multiple mistakes that would become its downfall or try to push ECW into a global promotion.

The only obvious thing missing is the lack of many relationships. It can be time consuming but it adds a lot to the game. It would also be worth while copying the alter ego file from another update. But as I say a awesome job thus far. bravo!

I just tested it, and it worked fine for me. I sent out a promo tape the very first day of the month to NBC, and it just said "tape sent!" Didn't give me an error... Not sure what the issue is.

Problem was in my game. I fixed it now and it wasn't in your scenario, but in my exe file. So everything's fine :rolleyes: Sorry for trouble.

I'll try to help a bit with tag teams and leave some feedback about them when I get some more free time.

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this update. You have obviously put a lot of time on this. It's been hard to decide where to start with it. Join the WWF at the dawn of Attitude. Try to save WCW from the multiple mistakes that would become its downfall or try to push ECW into a global promotion.

The only obvious thing missing is the lack of many relationships. It can be time consuming but it adds a lot to the game. It would also be worth while copying the alter ego file from another update. But as I say a awesome job thus far. bravo!

I just tested it, and it worked fine for me. I sent out a promo tape the very first day of the month to NBC, and it just said "tape sent!" Didn't give me an error... Not sure what the issue is.

Problem was in my game. I fixed it now and it wasn't in your scenario, but in my exe file. So everything's fine :rolleyes: Sorry for trouble.

I'll try to help a bit with tag teams and leave some feedback about them when I get some more free time.

I definitely plan on adding relationships, alter egos, tag teams, and everything else to make this game as complete as possible. My top priority right now is adding workers (have around 875 right now) and updating the promotions information. Then I plan on finishing staff. After that, I'll begin working on everything else. However, any information you can provide me in the mean time, I'll save in a notepad document and use later. It'd be a huge help. Thanks a lot for all the support and help, guys.

Luchawiki, Wikipedia, Online World of Wrestling, Google, Wrestling Information Archive, History of WWE/WCW/ECW, and the Accelerator pages, as well as Bill1996's EWR updates have been a tremendous help as well.

Wrestling Information Archive

Yeah I use that too. Really good source of information.

Anyway, sorry about being so slow on the changes. I seriously doubt this is completely complete as I didn't really make a word file for what I did. Anyway:....

- Made Charles Ashenoff (Konnan) the owner of Promo

- Added AAA events courtesy of Wiki

- I added workers for Music City Wrestling

- Also added some jobbers to WWF

Sorry this isn't all that good. I've somehow lost the promotions file that I had so yeah, the data is kinda bleh

Edited by Ty123

Double post, whatever.

Here's some help after looking at your recent data. Just some things I remembered that I had or recently discovered :)

Names/Contracts

Take the "Van" out of Van Hammer. After he joined The Flock, it was made to be just Hammer.

Same for Perry Saturn.

As well as Scotty Riggs.

Add Brian Adams to WCW on a Written Contract. He was set to debut in February I believe.

Add Keiji Mutoh to WCW on an open contract, midcarder with mysterious gimmick. Maybe rename him to Great Muta

Staff

Charles Ashenoff (Konnan) owner of Promo Azteca

Birth: June

Talent: 73

Backstage: 89

I put Unsackable and Booker

Relationships

There's mistakes in all of Iron Sheik's relationships. In his place is instead soem guy name Yoji Anjo

Violent J friendship with Rob Van Dam and Sabu

Shaggy 2 Dope friendship with Rob Van Dam and Sabu

Norman Smiley loyalty with Vampiro

Konnan friendship with Kevin Nash

Konnan friendship with Rey Mysterio Jr.

Mike Awesome should have loyalty with Horace Boulder, cousins by marriage

Mike Awesome should have loyalty with Hollywood Hogan, due to aforementioned marriage

The Undertaker should have blood relative with 8-Ball, Skull and Brian Lee. They are all cousins.

Fix the Kimberly/Sherri Martel relationship. In Sherri Martel's place is instead Lizmark

Tag Teams

Team name of Eddie & Chavo changed to Eddie and Chavo. The "&" doesn't come out right.

Same with Horace & Sabu

Same with Joe Gomez & Tatanka

Same with Glacier & Miller

Barry Windham and Lex Luger tag team, 3-5 experience. They were tag team champions and fought against the Four Horsemen

Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko tag team, 7-8 experience.

I think the 100 experience for Sting and Luger is a bit much. Maybe something in the 60-75 range would be better.

Two Dudes With Attitudes finisher would be Tower Splash.

Just a little annoyance, but I think the 'N' in Rock'N'Roll Express would be spaced to look like "Rock 'N' Roll Express".

Change Harlem Heat's finisher to Heat Seeker (Electric chair from Stevie followed by a missile dropkick from Booker)

In-active tag team with Stone Cold and Cactus Jack, listed as Austin and Dude Love, 3-5 experience

In-active tag team with Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels, 5-7 experience

In-active tag team with Steve McMichael and Chris Benoit, 2-3 experience

Active tag team with Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton, listed as Vicious and Delicious, 24 experience

Active tag team of Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Masahiro Chono, finisher is Cho-Ten Tornado, 46-54 experience

Stables

nWo

Add Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta

Add Hiroyshi Tenzan

Add nWo Sting

Just noticed Brian Lee isn't in the data. Not sure if he was just an oversight, but I'll try to compile some stats if you need some

Edited by Ty123