1998 Scenario for EWR

I changed most of the stuff you mentioned, but I had some concerns about the following suggestions:

Add Brian Adams to WCW on a Written Contract. He was set to debut in February I believe.

Add Keiji Mutoh to WCW on an open contract, midcarder with mysterious gimmick. Maybe rename him to Great Muta

Adams wasn't signed to WCW yet as far as I know. His first appearance wasn't until February (IIRC) and he was still a free agent. Also, while Mutoh was working for NJPW and part of nWo Japan, he was not on WCW's roster and didn't return to WCW until 1999 when he joined the Dark Carnival with Vampiro and ICP.

I'm going to fix the relationship data later, but I appreciate you giving me all of that information.

nWo

Add Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta

Add Hiroyshi Tenzan

Add nWo Sting

Just noticed Brian Lee isn't in the data. Not sure if he was just an oversight, but I'll try to compile some stats if you need some

I'm debating on whether Tenzan should even be in WCW at this time, and if he is, he would be in the nWo. I'll add nWo Sting back to the nWo. I didn't realize he wasn't already a member.

And as mentioned already, Brian Lee is Chainz and he's in WWF.

Also, while Mutoh was working for NJPW and part of nWo Japan, he was not on WCW's roster and didn't return to WCW until 1999 when he joined the Dark Carnival with Vampiro and ICP.

Hmm...I was sure he'd done something with WCW during 1998. I think I got that confused with some 1997 clips I saw :P

EDIT: Yeah definitely got it confused with 1997. He worked a lot of WCW shows in 1997.

I'm debating on whether Tenzan should even be in WCW at this time, and if he is, he would be in the nWo. I'll add nWo Sting back to the nWo. I didn't realize he wasn't already a member.

Here's something of Tenzan in WCW during 1998, but it's sorta midway through the year.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bN2Nk5tznaQ

Edited by Ty123

I'll leave Chono and Tenzan in WCW and in the nWo, then. But yeah, I think Muta was spending time in NJPW and also pondering retirement due to his bad knees around this time, so I'll just keep him in NJPW since he didn't wrestle again for WCW until late 1999.

Isn't 91 too low for Piper's charisma? His promos in 97-98 were fantastic. I could listen to him no matter what he was saying. I'd consider him behind the likes of Foley or Austin, but only slightly. Personally, I set his charisma in 1996 -1998 scenarios at 96 or 97.

I've been weighing how much I should increase Piper's charisma by for a while now... and I just happened to watch this promo and I'm going to make it a 96. The guy was still really amazing around this time, what a personality.

Also just stopping in to let everyone know I hope to have an updated version next weekend (with this weekend being Mother's Day and all :blush: )

What will be the main additions to the "Updated Version"... And how far is it from accurate/full, or at least enough to be playable at a decent level?

I have 887 workers in the game at this time. I haven't added any workers for a few days, but what I'm doing now is going through every worker I have in the game and comparing them to their counterpart in the current update (Bill1996's May 2010 EWR Update).

I'm basically doing this for a few reasons:

1.) Make sure the birth date information is accurate. You'd be surprised at how many weren't, despite me using resources. The problem is, even though Wikipedia cites Online World of Wrestling or other reputable sites, sometimes individual information within the articles are off, either by a couple years or due to typographical errors; or sometimes people just randomly edit info without using a source. So I've found quite a few errors. I'm through about 250 workers of the 887 I have in right now. I hope to be through all of them by tomorrow. I haven't done any work on the scenario yet today (going to do some now before I go to bed) due to it being mother's day and spending time with my mom and family.

2.) The other main reason for doing this is to check the stats and make sure they're comparable. In some cases, I don't know much about workers, so I take their present day stats and make adjustments (usually raising speed/tech and lowering brawl, but not in every case). I also use sources like LuchaWiki, Wikipedia, OWW, and the Accelerator bios to gauge information. Then there's YouTube, which is a good source of first-hand knowledge of how well a worker performed during this time, but it's not always easy to find the information.

Basically... Here's what I'm hoping will be done:

Have over 1,000 workers in the game and have them in their appropriate wrestling companies. Limit the wrestling companies to around 15-18 to make it a little easier (some of the companies are extremely difficult to find information for).

Update the Japanese touring commitments. I found a great list of each Japanese company in 1998 and who was touring, but I lost it... going to try to find it on my PC and make those changes. Also going to replace Japanese promotions that didn't exist in 1998 with ones that did (so instead of Zero-One, NOAH, and Wrestling's Marvelous Future you'd have RINGS, FMW, etc.)

Those are the main things I'm going to focus on over the next week. I can't guarantee it'll all be done, but I'm going to try my hardest and have some sort of update regardless by next weekend.

There will still need to be major editing done for staff, relationships, alter egos, titles, events, and other areas of the game.

If you need any help with the Mexican promotions, I might be able to help you. So, just ask, if I can answer I'll be glad to help out.

That would be great, thanks.

If you could get me a decent roster for AAA, CMLL, Promo Azteca, and even IWRG (which I'd consider adding if I had a decent amount of information) along with STAFF INFO which is just REALLY hard to find, that would be awesome.

Or if you want to wait until my next "update", you could just check the lucha libre promotions and make sure the info looks accurate, whichever you prefer. :)

Thanks a lot for all the help, everyone.

If you need any help with the Mexican promotions, I might be able to help you. So, just ask, if I can answer I'll be glad to help out.

That would be great, thanks.

If you could get me a decent roster for AAA, CMLL, Promo Azteca, and even IWRG (which I'd consider adding if I had a decent amount of information) along with STAFF INFO which is just REALLY hard to find, that would be awesome.

Or if you want to wait until my next "update", you could just check the lucha libre promotions and make sure the info looks accurate, whichever you prefer. smile.gif

Thanks a lot for all the help, everyone.

I'll look out for some info on the staff of those promotions and I'll also wait for the update and check it out.

Update the Japanese touring commitments. I found a great list of each Japanese company in 1998 and who was touring, but I lost it... going to try to find it on my PC and make those changes. Also going to replace Japanese promotions that didn't exist in 1998 with ones that did (so instead of Zero-One, NOAH, and Wrestling's Marvelous Future you'd have RINGS, FMW, etc.)

This probably sounds very noobish but I didn't know you could replace the names of Japanese feds. Could someone tell me how you do this? (I'm pretty sure it's not in the ingame editor is it?)

This probably sounds very noobish but I didn't know you could replace the names of Japanese feds. Could someone tell me how you do this? (I'm pretty sure it's not in the ingame editor is it?)

There's a Hex Editor you can use to replace it, but I'm probably going to take the easy route (since I know nothing about programming) and just provide a guide for which promotion in the game corresponds with which promotion in 1998.

• Like 3

I think he means that since som Japanese promotions that are in the game didn't exist in this scenario, he's gonna put the workers of some promotions in their equivalent. For example, the workers who were touring with FMW will be put with WMF. 'Cause I think the names of the Japanese promotions can't be changed.

EDIT: Didn't saw Master's post, so ignore this.

Edited by Powerhart
  • Like 2

I need some help regarding Mascara Sagrada...

Who should have the Mascara Sagrada name, and what should the name of the other wrestler be?

http://luchawiki.org...?title=Alebrije

http://luchawiki.org...Mascara_Sagrada

Mascara Sagrada should be, well, Mascara Sagrada, he's the original one.

The other guy (Alebrije) only wrestled as Mascara Sagrada for one year and that was when the orignal Mascara Sagrada was in another promotion (in Mexico promoters tend to do that) so Alebrije is El Alebrije and Mascara Sagrada is Mascara Sagrada.

Who should have the Mascara Sagrada name, and what should the name of the other wrestler be?

The other guy (Alebrije) only wrestled as Mascara Sagrada for one year and that was when the orignal Mascara Sagrada was in another promotion (in Mexico promoters tend to do that) so Alebrije is El Alebrije and Mascara Sagrada is Mascara Sagrada.

Yes. Isn't that how we got the 2 other Psicosis and the 1 other La Parka just to name a few? And isn't there also a new Rey Misterio Jr. around there?

I'm still planning on posting a big update today or tomorrow at the latest. I have almost reached the 1000 mark for workers I sort of "set" as a challenge for myself. By the end of this scenario, I'll probably have 1250-1300 workers, if not more by the looks of things.

I found the file for Japanese touring commitments. I've also updated a few things in the game (not much outside workers, but particularly which companies guys were working for, as I missed a few.)

So yeah, expect something posted later today or tomorrow for everyone to give feedback on, and I'll keep plugging away till this thing is done... (Y)

Yes. Isn't that how we got the 2 other Psicosis and the 1 other La Parka just to name a few? And isn't there also a new Rey Misterio Jr. around there?

It's because most promoters here in Mexico think (and some do) that they own the characters of Wrestlers wich most of the times they don't, so when a popular wrestler (i.e. La Parka) leaves the promotion to the rival or the indies they clone him/the character without the Wrestler portraying it originally knows it, this tends to happen very regularly with AAA. And I've never heard of another Rey Misterio Jr. I know that there's a Hijo de Rey Misterio though, wich is the real son of Rey Misterio Sr. while Rey Mysterio (WWE) is the nephew.

It's because most promoters here in Mexico think (and some do) that they own the characters of Wrestlers wich most of the times they don't, so when a popular wrestler (i.e. La Parka) leaves the promotion to the rival or the indies they clone him/the character without the Wrestler portraying it originally knows it, this tends to happen very regularly with AAA. And I've never heard of another Rey Misterio Jr. I know that there's a Hijo de Rey Misterio though, wich is the real son of Rey Misterio Sr. while Rey Mysterio (WWE) is the nephew.

I was talking about Hijo de Rey Misterio. Just couldn't remember his name and on the pic I found he looked like Mysterio in his old WCW days.